Arch Manning

Talk about the latest recruits here.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 8541
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:16 am everyone in NOLA raves about Rummel, St Aug, Holy Cross, Landry etc....the classification they play in, is the same classification that Horton played in 4A....Texas highest is 6A ...Louisiana 5A... there is no National guideline for enrollment classifications, it is done on a state by state basis...Per MAXPREPS Newman has a 2A classification
Landry-Walker is 4A, all the rest of these schools are 5A, which is the top classification in LA. Horton did not play in the top Texas classification.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Greeniegb
Surge
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:15 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:16 am everyone in NOLA raves about Rummel, St Aug, Holy Cross, Landry etc....the classification they play in, is the same classification that Horton played in 4A....Texas highest is 6A ...Louisiana 5A... there is no National guideline for enrollment classifications, it is done on a state by state basis...Per MAXPREPS Newman has a 2A classification
Landry-Walker is 4A, all the rest of these schools are 5A, which is the top classification in LA. Horton did not play in the top Texas classification.
You totally missed the point 4A in Texas is Equivalent to 5A in La. Level is based off of student enrollment nothing to do with level of competition. John Curtis was one of the top schools in the south even when they competed at 3A.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 8541
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:20 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:15 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:16 am everyone in NOLA raves about Rummel, St Aug, Holy Cross, Landry etc....the classification they play in, is the same classification that Horton played in 4A....Texas highest is 6A ...Louisiana 5A... there is no National guideline for enrollment classifications, it is done on a state by state basis...Per MAXPREPS Newman has a 2A classification
Landry-Walker is 4A, all the rest of these schools are 5A, which is the top classification in LA. Horton did not play in the top Texas classification.
You totally missed the point 4A in Texas is Equivalent to 5A in La. Level is based off of student enrollment nothing to do with level of competition. John Curtis was one of the top schools in the south even when they competed at 3A.
So you messed up your own point. You just admitted classification level has NOTHING TO DO WITH level of competition. I could care less what their "enrollment" level is. The top schools in LA, level of competition wise are in 5A for the most part. Most of those schools would beat up on a 4A Texas school. I'm sure you can find an exception, but the in general the 5A Louisiana schools are better than the 4A TX schools.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12830
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:15 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:16 am everyone in NOLA raves about Rummel, St Aug, Holy Cross, Landry etc....the classification they play in, is the same classification that Horton played in 4A....Texas highest is 6A ...Louisiana 5A... there is no National guideline for enrollment classifications, it is done on a state by state basis...Per MAXPREPS Newman has a 2A classification
Landry-Walker is 4A, all the rest of these schools are 5A, which is the top classification in LA. Horton did not play in the top Texas classification.
The classifications I quopted, were from the LHSAA website, which ended in 2022...I am sure there is an updated one for 2023-24 which has the schools now as 5A.... but at the time Horton played HS, those schools were 4A
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 8541
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Then you looked at the wrong site. I'm a Rummel alum. Rummel has been in 5A since LA first went to that classification. Here's a link to a maxpreps page where you can look at their year by year schedule, and each season shows the district. They were in District 10-5A as of 04-05, and have been District 9-5A for at least the past 10 years.

https://www.maxpreps.com/la/metairie/ar ... /schedule/
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12830
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

the LHSAA site I looked at shows Rummel 4A
https://www.lhsaa.org/siteuploads/edito ... hools).pdf
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:28 pm the LHSAA site I looked at shows Rummel 4A
https://www.lhsaa.org/siteuploads/edito ... hools).pdf
They play up.
That’s enrollment
HolyCross also. They are 4A enrollment but play up to 5A. Many others there also.
St Aug etc.
John Curtis 2A enrollment plays up to 5A. etc.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 5356
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:28 pm the LHSAA site I looked at shows Rummel 4A
https://www.lhsaa.org/siteuploads/edito ... hools).pdf
Rummel is a member of the New Orleans Catholic League (District 9-5A). https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archbis ... igh_School

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orl ... lic_League

Even though Rummel only has 648 students. https://www.usnews.com/education/k12/lo ... ool-327891
Last edited by Wave755 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 8541
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Beat me to it, Tim. That's enrollment. They play up, and always have, once their enrollment dropped. Amazing how much has changed. When I graduated in 1976, we had over 1300 kids, and no 7th and 8th grades.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:46 am Beat me to it, Tim. That's enrollment. They play up, and always have, once their enrollment dropped. Amazing how much has changed. When I graduated in 1976, we had over 1300 kids, and no 7th and 8th grades.
Exactly
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Surge
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

