Déjà Vu All Over Again

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 pm No the schedule you wanted wouldn't even have them on it. Your schedule was one designed to just go 6-6 and go to the nobodygivesashitbowl.com. You stated that over and over. What I have wanted is to break through and win the conference and get the NY6 Bowl. I said we had that chance this year. so I hope we don't make the mistake that Tulane has made so many times before in moments like this and think we've arrived. Let's keep going 1-0.
The schedules that I begged for, (and the 2022 Schedule is one of them), is designed to give a 6-6 season on at the worst. No matter what, 6-6 is better than the 2-4 seasons that we have seen so many times. The 2022 Schedule is what our program needed. Get ready for another smart 2023 Schedule that will feature just 1 P5 opponent with 3 other winnable non conference opponents. We will start out 4-0 at best next year, our 3-1 at worst.

Right now, the 2022 season is off to a good start by beating Umass and Alcorn before upsetting Kansas State. We took care of business vs a beatable P5 after 2 confidence builders. This schedule was perfect for us, and it was badly needed. Now, we need to beat up another beatable FBS opponent in USM. They are not a P-5 or Powerhouse G5, but I am sure that you don’t have a problem with being 4-0 after a win over the Hattiesbirds.


Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

Facilities? Facilities??? Just like Jim Mora Playoff? Playoffs??? Tired of hearing that when the stands are 2/3 empty. If we don't have 20,000-25,000 for this week's game at Yulman shut the F K up. Facilities improve as a need. What is the need when we can't fill the present stadium. I would put a cover over the practice field maybe consolidate with the Wilson Center with offices or more training facilities. Maybe dome Yulman but major investment would be fool hardy without a sufficient fan base. Put up or shut up, show up to the games, how can you guys expect a decent coach to bring in top recruits when they show them an empty stadium. How can a university entice top coaches to come to Tulane to coach in empty stadiums or facilities. Hunter and Fritz are doing miracles getting the recruits they get when they have to show them small crowds at games, like play in a void motivate yourself because you won't see much fan support. Commitment comes for not only the University but also the fanbase. Even in 1998 I was disappointed that more people did not show up the terrace had to be closed to make the crowd look decent for TV. I will really be p sed off if Southern Miss has more fans that we do!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wave QB wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 am
winwave wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 pm No the schedule you wanted wouldn't even have them on it. Your schedule was one designed to just go 6-6 and go to the nobodygivesashitbowl.com. You stated that over and over. What I have wanted is to break through and win the conference and get the NY6 Bowl. I said we had that chance this year. so I hope we don't make the mistake that Tulane has made so many times before in moments like this and think we've arrived. Let's keep going 1-0.
The schedules that I begged for, (and the 2022 Schedule is one of them), is designed to give a 6-6 season on at the worst. No matter what, 6-6 is better than the 2-4 seasons that we have seen so many times. The 2022 Schedule is what our program needed. Get ready for another smart 2023 Schedule that will feature just 1 P5 opponent with 3 other winnable non conference opponents. We will start out 4-0 at best next year, our 3-1 at worst.

Right now, the 2022 season is off to a good start by beating Umass and Alcorn before upsetting Kansas State. We took care of business vs a beatable P5 after 2 confidence builders. This schedule was perfect for us, and it was badly needed. Now, we need to beat up another beatable FBS opponent in USM. They are not a P-5 or Powerhouse G5, but I am sure that you don’t have a problem with being 4-0 after a win over the Hattiesbirds.
All you ever whined for was sissy schedules so we could just squeeze out a 6-6 record and go to a nobodygivesashitbowl.com. so you could be happy for the holidays. Myself and others want more than that. So far our schedule has us 3-0 with a win over a P5 on the road and we can't even muster a singe vote. We'll need to dominate this schedule if want better than a shitbird bowl.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 2987
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

"Nobodygivesashitbowl", thats a classic, a keeper. Thanks Winwave. Yes, thats to be avoided this year. Why we do not have Temple and Navy on the schedule this year irks the you know what out of me!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

I'm glad we don't have Temple and Navy on the schedule. We want and need to beat decent or better teams. We can't keep wishing to play shit opponents to try and get wins. Let's beat somebody and then let's keep beating them. That's the only way we'll get any respect and any fan interest.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:15 am
Wave QB wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 am
winwave wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 pm No the schedule you wanted wouldn't even have them on it. Your schedule was one designed to just go 6-6 and go to the nobodygivesashitbowl.com. You stated that over and over. What I have wanted is to break through and win the conference and get the NY6 Bowl. I said we had that chance this year. so I hope we don't make the mistake that Tulane has made so many times before in moments like this and think we've arrived. Let's keep going 1-0.
The schedules that I begged for, (and the 2022 Schedule is one of them), is designed to give a 6-6 season on at the worst. No matter what, 6-6 is better than the 2-4 seasons that we have seen so many times. The 2022 Schedule is what our program needed. Get ready for another smart 2023 Schedule that will feature just 1 P5 opponent with 3 other winnable non conference opponents. We will start out 4-0 at best next year, our 3-1 at worst.

