Arch Manning

Talk about the latest recruits here.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22848
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Handled with class
https://www.nola.com/sports/colleges/ar ... 5d244.html
In the end, Arch Manning did it his way. The Manning Way.

No news conference.

No elaborate TikTok video.

No hokey hat reveal.

Just a simple six-word tweet, issued without warning or ceremony at 11:15 a.m. Thursday: “Committed to the University of Texas.”

And with that, the greatest manhunt in college football history ended. When it came time to break up with a suitor, Arch called each coach to deliver the bad news. He did it previously with Dabo Swinney, Billy Napier and Lane Kiffin, and I assume he did so Thursday with Kirby Smart and Nick Saban.

Again, the Manning Way.

.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
MicMan
Swell
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

What, he didn't thank God and say how blessed he was to go to Texas?

He'll never get anywhere with that attitude!
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:29 am Handled with class
https://www.nola.com/sports/colleges/ar ... 5d244.html
In the end, Arch Manning did it his way. The Manning Way.

No news conference.

No elaborate TikTok video.

No hokey hat reveal.

Just a simple six-word tweet, issued without warning or ceremony at 11:15 a.m. Thursday: “Committed to the University of Texas.”

And with that, the greatest manhunt in college football history ended. When it came time to break up with a suitor, Arch called each coach to deliver the bad news. He did it previously with Dabo Swinney, Billy Napier and Lane Kiffin, and I assume he did so Thursday with Kirby Smart and Nick Saban.

Again, the Manning Way.

.
how refreshing.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21106
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

They are a class act!
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Tulane athletics died on 9-24-22!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22848
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:19 pm They are a class act!
Absolutely. I always admired Archie for remaining here in NOLA after his career was over.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Loving nawlins while keeping his loved ones away from Tulane . How considerate of Archie .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
HoustonWave
Tsunami
Posts: 5671
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 pm Loving nawlins while keeping his loved ones away from Tulane . How considerate of Archie .
No. Tulane kept the Mannings away from Tulane.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12647
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 pm Loving nawlins while keeping his loved ones away from Tulane . How considerate of Archie .
No. Tulane kept the Mannings away from Tulane.
and anotha AMEN !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22848
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:32 pm Arch Manning really a ⭐️⭐️⭐️ recruit?https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/07 ... rrell-says
The pedigree is why for sure. But I believe he’s more likely to excel with less risk. No doubt the name gave him exposure. However I’d bet he lives up to the name. His athletic ability is rated higher then Peyton and Eli. I believe he’ll be a better pro than college player. He’ll continue to evolve over time. Apparently he’s in the film room as much as Peyton was.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:43 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:32 pm Arch Manning really a ⭐️⭐️⭐️ recruit?https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/07 ... rrell-says
The pedigree is why for sure. But I believe he’s more likely to excel with less risk. No doubt the name gave him exposure. However I’d bet he lives up to the name. His athletic ability is rated higher then Peyton and Eli. I believe he’ll be a better pro than college player. He’ll continue to evolve over time. Apparently he’s in the film room as much as Peyton was.
"TOTALLY AGREE"
I I said it from day one the same argument you guys gave about Horton the competition was not at the highest level except he won two state championships none for Arch. And in the playoffs Arch's performance was not that great. I gave the same argument take away the Manning name and he would not have been put on a "Pedestal"!!!

But Manning struggled in a 49–7 playoff loss against powerhouse Lafayette Christian Academy, completing 7-of-16 passes for 44 yards with an interception. He did manage a rushing touchdown.

