UAB defeats hapless Tulame 28-21

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 pm Looking for a big crowd:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 67a72.html
Also hoping for a big crowd but I’m thinking it will be tough for this game. Vaccine and mask mandates, many people still struggling with Hurricane Ida recovery, KO late at 7pm with no on campus parking or tailgating, plus students move-in day. UAB would need to bring a lot but I don’t see that if they wanted to they’d have a tough time finding a place to stay as most hotels are filled with FEMA evacuees and out of town storm relief people. I’d be happy with 5,000 in the stands and a win.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Hoping for a decent size crowd and a win!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Houma de Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:39 am

Also hoping for a big crowd but I’m thinking it will be tough for this game. Vaccine and mask mandates, many people still struggling with Hurricane Ida recovery, KO late at 7pm with no on campus parking or tailgating, plus students move-in day. UAB would need to bring a lot but I don’t see that if they wanted to they’d have a tough time finding a place to stay as most hotels are filled with FEMA evacuees and out of town storm relief people. I’d be happy with 5,000 in the stands and a win.
Buddy, you got this right. At least 5 of us won’t be attending tonight (that usually wouldn’t miss a game). Hope we win and hope one day soon we will return to Yulman.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I agree. Plus last weeks performance took away the buzz from the OU game .

Just want to remind those that are going that there will be limited concessions. They haven't spelled that out but they have put that in their announcements about this game. I would also expect them to be shorthanded staff wise. So even with a small crowd there will likley be long lines to get what they do have.

One other interesting note. I haven't seen Tulane put anything out about damage to the stadium. However in the announcement about the select schools championships being played there it talked about how Tulane told them the damage to the stadium should be fixed by November so they felt comfortable playing there in December.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:11 am

Buddy, you got this right. At least 5 of us won’t be attending tonight (that usually wouldn’t miss a game). Hope we win and hope one day soon we will return to Yulman.
How did you make out in the storm? How are you doing?
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:13 am
My home has to be mostly rebuilt…can’t live in it. We’re on the premises and residing just behind in “temporary” quarters. Just got cable back yesterday. I will watch the Wave for only the 2nd time tonight.

We are blessed on the west side of the parish. The folks down the bayou are the ones that should be receiving the real attention as well as our great friends in lower Lafourche.

Nevertheless, I hope we play with reckless abandon tonight and notch a big victory. Thanks for asking.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:21 am
winwave wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:13 am

My home has to be mostly rebuilt…can’t live in it. We’re on the premises and residing just behind in “temporary” quarters. Just got cable back yesterday. I will watch the Wave for only the 2nd time tonight.

We are blessed on the west side of the parish. The folks down the bayou are the ones that should be receiving the real attention as well as our great friends in lower Lafourche.

Nevertheless, I hope we play with reckless abandon tonight and notch a big victory. Thanks for asking.
So sorry to hear about your home. Glad you are ok. I hope the Wave brings you some joy with a big win.
anEngineer
Riptide

Talk of Pratt being banged up. What exactly is the issue?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He was hit from behind in the pocket and went down on his throwing shoulder hard. He immediately went of and was rotating the arm. No reporters were allowed on campus this week as a school wide policy of no one being allowed as they worked on repairs. Tulane released some limited footage to the local channels to use and one shot showed Pratt throwing a pass in a full team drill. We'll see. Hopefully he's a 100%.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 am Talk of Pratt being banged up. What exactly is the issue?
Earlier in the week during the press conference after practice, I thought Coach Fritz and Pratt both responded in a very rehearsed manner when asked about injuries to the quarterbacks. Pratt was very, very brief and replied "I'm ready" and Fritz replied "they're all ready to play" (I'm paraphrasing,) Neither seemed interested in having much to say about any limitations that might result from the previous week's injuries.

Here's hoping that I wasn't reading too much into their responses. My intuition tells me that Pratt is not 100%.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:21 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 am Talk of Pratt being banged up. What exactly is the issue?
Earlier in the week during the press conference after practice, I thought Coach Fritz and Pratt both responded in a very rehearsed manner when asked about injuries to the quarterbacks. Pratt was very, very brief and replied "I'm ready" and Fritz replied "they're all ready to play" (I'm paraphrasing,) Neither seemed interested in having much to say about any limitations that might result from the previous week's injuries.

Here's hoping that I wasn't reading too much into their responses. My intuition tells me that Pratt is not 100%.
That's a good take on how they came across. Anxious to get there and see him in warm ups to know the deal.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

SMU is looking good in their game against TCU which would be big for the conference and would likely push them into the top 25 or right outside. Good for the conference and will set up a big game against SMU later this year for the wave. Lets take care of business for our fans, the region and those who can't make it today. Roll Wave
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:04 pm SMU is looking good in their game against TCU which would be big for the conference and would likely push them into the top 25 or right outside. Good for the conference and will set up a big game against SMU later this year for the wave. Lets take care of business for our fans, the region and those who can't make it today. Roll Wave
I’m watching Miss St. they are terrible too bad we didn’t play them instead of Ole Miss. Mike Leach probably get fired at the end of the season.
They got a delay of game penalty on a KO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:59 am Hoping for a decent size crowd and a win!

Against the supposed new AAC add we'll hardly draw flies because of Ina , Ole Miss and the total lack of interest in playing UAB . Welcome to the future . Cowen and Dickson , in hindsight got Yulman just right , as well as Tulane's high school basketball Gym ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Forever TU
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:45 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:59 am Hoping for a decent size crowd and a win!

Against the supposed new AAC add we'll hardly draw flies because of Ina , Ole Miss and the total lack of interest in playing UAB . Welcome to the future . Cowen and Dickson , in hindsight got Yulman just right , as well as Tulane's high school basketball Gym ....
Go away. You add nothing.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah we have had truly awful timing with our schedules. Seemingly we are perpetually playing teams at their best and having them drop off our schedule when they plummet Examples : Wake Forest, Duke, Navy, USF, Temple, Ole Miss. Miss State etc etc
nawlinspete
Riptide

Forever TU wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:53 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:45 pm

Go away. You add nothing.
Alright , I'll add that 70 + years of bad management , with some intentional destruction of Athletics , have created the mess we all hate today .
Last edited by nawlinspete on Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Corey's keys to the game:

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Flag carriers:

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tonight's Captains:

La Sports Fan
Ripple

Flag Carriers??
We don’t run out with an American Flag?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pratt is throwing . Horton is too.IBIETA is not.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

After seeing Ole Miss…Yulman is a PRACTICE field! Yeah yeah I know,
It’s big enough for what we need BUT if TU ever wants to be taken seriously Yulman Needs double decking on North and West side!