Right now, the 2022 season is off to a good start by beating Umass and Alcorn before upsetting Kansas State. We took care of business vs a beatable P5 after 2 confidence builders. This schedule was perfect for us, and it was badly needed. Now, we need to beat up another beatable FBS opponent in USM. They are not a P-5 or Powerhouse G5, but I am sure that you don’t have a problem with being 4-0 after a win over the Hattiesbirds.
All you ever whined for was sissy schedules so we could just squeeze out a 6-6 record and go to a nobodygivesashitbowl.com. so you could be happy for the holidays. Myself and others want more than that. So far our schedule has us 3-0 with a win over a P5 on the road and we can't even muster a singe vote. We'll need to dominate this schedule if want better than a shitbird bowl.

Call a Bowl Friendly schedule what you want, but you aren’t complaining about being 3-0. We are 3 wins away from being Bowl Eligible again. Hopefully we win 8+ games this year. But if we don’t, we will not being sitting at home while other continue to receive more coverage and continue one being Bowl Programs. Programs must schedule accordingly, and we did in 2022.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Your scheduling desires suck. Those three Bowls didn't get us much coverage. This years weak ass schedule is why WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VOTE for the top 25. We beat a P5 on the road that was ready to crack the top 25 and was favored by two TD's yet NOT A SINGLE VOTE. All it did was cause the other team to no longer get any votes because the voters think so little of our 3-0 start BECAUSE OF YOUR DESIRED WEAK ASS SCHEDULE. Your thinking is why Tulane athletics has sucked for so long. Dumbing down the schedules fools no one. It's why despite the three bowls our attendance was still the same 2-3,000 die-hards. NO ONE WAS FOOLED. Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 am Your scheduling desires suck. Those three Bowls didn't get us much coverage. This years weak ass schedule is why WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VOTE for the top 25. We beat a P5 on the road that was ready to crack the top 25 and was favored by two TD's yet NOT A SINGLE VOTE. All it did was cause the other team to no longer get any votes because the voters think so little of our 3-0 start BECAUSE OF YOUR DESIRED WEAK ASS SCHEDULE. Your thinking is why Tulane athletics has sucked for so long. Dumbing down the schedules fools no one. It's why despite the three bowls our attendance was still the same 2-3,000 die-hards. NO ONE WAS FOOLED. Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
Winning helps the image of our program. Losing doesn’t. I ask again, do you have a problem with this year’s team being 3-0? Will you have a problem with us being 4-0?

Get behind this team to win 8+ games this year and stop complaining about a traditionally losing program staring out the season 3-0. We beat Kansas State because we went into the game with confidence and something to prove to ourselves. There is nothing wrong with the 2022 Schedule. Especially after going 2-10 last year!
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

The old adage “ you have to crawl before you walk” appears to be appropriate. It’s been quite awhile since we were competitive and I’ll take winning anytime. Especially if we build on that. Our foundation for winning wasn’t there but WINNING cures that.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wave QB wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:21 am
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 am Your scheduling desires suck. Those three Bowls didn't get us much coverage. This years weak ass schedule is why WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VOTE for the top 25. We beat a P5 on the road that was ready to crack the top 25 and was favored by two TD's yet NOT A SINGLE VOTE. All it did was cause the other team to no longer get any votes because the voters think so little of our 3-0 start BECAUSE OF YOUR DESIRED WEAK ASS SCHEDULE. Your thinking is why Tulane athletics has sucked for so long. Dumbing down the schedules fools no one. It's why despite the three bowls our attendance was still the same 2-3,000 die-hards. NO ONE WAS FOOLED. Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
Winning helps the image of our program. Losing doesn’t. I ask again, do you have a problem with this year’s team being 3-0? Will you have a problem with us being 4-0?

Get behind this team to win 8+ games this year and stop complaining about a traditionally losing program staring out the season 3-0. We beat Kansas State because we went into the game with confidence and something to prove to ourselves. There is nothing wrong with the 2022 Schedule. Especially after going 2-10 last year!
Due to the weak scheduling it hasn't helped. No votes and the same 2-3,000 fans. It matters who you win against.