He plays a very low level of competition,” Farrell said. “He hasn’t progressed. He had a really good freshman season. I wouldn’t say regression, but he hasn’t progressed. And when he has had to step up against other competition—especially in the playoff game, where he looked awful—it just hasn’t translated.”
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22848
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:44 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:43 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:32 pm Arch Manning really a ⭐️⭐️⭐️ recruit?https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/07 ... rrell-says
The pedigree is why for sure. But I believe he’s more likely to excel with less risk. No doubt the name gave him exposure. However I’d bet he lives up to the name. His athletic ability is rated higher then Peyton and Eli. I believe he’ll be a better pro than college player. He’ll continue to evolve over time. Apparently he’s in the film room as much as Peyton was.
"TOTALLY AGREE"
I I said it from day one the same argument you guys gave about Horton the competition was not at the highest level except he won two state championships none for Arch. And in the playoffs Arch's performance was not that great. I gave the same argument take away the Manning name and he would not have been put on a "Pedestal"!!!

But Manning struggled in a 49–7 playoff loss against powerhouse Lafayette Christian Academy, completing 7-of-16 passes for 44 yards with an interception. He did manage a rushing touchdown.

He plays a very low level of competition,” Farrell said. “He hasn’t progressed. He had a really good freshman season. I wouldn’t say regression, but he hasn’t progressed. And when he has had to step up against other competition—especially in the playoff game, where he looked awful—it just hasn’t translated.”
Eli and Peyton both had the same struggles in HS in the playoff round neither won a State Championship or for that matter a National Championship. Apparently the writer fails to realize that the better team usually wins those games (funny how both Peyton and Eli went on to win SuperBowls in the NFL though) . Arch still has his SR Year this coming fall perhaps he can overcome the lack of a HS title. LCA is loaded with talent. Newman had only Manning and Randall as D1 talent whereas LCA had many more. Peyton and Eli always had bad games against St Charles Catholic. I’d imagine after a red shirt year Arch behind a solid UT line will play like a 5 star recruit.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:28 am
Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:44 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:43 pm
The pedigree is why for sure. But I believe he’s more likely to excel with less risk. No doubt the name gave him exposure. However I’d bet he lives up to the name. His athletic ability is rated higher then Peyton and Eli. I believe he’ll be a better pro than college player. He’ll continue to evolve over time. Apparently he’s in the film room as much as Peyton was.
"TOTALLY AGREE"
I I said it from day one the same argument you guys gave about Horton the competition was not at the highest level except he won two state championships none for Arch. And in the playoffs Arch's performance was not that great. I gave the same argument take away the Manning name and he would not have been put on a "Pedestal"!!!

But Manning struggled in a 49–7 playoff loss against powerhouse Lafayette Christian Academy, completing 7-of-16 passes for 44 yards with an interception. He did manage a rushing touchdown.

He plays a very low level of competition,” Farrell said. “He hasn’t progressed. He had a really good freshman season. I wouldn’t say regression, but he hasn’t progressed. And when he has had to step up against other competition—especially in the playoff game, where he looked awful—it just hasn’t translated.”
Eli and Peyton both had the same struggles in HS in the playoff round neither won a State Championship or for that matter a National Championship. Apparently the writer fails to realize that the better team usually wins those games (funny how both Peyton and Eli went on to win SuperBowls in the NFL though) . Arch still has his SR Year this coming fall perhaps he can overcome the lack of a HS title. LCA is loaded with talent. Newman had only Manning and Randall as D1 talent whereas LCA had many more. Peyton and Eli always had bad games against St Charles Catholic. I’d imagine after a red shirt year Arch behind a solid UT line will play like a 5 star recruit.
Time will tell, funny Saban backed off of Arch and went after another Quarterback, Saban loses very few battles!!!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22848
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:43 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:28 am
Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:44 am
"TOTALLY AGREE"
I I said it from day one the same argument you guys gave about Horton the competition was not at the highest level except he won two state championships none for Arch. And in the playoffs Arch's performance was not that great. I gave the same argument take away the Manning name and he would not have been put on a "Pedestal"!!!

But Manning struggled in a 49–7 playoff loss against powerhouse Lafayette Christian Academy, completing 7-of-16 passes for 44 yards with an interception. He did manage a rushing touchdown.

