FTW Newsletter: First ABC Game Since 1980, Preseason Media Poll, What to Watch

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
fearthewaveblog
Ripple

The FTW Newsletter is out:

- This will be the biggest Tulane/Navy game ever (for the "Trident Trophy"). Tulane returns to ABC for 1st time in 40 years

- Our AAC Preseason Poll Thoughts

- Watch Guide for South Alabama @ Southern Miss on Thursday

Read below or subscribe for future FTW posts

https://fearthewave.substack.com/p/tula ... game-in-40

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

With gainwell out and Memphis breaking in a new coach, with UCF having 10 players opt out, with Malcolm Perry graduating from Navy and with Tulane missing Cinci on the schedule- the path to the conference championship game is becoming clear.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:11 pm With gainwell out and Memphis breaking in a new coach, with UCF having 10 players opt out, with Malcolm Perry graduating from Navy and with Tulane missing Cinci on the schedule- the path to the conference championship game is becoming clear.
It's a shame we do not have a proven , seasoned QB .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
MicMan
Swell

Tulane led every game at halftime in 1980.
oliveandblue
Surge

If we didn't have Howard, I would say that this is a gem of a season to play a freshman for free and find out what you have at that position.

The defense is mid-level AAC standard, and the running game is one of the best in the conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:22 pm If we didn't have Howard, I would say that this is a gem of a season to play a freshman for free and find out what you have at that position.

The defense is mid-level AAC standard, and the running game is one of the best in the conference.
I think the defense could surprise. Many are saying the D-line is among the deepest and most talented in the conference. The secondary has been beefed up by transfers. Nobody wants to give up on this season, and we now have Howard for this season and next.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:12 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:22 pm If we didn't have Howard, I would say that this is a gem of a season to play a freshman for free and find out what you have at that position.

I think the defense could surprise. Many are saying the D-line is among the deepest and most talented in the conference. The secondary has been beefed up by transfers. Nobody wants to give up on this season, and we now have Howard for this season and next.
+1 we have an above average D. DL has the chance (again) to be game dominating and all units behind them are solid & experiance with opportunities for players to make a jump.

Howard is the wildcard. We don’t know if he’s above average, average or below average. Reports have been good. Who knows maybe Pratt gets a shot sometime later this season. We don’t need much from the QB position to be a very good team. I believe many of us are on record- give us average QB play and we will make the jump. Our RBs are top 3 in conferences, our OL MIGHT finally be making the jump.

I think this is the year . . . (Love this green juice)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Our defense better be a lot better than that with all the talent it has especially on the line. Another disappointing season for the D and Curtis needs to be gone. i hope that doesn't happen.

As for QB we need to be glad we have Howard. It would be a shame to waste a potential break through season on a true freshman QB. If Howard doesn't live up to expectations then hopefully the freshman chosen won't play like a freshman.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.