I'm behind the team. You are the one who didn't show up here till we got to 3-0. I'm the one that's said all along we need to win at least 10 in the regular season for it to be the breakthrough season that we so desperately need. I of course don't have a problem with being 3-0. I'm a diehard. But I get that it matters who you beat in order to get respect. Scheduling matters. It's year 7. Let's go 12-0 and finish 14-0.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 2987
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:09 am I'm glad we don't have Temple and Navy on the schedule. We want and need to beat decent or better teams. We can't keep wishing to play shit opponents to try and get wins. Let's beat somebody and then let's keep beating them. That's the only way we'll get any respect and any fan interest.
I would rather us playing and beating Navy and Temple than U Mass and Alcorn! That is far more likely to produce a buzz than beating who we played our first two games!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Bigschtick wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:40 am
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:09 am I'm glad we don't have Temple and Navy on the schedule. We want and need to beat decent or better teams. We can't keep wishing to play shit opponents to try and get wins. Let's beat somebody and then let's keep beating them. That's the only way we'll get any respect and any fan interest.
I would rather us playing and beating Navy and Temple than U Mass and Alcorn! That is far more likely to produce a buzz than beating who we played our first two games!
Those are out of conference games so can’t be replaced with conference games .
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12647
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Bigschtick wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:40 am
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:09 am I'm glad we don't have Temple and Navy on the schedule. We want and need to beat decent or better teams. We can't keep wishing to play shit opponents to try and get wins. Let's beat somebody and then let's keep beating them. That's the only way we'll get any respect and any fan interest.
I would rather us playing and beating Navy and Temple than U Mass and Alcorn! That is far more likely to produce a buzz than beating who we played our first two games!
I think Auburn opens with UMass next year...and an FYI, Texas and OU will be in the big12 in 2023...the sec has already released next years schedule with ole miss comin to Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:23 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:40 am
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:09 am I'm glad we don't have Temple and Navy on the schedule. We want and need to beat decent or better teams. We can't keep wishing to play shit opponents to try and get wins. Let's beat somebody and then let's keep beating them. That's the only way we'll get any respect and any fan interest.
I would rather us playing and beating Navy and Temple than U Mass and Alcorn! That is far more likely to produce a buzz than beating who we played our first two games!
I think Auburn opens with UMass next year...and an FYI, Texas and OU will be in the big12 in 2023...the sec has already released next years schedule with ole miss comin to Tulane
I'll be damned if 'Nut isn't right on the mark. Ole Miss v. Tulane @ Yulman on 9/9/2023. And, if we don't get our first sellout at Yulman sometime this year, we will surely get it against Ole Miss next year. https://fbschedules.com/2023-ole-miss-f ... -schedule/
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 8350
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 am Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
There's only ONE way to achieve what you desire. Become an independent and fill the schedule with P5s. And after 10 years of 2-10, 1-11 and 0-12 seasons, they'll drop the program completely.

You have to win consistently FIRST in order to get some of these schools to play you, and then you GRADUALLY upgrade the schedule. You want it to happen RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR. Even Cincinnati took 4 years to get where they were last year.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:31 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 am Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
There's only ONE way to achieve what you desire. Become an independent and fill the schedule with P5s. And after 10 years of 2-10, 1-11 and 0-12 seasons, they'll drop the program completely.

You have to win consistently FIRST in order to get some of these schools to play you, and then you GRADUALLY upgrade the schedule. You want it to happen RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR. Even Cincinnati took 4 years to get where they were last year.
The way to do it is in the new conference with a beefed up OOC. No more FCS teams once we are in that weaker league. We have Ole Miss and Miss. St. lined up. We need that and add to it. It can be done.

We went 7-6,6-6 for three seasons. It's year 7. So yes I want it this year. Others do too. It's our last chance in a legit D-1 conference to do something. We have a very experienced team. We have our deepest team under WF. The schedule doesn't have one unbeatable team on it. We have the chance to go 4-0 in the Big 12. We will likely have the chance to go 5-0 if we keep winning and play in the CCG. Seize the damn day.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

I would do whatever it takes to schedule Nebraska, Texas, FSU, Stanford, USC and hell maybe UMiami.beatable name brand P5 programs who fans care about and hears of. Give them a 3 for 1. Hell Give LSU a 3 for 1 and chunk of the tickets.
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:44 am
Wave QB wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:21 am
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 am Your scheduling desires suck. Those three Bowls didn't get us much coverage. This years weak ass schedule is why WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VOTE for the top 25. We beat a P5 on the road that was ready to crack the top 25 and was favored by two TD's yet NOT A SINGLE VOTE. All it did was cause the other team to no longer get any votes because the voters think so little of our 3-0 start BECAUSE OF YOUR DESIRED WEAK ASS SCHEDULE. Your thinking is why Tulane athletics has sucked for so long. Dumbing down the schedules fools no one. It's why despite the three bowls our attendance was still the same 2-3,000 die-hards. NO ONE WAS FOOLED. Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
Winning helps the image of our program. Losing doesn’t. I ask again, do you have a problem with this year’s team being 3-0? Will you have a problem with us being 4-0?

Get behind this team to win 8+ games this year and stop complaining about a traditionally losing program staring out the season 3-0. We beat Kansas State because we went into the game with confidence and something to prove to ourselves. There is nothing wrong with the 2022 Schedule. Especially after going 2-10 last year!
Due to the weak scheduling it hasn't helped. No votes and the same 2-3,000 fans. It matters who you win against.

I'm behind the team. You are the one who didn't show up here till we got to 3-0. I'm the one that's said all along we need to win at least 10 in the regular season for it to be the breakthrough season that we so desperately need. I of course don't have a problem with being 3-0. I'm a diehard. But I get that it matters who you beat in order to get respect. Scheduling matters. It's year 7. Let's go 12-0 and finish 14-0.
Just because I chose on what post to add 2 cent to doesn’t mean I wasn’t around. Stop complaining about being 3-0 and be proud that these boys are at Tulane and winning. You have to start building a winning culture to pull off upsets and win big games. Beating Kansas State was a good thing, and going into that game undefeated gave our boys an extra something to fight for. No harm in that.

You are right, let’s to 12-0 and 14-0! However, if we somehow don’t, we will not be sitting at home during the bowl season.
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:31 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 am Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
There's only ONE way to achieve what you desire. Become an independent and fill the schedule with P5s. And after 10 years of 2-10, 1-11 and 0-12 seasons, they'll drop the program completely.

You have to win consistently FIRST in order to get some of these schools to play you, and then you GRADUALLY upgrade the schedule. You want it to happen RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR. Even Cincinnati took 4 years to get where they were last year.

No doubt about it! We have to step before we run. We have fans who talk like we have done this several times, but the fact is we haven’t. We have enough 2-4 win seasons to show that the all P5 way doesn’t work for us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wave QB wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:36 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:44 am
Wave QB wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:21 am

Winning helps the image of our program. Losing doesn’t. I ask again, do you have a problem with this year’s team being 3-0? Will you have a problem with us being 4-0?

Get behind this team to win 8+ games this year and stop complaining about a traditionally losing program staring out the season 3-0. We beat Kansas State because we went into the game with confidence and something to prove to ourselves. There is nothing wrong with the 2022 Schedule. Especially after going 2-10 last year!
Due to the weak scheduling it hasn't helped. No votes and the same 2-3,000 fans. It matters who you win against.

I'm behind the team. You are the one who didn't show up here till we got to 3-0. I'm the one that's said all along we need to win at least 10 in the regular season for it to be the breakthrough season that we so desperately need. I of course don't have a problem with being 3-0. I'm a diehard. But I get that it matters who you beat in order to get respect. Scheduling matters. It's year 7. Let's go 12-0 and finish 14-0.
Just because I chose on what post to add 2 cent to doesn’t mean I wasn’t around. Stop complaining about being 3-0 and be proud that these boys are at Tulane and winning. You have to start building a winning culture to pull off upsets and win big games. Beating Kansas State was a good thing, and going into that game undefeated gave our boys an extra something to fight for. No harm in that.

You are right, let’s to 12-0 and 14-0! However, if we somehow don’t, we will not be sitting at home during the bowl season.
Don't make up bullshit lies. You weren't around. More importantly I never complained that we are 3-0. You came in and attacked me claiming your sissy ass scheduling was working. It's not. It's why WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VOTE FOR THE TOP 25 AND THE RESULT OF OUR GAME WAS THAT TULANE IS CONSIDERED SO WEAK THAT K, ST. IS NO LONGER GETTING ANY VOTES. It's year 7 for christ sake. No one is asking for instant success. 2-10 was because Willie had a shit staff. So he fired 6 people and brought in new blood because his ass was on the hot seat with most people unlike you who was willing to give him 75 years to fix things.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wave QB wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:39 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:31 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 am Unlike you myself and most others here want to see us win big time and get ranked on a yearly basis. That takes better scheduling especially going forward once we're in the CUSAAC.
There's only ONE way to achieve what you desire. Become an independent and fill the schedule with P5s. And after 10 years of 2-10, 1-11 and 0-12 seasons, they'll drop the program completely.

