YOGWF Message Board

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Show Me wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:06 pm Site back up for now.
Its up but you cant reply. I guess they're still sorting things out.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wavetrader wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:32 am and a few of them are insufferable (Wavedom / Wavedum),
He's their version of winwave. The replies and attitude are so similar that I wouldn't be shocked if someone told me they're the same person.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:12 pm
Wavetrader wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:32 am and a few of them are insufferable (Wavedom / Wavedum),
He's their version of winwave. The replies and attitude are so similar that I wouldn't be shocked if someone told me they're the same person.
Absolutely.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

It's Alive !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 am It's Alive !!!!
Some good info and posts, too. The thread about today's basketball game has a good scouting report of Nevada.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:46 am
Some good info and posts, too. The thread about today's basketball game has a good scouting report of Nevada.
Have to admit, they do at times have some good inside info. I have been banned from their site for several years....live on yogwf !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:11 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:46 am
Have to admit, they do at times have some good inside info. I have been banned from their site for several years....live on yogwf !
Me too!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
arkhou02
High Tide

Has the YOGWF message board been eliminated?
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:55 pm Has the YOGWF message board been eliminated?
Doubt it. They're just down, again. They've been having ongoing server/hosting issues for a while now, and they're too stubborn to accept help.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
dpm wave
Swell

gee, I just feel awful for them. bless their hearts

arkhou02
High Tide

Looks like it may be down for good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Any rush of new Gotulas?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm Looks like it may be down for good.
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:07 am Any rush of new Gotulas?
Traffic definitely went up :D
Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am
Check your PM's.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It’s up for now. Who knows going forward
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Back down.

YOGWF, if you are reading this, hit me up.
Roll Wave!
Wave755
Tsunami

Still down as of this morning. :confused:
RobertM320
Green Wave

I pulled these off the thread on YOGWF dealing with the outages. These three were from Friday, Saturday and Monday. Seems like a multitude of issues.
Last weekend it was intermittent "500 bad gateway" errors. Then people started losing access on cellphone, but tablet and PC still worked. Then those gradually started not working. This morning everything went to "502 bad gateway" (rather than 500). Mid-morning there was an Ubuntu/Apache message that gave me the impression it was being worked on. And now we're back.
My problems started a week ago when I got a message I was permanently banned. Emailed the administrator and got access to the board immediately.

The next day when trying to get access, the board was completely blank. That continued for six days. Couldn’t login via phone or laptop. Finally l, I logged in Friday and the board was accessible. Yesterday evening I again got the permanently banned message. I wrote the administrator and got immediate access again. Same thing occurred this morning.

In addition, about 80% of the time I get rerouted to logging back in when either creating a post or responding to a post. This occurs even if I check the remember me box. I copy everything I write now so I don’t lose what I have written.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?
I was having ("500 error") problems today, which is supposed to be an indication that the problem is on the server side. I communicated with the Tech, who said that things looked fine on his end.
In a rare moment of inspiration, I decided to try different browsers. All my alternate browsers were able to log in just fine, except for "Brave." So I went to the Brave security settings and created an exception for YOGWF, and now it is working as well.
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:53 pm I pulled these off the thread on YOGWF dealing with the outages. These three were from Friday, Saturday and Monday. Seems like a multitude of issues.
Last weekend it was intermittent "500 bad gateway" errors. Then people started losing access on cellphone, but tablet and PC still worked. Then those gradually started not working. This morning everything went to "502 bad gateway" (rather than 500). Mid-morning there was an Ubuntu/Apache message that gave me the impression it was being worked on. And now we're back.
My problems started a week ago when I got a message I was permanently banned. Emailed the administrator and got access to the board immediately.

The next day when trying to get access, the board was completely blank. That continued for six days. Couldn’t login via phone or laptop. Finally l, I logged in Friday and the board was accessible. Yesterday evening I again got the permanently banned message. I wrote the administrator and got immediate access again. Same thing occurred this morning.

In addition, about 80% of the time I get rerouted to logging back in when either creating a post or responding to a post. This occurs even if I check the remember me box. I copy everything I write now so I don’t lose what I have written.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?
I was having ("500 error") problems today, which is supposed to be an indication that the problem is on the server side. I communicated with the Tech, who said that things looked fine on his end.
In a rare moment of inspiration, I decided to try different browsers. All my alternate browsers were able to log in just fine, except for "Brave." So I went to the Brave security settings and created an exception for YOGWF, and now it is working as well.
Wouldn’t that be something if everyone is banned now because of a hacker.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

https://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=58598

I can't believe I'm posting this, but here goes.

I would 100% agree to host and maintain their site and data free of charge, if they allowed me to run ads to offset the cost.

We face(d) the same exact issues as them with DoS (denial of service) attacks very recently, etc. In fact, we still do. Currently, we receive about 5,000+ pings daily from servers in India, attempting to take us down. During high peaks, that number can increase tenfold and be spread out across many countries.

There are ways to mitigate and control the attacks so that the site remains up and usable, even during the attack. You just have to have the right tools to address the attack, and know the best way to handle and mitigate it while keeping the site usable. There's ultimately no way to prevent them from happening.

So that's my offer. It would still be a separate site, separate database, separate users, etc. just like things are now. In exchange, ads and much, much better up time and user experience.

- Stephen
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Steve- we all greatly appreciate your technological expertise and all your efforts to keep this site up and running at all times. Thank you!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
arkhou02
High Tide

Steve, why so many attacks? Is there nothing to block them? Is it only from India? Just crazy.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:33 pm Steve- we all greatly appreciate your technological expertise and all your efforts to keep this site up and running at all times. Thank you!
Appreciate the kind words.
Roll Wave!