LSU FB coach Brian Kelly expected to get $100 million contract

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Expected to be an 8 year deal worth around $100 million.
Their WBB coach makes more than our FB coach. Just amazing the money their athletic dept produces for the university.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:17 pm Brian Kelly destroyed
https://www.si.com/college/notredame/fo ... notre-dame
The author of that article is repeating what I've been hearing from friends and family about Brian Kelly for years. He piled up wins against a dummied-down schedule and threw the players under the bus when the team didn't perform against the top competition. Connected alumni that live and die with Irish football have wanted him out for years. A big reason they dislike Swarbrick is because of the dummying down of the schedule, and his longtime defense of Kelly.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Teams play 12 games now. ND has never played an FCS school to this point though almost all other 130 FBS teams have. ND has just announced they will do so against Tennessee St. . After going 4-8 he overhauled his coaching staff. More importantly he made personal changes. He became more involved with the players and he got more involved in recruiting which greatly helped in the rebound. As we all know schedules are set as far as 10 years out. So the rant is off the mark and made by someone looking for clicks. If the schedules were dumbed down the play-off committee would have jumped on that in a second to keep ND out. Kelly is hard to like as he has long thrown others under the bus when things didn't go as expected. Yet he has won everywhere he coached. Unfortunately he'll very likely win and win big in BR. The bottom line is times have changed dramatically and there are a good number of programs that have more resources than ND. While we ND fans still believe that ND can win a NC most understand it will never dominate as it once did. As to Swarbrick most like and respect him. The $600 million donated for the things he's wanted scream that loud and clear.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Win, you cannot call yourself an ND fan and in the same breath not admit the schedules are NOTHING like they were for the first 100 years of Notre Dame Football. You're easily old enough to know that's a fact.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I most certainly can call myself an ND fan. I am a die hard and I'm with the silent majority who ignores the vocal minority. They put that record together because of the changes I listed above. They were very significant changes. It's not Swarbrick or Kelly's fault that USC went into disarray and Stanford has faltered. Nor is it their fault that ND had to accept the 5 games a year on average that they have to play ACC teams in order to take care of the rest of their programs. The program is in much better shape than it has been in a long time.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

That's the expected reply. You are winwave, you know more about ND football than anyone else, including the guy writing for Blue and Gold.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. Driskell hasn't been at Blue and Gold in well over 2 years. You'd know that if you were a die hard ND fan.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:34 am LOL. Driskell hasn't been at Blue and Gold in well over 2 years. You'd know that if you were a die hard ND fan.
But you know more than he does, despite his resume.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If he was good enough he'd still be at Blue and Gold. Bottom line is that the program is in much better shape than it has been in a long time. Swarbrick and Kelly did that and only a fool could try to suggest otherwise. Fortunately Swarbrick is wise enough to ignore the vocal minority and just keep doing his job. Hopefully Freeman can handle the jump from DC to HC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:24 am If he was good enough he'd still be at Blue and Gold. Bottom line is that the program is in much better shape than it has been in a long time. Swarbrick and Kelly did that and only a fool could try to suggest otherwise. Fortunately Swarbrick is wise enough to ignore the vocal minority and just keep doing his job. Hopefully Freeman can handle the jump from DC to HC.
:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:45 pmLike I said
win, you argue the same way with each of us. Your word is Gospel, and anyone that contradicts it knows nothing. That article repeated things I've been saying about how the ND alumni that I know feel about Brian Kelly. You've told me I was wrong, out of touch, and that my family members (who not only went to ND but live and die by ND football) and friends were clueless. Then what I've been saying shows up in print. The article voices the feelings of a significant portion of ND fans that you've been refusing to admit exist for years. So of course, in your world, the author is an idiot. He doesn't agree with the almighty winwave. Then, in your mind, you won the argument you were having with me by pointing out that I don't know the author's resume as well as you do (even though you probably googled him which I didn't bother doing.) A classic winwave move, slightly change the arguement and claim victory over a sidebar point that's really not generic to the argument. Name calling is likely to follow.

You have a lot in common with Brian Kelly, particularly in how you see yourselves in the world. I've been guilty of that form of self-centeredness from time to time. But as St. Francis taught us, I strive to understand rather than be understood. That's why it's so much easier for me to admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong. Sometimes even when I'm right because being right isn't always as important as being present for others.

So, that said, win, you are right. Brian Kelly was the best thing to happen to ND since Knute Rochne, maybe better. The schedule is perfect for Notre Dame and it's too bad Brian Kelly won't be around to win 11 games against it and get crushed by a team whose players want to be champions. Anyone that thinks differently should just ask winwave, he is happy to point out where your perceptions went astray.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I didn't have to google him. I have read Blue and Gold everyday for years. As I told you long ago in another thread that you tried to belittle my ND fandom in that I have long owned season tickets with a group of others and go to a home game every year. I have a relative that works in the athletic department. I am in touch with the reality of the situation. There are a lot of people stuck in the past. Those days are gone. The landscape has changed dramatically. Swarbrick has done a great job. There's no ignoring him raising $600 million dollars to provide the resources to make the program nationally relevant again. As to Kelly I don't like him personally but there's no ignoring the fact that he's a good coach. We would have won the Fiesta Bowl this year if he was stiil there. As to the playoff games those teams that beat us beat the teams they played in the finals just as badly if not worse. Those other teams fans weren't whining that oh our coach sucks because we got our ass kicked in the NC game.

As usual when I am right you have to get personal. I have admitted being wrong many times here but it breaks up your fall back narrative to admit that. You talk to the same limited amount of fans and they clearly are stuck in the past. I am getting older but I stay current. I am excited about the future because Freeman believes in more kids being able to make it at ND than Kelly did. He definitely will up the recruiting . He just has to prove himself as a HC. Go Irish!