He plays a very low level of competition,” Farrell said. “He hasn’t progressed. He had a really good freshman season. I wouldn’t say regression, but he hasn’t progressed. And when he has had to step up against other competition—especially in the playoff game, where he looked awful—it just hasn’t translated.”
Eli and Peyton both had the same struggles in HS in the playoff round neither won a State Championship or for that matter a National Championship. Apparently the writer fails to realize that the better team usually wins those games (funny how both Peyton and Eli went on to win SuperBowls in the NFL though) . Arch still has his SR Year this coming fall perhaps he can overcome the lack of a HS title. LCA is loaded with talent. Newman had only Manning and Randall as D1 talent whereas LCA had many more. Peyton and Eli always had bad games against St Charles Catholic. I’d imagine after a red shirt year Arch behind a solid UT line will play like a 5 star recruit.
Time will tell, funny Saban backed off of Arch and went after another Quarterback, Saban loses very few battles!!!
Saban read the tea leaves. Bama was 3rd in the running behind Texas and Georgia.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

ESPN drops Arch Manning from top spot. https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 147201002/
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

Wave755 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:38 pm ESPN drops Arch Manning from top spot. https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 147201002/
Level of competition and failure to show up in the big games, playoffs etc. That should not surprise anyone, change his name an he may be lower, failure to progress was a negative also.
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Wave755 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:38 pm ESPN drops Arch Manning from top spot. https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/spo ... 147201002/
And the writer of that article is the LSU beat writer for that Lafayette paper. Food for thought.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11106
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

And if he came to Tulane, Kai Horton would be in the transfer portal in a heartbeat.

gbg, can we go a month without you tying every thread back to Kai Horton? Please, give it a rest until he takes the field in a game that means something and does something positive. HS means nothing now that the kid has been out for a couple of years. He looked pathetic against Cinci when he got a start. Looked like a walk-on that didn't play QB in HS. Until we see him in a meaningful game, that's what he is at this level. 3rd string for a reason. Please, try to control yourself because NOBODY wants to see Kai fail, but you are so freaking over the top about him that I, for one, wish he transferred just to get you to STFU about him. Here are Kai's career stats, and remember HS means NOTHING at this point in his career.

Kai Horton Career Passing Statistics
Season GP CMP ATT INT YDS TD Long % AVG/P AVG/G
2021 4 7 18 3 79 0 17 .39 4.4 19.8
Total 4 7 18 3 79 0 17 .39 4.4 19.8
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22848
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

The writer fails to recognize “family stock”.
Look at the #1 pick in the recent MLB draft. His dad is a MLB star. This happens quite often in sports. Kobe Bryant’s dad Joe Bryant was a solid NBA player. The fact that the Manning family stock has produced 3 NFL QB’s has to be a factor. Of course if he was Arch Smith he wouldn’t have the recognition. It’s like saying if he wasn’t 6’5” he wouldn’t be a top pick either. The writer is actually using the Manning name to get clicks. If it were Arch Smith his story wouldn’t get very many clicks.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:04 am And if he came to Tulane, Kai Horton would be in the transfer portal in a heartbeat.

gbg, can we go a month without you tying every thread back to Kai Horton? Please, give it a rest until he takes the field in a game that means something and does something positive. HS means nothing now that the kid has been out for a couple of years. He looked pathetic against Cinci when he got a start. Looked like a walk-on that didn't play QB in HS. Until we see him in a meaningful game, that's what he is at this level. 3rd string for a reason. Please, try to control yourself because NOBODY wants to see Kai fail, but you are so freaking over the top about him that I, for one, wish he transferred just to get you to STFU about him. Here are Kai's career stats, and remember HS means NOTHING at this point in his career.