You have to win consistently FIRST in order to get some of these schools to play you, and then you GRADUALLY upgrade the schedule. You want it to happen RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR. Even Cincinnati took 4 years to get where they were last year.

No doubt about it! We have to step before we run. We have fans who talk like we have done this several times, but the fact is we haven’t. We have enough 2-4 win seasons to show that the all P5 way doesn’t work for us.
It's year fucking 7. We went 7-6 and 6-6 for three of the last 4 years. It doesn't take that long for good coaches to fix things. TB and RR took two years. It's ridiculous to claim it will take 75 years to fix things. Look in the mirror and see why Tulane has been a loser.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:42 pm
Wave QB wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:36 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:44 am

Due to the weak scheduling it hasn't helped. No votes and the same 2-3,000 fans. It matters who you win against.

I'm behind the team. You are the one who didn't show up here till we got to 3-0. I'm the one that's said all along we need to win at least 10 in the regular season for it to be the breakthrough season that we so desperately need. I of course don't have a problem with being 3-0. I'm a diehard. But I get that it matters who you beat in order to get respect. Scheduling matters. It's year 7. Let's go 12-0 and finish 14-0.
Just because I chose on what post to add 2 cent to doesn’t mean I wasn’t around. Stop complaining about being 3-0 and be proud that these boys are at Tulane and winning. You have to start building a winning culture to pull off upsets and win big games. Beating Kansas State was a good thing, and going into that game undefeated gave our boys an extra something to fight for. No harm in that.

You are right, let’s to 12-0 and 14-0! However, if we somehow don’t, we will not be sitting at home during the bowl season.
Don't make up bullshit lies. You weren't around. More importantly I never complained that we are 3-0. You came in and attacked me claiming your sissy ass scheduling was working. It's not. It's why WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VOTE FOR THE TOP 25 AND THE RESULT OF OUR GAME WAS THAT TULANE IS CONSIDERED SO WEAK THAT K, ST. IS NO LONGER GETTING ANY VOTES. It's year 7 for christ sake. No one is asking for instant success. 2-10 was because Willie had a shit staff. So he fired 6 people and brought in new blood because his ass was on the hot seat with most people unlike you who was willing to give him 75 years to fix things.
You didn’t think we could go into Kansas State and knock off a Big 12 program after beating up on Alcorn and Umass, and we did it. You were wrong. Right now, the schedule is working no matter how much you hate the selection of opponents. We had a 2-10 season last year, so nobody expected top 25 votes after Week 3 even if we would have been the favorite in each game.

“If” we keep winning, we will be in the top 25. If we are serious about Big Time Football, then there are many more changes that have to occur.
Last edited by Wave QB on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21107
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wave QB wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:38 am
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:42 pm
Wave QB wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:36 pm

Just because I chose on what post to add 2 cent to doesn’t mean I wasn’t around. Stop complaining about being 3-0 and be proud that these boys are at Tulane and winning. You have to start building a winning culture to pull off upsets and win big games. Beating Kansas State was a good thing, and going into that game undefeated gave our boys an extra something to fight for. No harm in that.

You are right, let’s to 12-0 and 14-0! However, if we somehow don’t, we will not be sitting at home during the bowl season.
Don't make up bullshit lies. You weren't around. More importantly I never complained that we are 3-0. You came in and attacked me claiming your sissy ass scheduling was working. It's not. It's why WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE VOTE FOR THE TOP 25 AND THE RESULT OF OUR GAME WAS THAT TULANE IS CONSIDERED SO WEAK THAT K, ST. IS NO LONGER GETTING ANY VOTES. It's year 7 for christ sake. No one is asking for instant success. 2-10 was because Willie had a shit staff. So he fired 6 people and brought in new blood because his ass was on the hot seat with most people unlike you who was willing to give him 75 years to fix things.
You didn’t think we could go into Kansas State and knock off a Big 12 program after beating up on Alcorn and Umass, and we did it. You were wrong. Right now, the schedule is working no matter how much you hate the selection of opponents. We had a 2-10 season last year, so nobody expected top 25 votes after Week 3 even if we would have been the favorite in each game.

“If” we keep winning, we will be in the top 25. If we are serious about Big Time Football, then there are many more changes that have to occur.
Again with the bullshit lies. I did think we could go in there and win. I picked us to win in the score prediction thread. I have said over and over that we don't have one unbeatable team on our schedule this year. I'm the only one that voted that we'd win 10 games. Yes many did think we'd get at least a vote after going on the road and beating the team with the 29th most votes in the AP poll.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
Post Reply