Don't understand LSU has 4: 4 Star Quarterbacks on their roster and they are recruiting another. Does not make sense, Only one football why go where you are mostly assured of sitting the bench. He signed with Ohio State.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Ed nails it again. Exactly what I said.
https://clarionherald.org/news/any-way- ... cheap-shot
The idea that Manning hasn’t played his best against great competition shows a true lack of understanding. Newman’s three losses in 2022 were to Division III champion St. Charles Catholic; to the team St. Charles Catholic beat in the finals, Lafayette Christian; and to Berkeley Prep in Florida, who reached the class 3A championship game.

All are stellar football programs.

If the individual who ripped Arch had done his homework, he would know that neither of Manning’s famous uncles, Peyton and Eli, won state football championships at Isidore Newman School. The uncles have four Super Bowl rings.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Surge
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:24 pm Ed nails it again. Exactly what I said.
https://clarionherald.org/news/any-way- ... cheap-shot
The idea that Manning hasn’t played his best against great competition shows a true lack of understanding. Newman’s three losses in 2022 were to Division III champion St. Charles Catholic; to the team St. Charles Catholic beat in the finals, Lafayette Christian; and to Berkeley Prep in Florida, who reached the class 3A championship game.

All are stellar football programs.

If the individual who ripped Arch had done his homework, he would know that neither of Manning’s famous uncles, Peyton and Eli, won state football championships at Isidore Newman School. The uncles have four Super Bowl rings.
Correction ED did not nail it facts don't lie. Arch has not progressed after a stellar freshman year. Most quarterbacks improve while Arch has dropped each year, this will be a critical year to see if he gets back to his freshman year. A athletes body matures with each year, evidently that has not helped Arch to improve so far, fact.
As a freshman, Manning passed for 2,438 yards and 34 touchdowns and six interceptions. He threw for 1,922 yards, 21 touchdowns and eight interceptions as a sophomore and, in seven games as a junior, passed for 1,371 yards to go with 17 touchdowns and four interceptions. His junior year saw more yards per game passing than as a sophomore, but a career-low 61.8% completion percentage. He did rush for 310 yards, the most of his career, despite playing fewer games. I know I will get blasted for this but Kai Horton threw more touchdown passes in two years than Arch has thrown in three years. 86 TDs- 81 for Arch
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12830
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:00 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:24 pm Ed nails it again. Exactly what I said.
https://clarionherald.org/news/any-way- ... cheap-shot
The idea that Manning hasn’t played his best against great competition shows a true lack of understanding. Newman’s three losses in 2022 were to Division III champion St. Charles Catholic; to the team St. Charles Catholic beat in the finals, Lafayette Christian; and to Berkeley Prep in Florida, who reached the class 3A championship game.

All are stellar football programs.

If the individual who ripped Arch had done his homework, he would know that neither of Manning’s famous uncles, Peyton and Eli, won state football championships at Isidore Newman School. The uncles have four Super Bowl rings.
Correction ED did not nail it facts don't lie. Arch has not progressed after a stellar freshman year. Most quarterbacks improve while Arch has dropped each year, this will be a critical year to see if he gets back to his freshman year. A athletes body matures with each year, evidently that has not helped Arch to improve so far, fact.
As a freshman, Manning passed for 2,438 yards and 34 touchdowns and six interceptions. He threw for 1,922 yards, 21 touchdowns and eight interceptions as a sophomore and, in seven games as a junior, passed for 1,371 yards to go with 17 touchdowns and four interceptions. His junior year saw more yards per game passing than as a sophomore, but a career-low 61.8% completion percentage. He did rush for 310 yards, the most of his career, despite playing fewer games. I know I will get blasted for this but Kai Horton threw more touchdown passes in two years than Arch has thrown in three years. 86 TDs- 81 for Arch
yeah...but, Horton did not play at the highest classification......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11256
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

gbg, it's hysterical that you keep touting a backup that was unimpressive when he took snaps in meaningful college games. You not only say he's better than the incumbent, you say he's better than the top recruited QB in the country! C'mon man, let the kid win the job at Tulane (if he ever does) then come back and tell us "I told you so" IF he ever pans out. Huge font used because it's a HUGE "if". At this point in his career, it's just as likely that he transfers down to FCS or D2 or D3 as it is that he becomes a starting QB at Tulane. Please, for your health and our sanity GIVE IT A REST.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:00 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:24 pm Ed nails it again. Exactly what I said.
https://clarionherald.org/news/any-way- ... cheap-shot
The idea that Manning hasn’t played his best against great competition shows a true lack of understanding. Newman’s three losses in 2022 were to Division III champion St. Charles Catholic; to the team St. Charles Catholic beat in the finals, Lafayette Christian; and to Berkeley Prep in Florida, who reached the class 3A championship game.

