2020 Volleyball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 am

This might be our best sport.

Schedule recently released. Coach Barnes calls it the toughest OOC schedule to prepare for an AAC championship. I'll let our local VB expert comment on the schedule and our outlook for this season.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2020/6 ... edule.aspx


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
localvb
High Tide
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Nice to see a 2020 VB thread started. Good job CT.
Also great to see a schedule has been released. Really hope the season plays out.

This schedule is really tough!
Not just because of the big names: USC, LSU, Alabama, Indiana, Texas Tech, Miss St, But also because of teams like SFA who had over 30 wins last year, Long Beach St is scary and the Univ of New Mexico.

Some GREAT HOME MATCHES!
Wish I could be there to see them!! SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 schools coming to Devlin!

Will be interesting to see where the AAC picks Tulane in the Pre-season poll. I think Tulane is 2nd best team next to UCF. But SMU, Houston and Cinci will be very good.

Not sure how many total wins Tulane gets but this schedule will surely give them a chance at an NCAA bid.
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:53 pm

Awesome to hear, please keep us in the loop !
localvb
High Tide
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:38 pm

Too bad this has ruined the VB schedule. The P5’s have all gone to conference only. So that’s LSU opener out. USC, Alabama, Michigan State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Miss State all out.
I suspect the AAC will follow suit and play conference only as well. Hope they play a full conference schedule. This team can win it all.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:52 am

localvb wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:38 pm
Too bad this has ruined the VB schedule. The P5’s have all gone to conference only. So that’s LSU opener out. USC, Alabama, Michigan State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Miss State all out.
I suspect the AAC will follow suit and play conference only as well. Hope they play a full conference schedule. This team can win it all.
localvb, do you think they'll ban the frequent on court huddles? What, if any, affect will that have in how the game is played?
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10341
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:28 am

why not move Volleyball to the "spring"......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:28 am
why not move Volleyball to the "spring"......
IF the NCAA says they're cancelling the fall sports championships, or moving them to the spring, then that will happen. It's meaningless in FBS football, because there's no NCAA involvement in the 4 team playoff that crowns a mythical champion.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
localvb
High Tide
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm

I’ve read on social media from Coach Barnes that they have been practicing 5 days a week for the last 5-6 weeks and they have had 0 positive test.
So I don’t think it will change the game at all.
As long as you can test you can stay ahead of any infections. Even when athletes do test positive it has been almost all asymptomatic and quick recovery’s.
Hopefully the NCAA allows them to play.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:52 am

localvb wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm
I’ve read on social media from Coach Barnes that they have been practicing 5 days a week for the last 5-6 weeks and they have had 0 positive test.
So I don’t think it will change the game at all.
As long as you can test you can stay ahead of any infections. Even when athletes do test positive it has been almost all asymptomatic and quick recovery’s.
Hopefully the NCAA allows them to play.
Thanks localvb.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Post Reply