Kai Horton Career Passing Statistics
Season GP CMP ATT INT YDS TD Long % AVG/P AVG/G
2021 4 7 18 3 79 0 17 .39 4.4 19.8
Total 4 7 18 3 79 0 17 .39 4.4 19.8
I am only holding you guys to your words, from the very beginning everything was negative about Kai, oh he only competed in 4A not at the highest level of Texas High Schools. It was during the peak of covid, so Kai was under radar going from basketball to only two years of high school football. No one recruited him, just like Pratt only got recruited by IVy league. Similar situation in that Pratt did not gain attention until he changed school. Well Kai switching sports was very similar to Pratt changing schools, but you guys didn't give Kai the benefit of the doubt. Even as both Rivals and 247 Sports listing Kai as one of the most underrated Quarterbacks in the South. 247 Sports had Kai as the 27th best Pro QB in the country but you guys ignored that. He had more recognition than Pratt but they both had reasons that made them under radar recruits. My reaction was to give this guy the equal chance you have given Pratt, was not that I was anti Pratt but I saw similar situations that both were under recruited but so many would not give Kai a break down playing him the whole way. I know his school had a strong record but to go from basketball to only two years of high school quarterbacking and winning two state championships, just be fair that is all I ever asked for!!!
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

You started this whole dumb shit back in Aug 2021 when you said Horton was ahead of Pratt. He wasn't even ahead of Ibieta. Then came the persistent high school stats, what division he played in and championships he won. With the underlining, bold italics and cut and pasting the same mantra over and over. If he is that good, he will be the starter, if not please let it go.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

Pepper wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:33 pm You started this whole dumb shit back in Aug 2021 when you said Horton was ahead of Pratt. He wasn't even ahead of Ibieta. Then came the persistent high school stats, what division he played in and championships he won. With the underlining, bold italics and cut and pasting the same mantra over and over. If he is that good, he will be the starter, if not please let it go.
I am not going back but the minute Kai and his buddy Courtney Mason signed. you guys started, low level of competition, why did no one recruit Horton or Mason. But I lived through it Pratt was a savior before he signed on the dotted line, just because he changed schools, no championship nothing. Not one word was said about his only offers were from Ivy league schools. In my mind I said really give Horton the chance you guys gave Pratt with similar arguments why both were not highly recruited, one changed schools and one changed sports, so they both had legitimate excuses why they were over looked. But Kai, was not overlooked by the recruiting services, I did not see outside of Tulane giving Pratt such aknowledgement. I wish both of them along with Ibieta to be future NFL caliber quarterbacks. Now I do believe coaching was the reason all the quarterbacks got beat up last year. We didn't have a ligit quarterback coach and the offensive schemes and playcalling left the quarterbacks vulnerable. It did not give the line a chance. The best team does not always win, the better coached team will win most of the time. They are many ways to negate a pass rush and use it to beat teams. Thats why screens are so important to slow a pass rush, use of the tight end over the middle freezes linebackers taking them out of the rush. Swing passes to the backs keep the defensive line honest. To win we must negate the strengths of opposing teams through play calling. The 1998 team was so good because of play calling and wide open offense. It would pass when you expect run and then run Converse or King when you expect pass. We should have that capability this year if the new coaching staff is as good as expected. Roll Wave, I believe if I am right the offensive line failures will be gone because of coaching, confusion wins games.. Predictability wins only if you have much superior athletes, we don't so coaching plays a bigger role.
Wave755
Tsunami
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

ESPN explains why it no longer considers Arch Manning the nation's No. 1 football prospect: https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 8.amp.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12647
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

everyone in NOLA raves about Rummel, St Aug, Holy Cross, Landry etc....the classification they play in, is the same classification that Horton played in 4A....Texas highest is 6A ...Louisiana 5A... there is no National guideline for enrollment classifications, it is done on a state by state basis...Per MAXPREPS Newman has a 2A classification
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:16 am everyone in NOLA raves about Rummel, St Aug, Holy Cross, Landry etc....the classification they play in, is the same classification that Horton played in 4A....Texas highest is 6A ...Louisiana 5A... there is no National guideline for enrollment classifications, it is done on a state by state basis...Per MAXPREPS Newman has a 2A classification

Agree!!!
Post Reply