All are stellar football programs.

If the individual who ripped Arch had done his homework, he would know that neither of Manning’s famous uncles, Peyton and Eli, won state football championships at Isidore Newman School. The uncles have four Super Bowl rings.
Correction ED did not nail it facts don't lie. Arch has not progressed after a stellar freshman year. Most quarterbacks improve while Arch has dropped each year, this will be a critical year to see if he gets back to his freshman year. A athletes body matures with each year, evidently that has not helped Arch to improve so far, fact.
As a freshman, Manning passed for 2,438 yards and 34 touchdowns and six interceptions. He threw for 1,922 yards, 21 touchdowns and eight interceptions as a sophomore and, in seven games as a junior, passed for 1,371 yards to go with 17 touchdowns and four interceptions. His junior year saw more yards per game passing than as a sophomore, but a career-low 61.8% completion percentage. He did rush for 310 yards, the most of his career, despite playing fewer games. I know I will get blasted for this but Kai Horton threw more touchdown passes in two years than Arch has thrown in three years. 86 TDs- 81 for Arch
He racked up early leads and Newman sat on the ball. Stats won’t reflect that. He’s improved each season. This year he’ll make a big leap.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12830
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

The Arch is a gawd...Austin is already planning to rename the city Archville...they are pre selling tickets to watch the Arch walk across Lake Lady Bird, and fly from the Clock Tower
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Swell
Posts: 1424
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

How many 4-5 star recruits become average and 2-3 star recruits become outstanding? College careers are evolutions based on many changing variables over 4-6 years. High school careers are even more inexact. Recruiting is a gamble, and no matter how educated it assumes to be, it will never be exact.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21633
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

In game 3 of his freshman season Pratt came in and took over the starting job and led us to a Bowl game. In game 8 of his freshman year Horton came in and looked like a deer in headlights. Never started again. Enough said.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Greeniegb
Surge
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:15 am In game 3 of his freshman season Pratt came in and took over the starting job and led us to a Bowl game. In game 8 of his freshman year Horton came in and looked like a deer in headlights. Never started again. Enough said.
Enough said are you joking, lst of all the whole offense was a mess last year, Pratt's freshman season his offensive coach was Hall, big difference from Hall, Also look at the opposition Horton played against versus Pratt in his debut. You like nit picking and stretching your facts, lol New coaching staff and Horton made Pratt look sick in the Spring game. 2 touchdown passes and 3 scores to an interception and no scores for Pratt. More to come as the season progresses with the new offensive coaching staff.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21633
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Pratt went against Oklahoma and looked fine. You can stay stuck on stupid all you want Mrs. Horton but Pratt has shown himself worthy of being the starter while your son clearly needs time to develop.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 4571
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Bay Area, California
Status: Offline

I have not watched Arch play in high school nor do I care to. Quite often the son of a great ball player gets a lot hype in the recruiting wars. Name recognition definitely adds to the kid's rating. But knowing how the Mannings operate I doubt Arch will disappoint in college. At Texas, anything less than making the college playoff will be seen as a letdown with their unrealistic expectations. Arch is almost in a no win situation. Remember Peyton went 0-4 against Florida. When the time comes to move from college to the NFL the scouts will not be starstruck by a famous last name.
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 5356
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

ESPN's Tom Luginbill explains Arch Manning's fall from top spot: https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 188140002/
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21633
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

So he's still #1 from 3 of the 4 recruiting services.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
User avatar
MicMan
Swell
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

JerseyWave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:48 pm I have not watched Arch play in high school nor do I care to. Quite often the son of a great ball player gets a lot hype in the recruiting wars. Name recognition definitely adds to the kid's rating. But knowing how the Mannings operate I doubt Arch will disappoint in college. At Texas, anything less than making the college playoff will be seen as a letdown with their unrealistic expectations. Arch is almost in a no win situation. Remember Peyton went 0-4 against Florida. When the time comes to move from college to the NFL the scouts will not be starstruck by a famous last name.
Unless that last name is Tebow.
Post Reply