Kai Horton

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

Replacement for Billy Wiles offered by Willie. (Looks like Pratt)
KAI HORTON, QUARTERBACK
Kai Horton After a great talk with Coach Fritz, I’m blessed to receive an offer from Tulane University!! #21detheWave
@CoachWEFritz
@wesley_fritz

2021 QB Kai Horton (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)
It's my opinion that one of the most under-recruited players in the state of Texas is Carthage High School three-star quarterback Kai Horton, a 6-foot-4, 215-pound prospect with a stellar 2019 season under his belt. In his first season as a starter, Horton led Carthage to a 16-0 record and the Texas Class 4A Division I state championship, Carthage's seven state title in the past 13 seasons. Horton racked up huge numbers as he threw for 3,741 yards, 49 touchdowns, and only six interceptions. Shockingly, SFA is his only Division I offer to date, though he has gotten interest from schools such as Houston, Louisiana Tech, and North Texas, among others. Horton, who also plays basketball for Carthage, is a strong three-star on the 247Sports rankings, which put him 20th nationally among 2021 pro-style quarterbacks.
https://247sports.com/Video/Kai-Horton- ... s-9673408/

Rivals: THE OVERLOOKED: Kai Horton
6'4" | 215 LBS | PRO QB | 2021
CARTHAGE
CARTHAGE, TX
Horton was the subject of our overlooked quarterbacks back in the spring and that theme has continued into the fall, where yet against the senior passer is putting up impressive numbers on one of Texas' best high school teams.

Through four games so far, Horton has thrown for 996 yards with 10 touchdowns compared to one interception. He's completed 72 percent of his attempts with 98 yards rushing, all while leading East Texas powerhouse Carthage to a perfect 4-0 mark. Most of Horton's action have come in the first halves of games after jumping out to fast starts on offense.

Dave breslin
Swell

When is signing day? I know it’s not the old way and things have changed. Just wondering when we can make those “commitments “ real🌊🏈
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Early signing day is Wednesday (!!!))

Kai does have a 247 ranking of a high 3 star (86) but doesn’t posses a composite rating. It is bizarre he doesn’t have more offers. His stats are gaudy and the local papers do say he is the most overlooked QB in the state for the last two years.
Jaxwave
Swell

This kid looks really good throwing the football with great fundamentals. I would feel very comfortable going into next year with him as redshirt third string behind Pratt and Ibieta.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Carthage / Panola County news dated 12/9/20... Tai has thrown for 2,479 yards, 27TD's and only two INT's..Carthage is just north of Lufkin, Tx, home to SFA....... WF still has connections in the area
https://www.panolawatchman.com/sports/c ... a0ba6.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

FWIW, his Twitter page only indicates he's received a Tulane offer...not that he's made a commitment.

HoustonWave
Tsunami

A great example of how talent, in the East Texas piney woods, is often overlooked. UH's legendary coach Bill Yeoman made a career out of mining East Texas talent that nobody else had an interest in.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Forever TU
Surge

Looks like Kai’s backfield mate Mason Courtney is going to sign at the same time. Potential package deal? 👀👀

RobertM320
Green Wave

Just looked him up on 247. No ratings at all, and not a single team listed as far as being interested in him, or him being interested in any team. He's only 5'9" 185 for a RB.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I may be mistaken, but if Horton signs, he will be the second QB from Carthage to come to Tulane...David East in the 60's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:09 pm Just looked him up on 247. No ratings at all, and not a single team listed as far as being interested in him, or him being interested in any team. He's only 5'9" 185 for a RB.
MASON COURTNEY's Football Stats (After the state game I will be signing with my brother kai!!!)[/b]
CareerVar 19-20Var 18-19
Career Stats
MASON has played on 2 football teams covered by MaxPreps. The accumulated varsity totals are in the last row of each table.
Total Rushing Yards: 1726
Average Rushing Yards: 7.2
Carries: 241
Rushing Yards Per Game: 78.5
Rushing TDs: 19
Total TDs: 21
gbgreenie
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:51 am
RobertM320 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:09 pm Just looked him up on 247. No ratings at all, and not a single team listed as far as being interested in him, or him being interested in any team. He's only 5'9" 185 for a RB.
MASON COURTNEY's Football Stats (After the state game I will be signing with my brother kai!!!)[/b]
CareerVar 19-20Var 18-19
Career Stats
MASON has played on 2 football teams covered by MaxPreps. The accumulated varsity totals are in the last row of each table.
Total Rushing Yards: 1726
Average Rushing Yards: 7.2
Carries: 241
Rushing Yards Per Game: 78.5
Rushing TDs: 19
Total TDs: 21
RB Mason Courtney – The 5-foot-11, 195-pound Courtney is the definition of “all-purpose.” Look no further than his performance last week against Wimberley when he had over 120 rushing yards, 83 receiving yards and two touchdowns. He’ll also put his body in harm’s way in pass protection.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Where did they sign ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

They said they’ll sign (presumably with Tulane) immediately following their Texas 4A Championship Game, which kicks off today at Noon CT. It can be viewed on Fox Sports Southwest. If Carthage wins, its two state championships in a row—not bad for Messrs Horton and Courtney.
Pepper
Swell

Looking at video, his receivers do not look bad either.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Jaxwave
Swell

Courtney a replacement for Amare perhaps. All around back and returner.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:57 am Looking at video, his receivers do not look bad either.
There is probably a lot of talent at Carthage. They have been a Texas 3A and 4A power for years.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Game is on TV now: Uverse Ch 1755 (Fox Sports SW)

Game is tied at 14 early in the 2nd qtr.

Horton is a tall guy and is showing some arm strength...throws a pass that was over 60 yards in the air. He also executed a tricky QB punt on a 4th and 14 when the offense had lined up in a regular passing set.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Horton et al explode--Carthage 42 Gilmer 14 in the 2Q!! Gilmer is 16-1 going into the game, their only loss? to Carthage in week 5 of the season. Both Horton and Courtney scored TD's in the 1H. Carthage currently has the longest win streak in Texas high school football, at 29 games. Looks like they're about to make it 30. Hopefully Fritz can really tap into this very talented program.
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:45 pm Horton et al explode--Carthage 42 Gilmer 14 in the 2Q!! Gilmer is 16-1 going into the game, their only loss? to Carthage in week 5 of the season. Both Horton and Courtney scored TD's in the 1H. Carthage currently has the longest win streak in Texas high school football, at 29 games. Looks like they're about to make it 30. Hopefully Fritz can really tap into this very talented program.
KAI HORTON, QUARTERBACK
Kai Horton After a great talk with Coach Fritz, I’m blessed to receive an offer from Tulane University!! #21detheWave
@CoachWEFritz
@wesley_fritz

Carthage 2021 QB Kai Horton's career numbers coming into his second consecutive #UILState game:
410-646-8, 6,427 yards, 80 TDs
Jaxwave
Swell

Future NE Patriot RB or slot receiver (less tanned.)
Jaxwave
Swell

Kid has some shiftiness and good vision. Also can catch the ball out of backfield. Sounds like he is another Reggie Reginelli!
Jaxwave
Swell

Courtney blowing up with three TD runs the ladt one from 69 yards. Carthage up 56-14.
Jaxwave
Swell

Worried we may lose both of these guys with their performances today.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Carthage now up 63-14, end of 3Q. 63 unanswered points. Courtney sounds like a young version of Christian McCaffery. Carthage OL dominating, as is their D. One of their DBs has 4 interceptions, including 2 pick 6, in this championship game!!