Rick Dickson 3 year deal AD Tulsa

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

What a bunch of crap! The guy is incompetent.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

We should be glad. There goes Tulsa as any threat to us for the forseeable future.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They're fucked.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

I wonder if his house is for sale although Dickson is just an interim? http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/la_orleans_ ... -VALMONTST
squilz
Low Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:23 pm We should be glad. There goes Tulsa as any threat to us for the forseeable future.
That's the spirit. RIP Tulsa
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 pm They're fucked.
Their fanbase doesn't understand what is about to happen. They should be ranting and rioting right now.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 pm They're fucked.
Their fanbase doesn't understand what is about to happen. They should be ranting and rioting right now.
they would be if SC was included in the deal...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I just laughed out loud when i read the news, WOW. Some AAC folks wanted Tulsa gone before this. . . this is the way to make that happen.
IM42lane
Swell

Dick Rick is a Tulsa alum, but this could be the death of all Tulsa sports as we know it. It makes you wonder if Tulsa will follow the same path out of the American as UConn took. What a really STUPID move this is!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
oliveandblue
Surge

He's only temporary. I still don't like the hire, but the sky isn't falling.
torbida
Surge

I wouldnt wish that incompetant clown on anyone.Get ready Golden Cane fans for the "Tulsa Model" and the end of competitive athletics as you go across the street in protest.
anEngineer
Riptide

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:47 pm He's only temporary. I still don't like the hire, but the sky isn't falling.
I agree. I doubt he will be making any major decisions or changes.
Wave755
Tsunami

torbida wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm I wouldnt wish that incompetant clown on anyone.Get ready Golden Cane fans for the "Tulsa Model" and the end of competitive athletics as you go across the street in protest.
Tulsa plays @ Oklahoma State on Saturday, so let’s see if that “Ole Rick Dick magic” has OSU under his spell!!!😂😂😂
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The % chance for him to get the gig full time just skyrocket exponentially. Even if he doesn’t get it, he’ll be listened to now and after. He will slowly start planting seeds of the “Tulsa Model” in peoples minds and pushing them towards it. Cowen and Dickson are insidious worms and should be treated as much. Once you let them in, it’s like getting rid of bed bugs. Remember we are still paying Scott Cowen $1m a year, 6 years after he left. Good luck Tulsa, you’ll need it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Compared to the Kansas AD, Tulsa's move was brilliant
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We all know it's only temporary. It never ceases to be fun to knock that worthless douche.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulsa is in survival mode. During the administration of the past provost, the school was showing $14Mil+ annual deficits...much of which was from sports losses. Like Tulane after Katrina they cut back many programs and were being accused by their administrative staff as becoming a vo-tech school. I'm confident that Tricky Dickie will get to the bottom of things.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Give me death or give me Rick Dickson ? Give me death, because Rick Dickson will be so incompetent he’ll think i’m dead and move on to Tulsa. Then we can flourish.

Things must be THAT bad for Tulsa. Their fans actually think this is a good thing. Would no one else go there ? I know it’s a small private school in a small market, maybe this shows they shouldnt be in the AAC ? I’m sure Rick will lead them to the promised land :lol:

Everyone keeps saying he led us through Katrina. Can anyone shed light on this? Was it above replacement level ? Because I do love how Scott Cowen apparently SAVED Tulane. He blew the water off the school and used his dyed green hair to scare away the storm.

Let’s use sports analytics, how much was someone above replacement level. Showing up and going through the motions and doing your job competently isn’t saving Sh*t. Scotty boy is still loving that year 6 $1m annual salary he gets from Tulane. The admins & professors should be up in arms over that, not over a Fritz raise.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:27 pm Dick Rick is a Tulsa alum, but this could be the death of all Tulsa sports as we know it. It makes you wonder if Tulsa will follow the same path out of the American as UConn took. What a really STUPID move this is!
I was told it was Tricky Rick's connections that got us into the AAC.

I never thought much of the man's professional capabilities, but he did his best work as our AD in Tulsa following the devastating Devon Walker injury. But if he's in charge of scheduling or hiring any coaches, yup, they're screwed.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

The irony that Cowen went back to Case Western as interim President. As long as those two are completely separated from Tulane I wish them well. They did too much damage to my Alma mater.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Tricker is not an Temp employee anymore...He is now fully in charge @ Tulsa
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... d03d8.html
TURVS71
Swell

To the good fans of TULSA...I still have the contact information for my Airplane Banner Guy if you are interested......
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:11 pm The Tricker is not an Temp employee anymore...He is now fully in charge @ Tulsa
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... d03d8.html
Watch Cowen swing a similar deal.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana