FTW Newsletter: Tulane tries to start 2-0 for the first time since 2002

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
fearthewaveblog
Ripple

TULANE PREPARES FOR THE NAUTICAL SHOWDOWN

Here is your Navy @ Tulane Preview:

1. Tulane could start 2-0 for the 1st time since 2002
2. Navy was won 4 of the last 5 Trident Trophies in mostly nailbiter fashion
3. Navy could equalize the 12-11-1 series

We have team analysis, predictions, and more in the newsletter this week:

https://fearthewave.substack.com/p/tula ... l-showdown

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Good stuff. Slightly overlooked are the stats for # of dropped balls and their significance (I believe fritz said 5, with 2-3 of those would have led to first downs).

Man I hope Myers can bounce back, and just had rust from the first game against an Excellent WR core. He had to get switched off their WR 1.

Great content and newsletter as always.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Also overlooked the fact that we went a combined 2 of 14 on 3rd and 4th down, including an incredibly bad 1 of 11 on 3rd down. I was shocked when I saw that, right there in the box score (go to the team stats tab and scroll down).

https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/foot ... core/15850
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
TXWave88
Surge

Yes, we were terrible on 3rd downs. Most of them were due to 3rd and long because of the inefficient passing game. We did have several drops though for first downs. Not all were great throws, but way too many drops. If we would have committed to the run more in the first half, I think the outcome would have been better and some of these sour stats would not be so glaring. But we didn't, still got the victory, got past game 1, got past first road game, we are in a much better spot.

Playing at home for us is great because we practice everyday in our stadium. That is not the norm. It should be part of a homefield advantage. We have gone 9-3 (4-2 in 2018, 5-1 2019) the last 2 years at home. Let's add to the home wins tomorrow.
fearthewaveblog
Ripple

Also for your preview, we've released our podcast for this week: