Potential Alabama Transfer- Kyle Edwards

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Really hope we can convince Kyle Edwards to come or find him a scholarship. Had offers from Michigan, Notre Dame Penn State and Texas A& M before choosing Alabama. This leads me to believe he has the grades to make it here. Here is what 247 said about him

https://247sports.com/player/kyle-edwards-46056167/

“ PROJECTION
Power-5 Starter
COMPARISON
Tony Jones Jr.
NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH
Bigger back with college-ready size and impressive bulk. Strong runner whose size and power manifest on the field. Shows good initial burst and runs with good leverage. At his best running north-south with shorter-striding gait. Lowers pad level and shrinks target upon contact. Possesses strong lower body and runs through arm tackles. Shared work load through junior year with fellow P5 running back so there's plenty of tread on the tires. Limited pass-catching opportunities, but encouraging ability in that area. No verified testing times so speed/athleticism lack context. Can improve on-field top-end speed. Occasionally bounces runs too often. Sometimes shows some stiffness laterally. Bona fide Power 5-caliber prospect with high-volume potential and the body to stand up to it.”

torbida
Surge

Have to make room for a player like this plus he's a local kid.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

my question... why has he not yet signed with anyone, taking summer classes, getting invoved with his new teammates, off season workouts...hell, it is July.. "fall workouts" start in about 6 weeks ya woiuld think he would be "destination bound" by now
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Perhaps to see how spring practice and the transfer portal would work out at Alabama ? Just a guess, but a reasonable question to ask.

He is similar to Devin brunfield in a few ways, except younger and slightly higher ranked. I do love the trend of these 4 star- Ish local players coming to Tulane after they see the grass isn’t always greener.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Has he said or done anything to indicate he's Tulane bound? Is this the same athlete people are complaining about in other threads that there's no scholarship or he wasn't offered? Really what I'm asking is what is his status right now?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

On both boards “reasonable” posters have said there is mutual interest and the coaches are trying to find him a scholarship. Grey shirting has been been mentioned but seems like a stretch. That’s pretty much it.

The fact this has transpired over a couple of weeks without an announcement or confirmation is concerning that they couldn’t get it done. However that’s me reading into things during a slow news cycle.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was posted elsewhere that Bama was 3 over the scholarship level after the new class came in and he was one of the three let go. If our staff wants him so bad then someone will get medically disqualified and he'll get that spot.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:51 am It was posted elsewhere that Bama was 3 over the scholarship level after the new class came in and he was one of the three let go. If our staff wants him so bad then someone will get medically disqualified and he'll get that spot.
put somebody on "waivers"..if not signed by another school, they can be reassigned, to Delgado, or the "Player to be named later" in a trade with Dallas Baptist
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

He got "processed" at Alabama. We need to "process" somebody to make room for him.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 am He got "processed" at Alabama. We need to "process" somebody to make room for him.
Exactly. A new version of the Trickle Down Theory.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
billow
High Tide

There’s a couple who may graduate in August.
waveclem
Surge

Update on this. Kyle Edwards committed to Southeastern tonight per his Instagram page. He was hurt that Tulane didn't have a spot for him like he was told back in the spring. I promise you he didn't commit to Southeastern due to lack of options. He committed their because it's the shortest drive to his home. Kyle will be great at Southeastern. I'm sure Tulane will be more then fine next season with Spears, Clayton, and Carrol as well. It's just a shame of what could have been.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ugh that’s a bummer. I was really hoping he’d end up with us
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wow... I thought his transferring to Tulane was a done deal...all the best to the young man