Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NotJtS wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm Image
The change has everything to do with the severe police shortage and nothing to do with omicron. The department is down over 500 officers.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

Mississippi's state health officer:

-- COVID-related ER visits increasing rapidly

-- "This wave will be different -- most monoclonal treatments ineffective versus Omicron"
Greeniegb
Swell

MicMan wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:04 pm Mississippi's state health officer:

-- COVID-related ER visits increasing rapidly

-- "This wave will be different -- most monoclonal treatments ineffective versus Omicron"
As the virus mutants it seeks and takes advantage of weaknesses in our defense. Main weakness is the unvaccinated allowing it to spread and mutate. God help us what the next mutation looks like.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane postpones Spring Semester.
Hopefully it’s only one week

https://wdsu.com/article/tulane-postpon ... e/38604763
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

All for show
RobertM320
Green Wave

As we've been saying for TWO years.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
MicMan
Swell

I always go to newsbusterz.org for the REAL NEWS.

LOLOLOLOLOL
RobertM320
Green Wave

MicMan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 pm I always go to newsbusterz.org for the REAL NEWS.

LOLOLOLOLOL
Be a moron. I wasn't talking about the article. I didn't even read it myself. I'm talking about the VIDEO, which is CNN, one of your favorite sources. And the CDC acknowledging that 40% of the people who are admitted to the hospital as "Covid patients" didn't actually come to the hospital BECAUSE OF Covid issues. Which means the true amount of people being hospitalized "from Covid" is about half what they've told for two years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 pm
MicMan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 pm I always go to newsbusterz.org for the REAL NEWS.

LOLOLOLOLOL
Be a moron. I wasn't talking about the article. I didn't even read it myself. I'm talking about the VIDEO, which is CNN, one of your favorite sources. And the CDC acknowledging that 40% of the people who are admitted to the hospital as "Covid patients" didn't actually come to the hospital BECAUSE OF Covid issues. Which means the true amount of people being hospitalized "from Covid" is about half what they've told for two years.
Robert you are correct. So correct in fact even Joe Biden and the Democrats now in charge agree so they want to change that. Amazing it was fine when Trump was in charge but now that it makes them look bad they even plan on changing the way Covid deaths are recorded.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/10 ... rs-n504227
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

give me a C...give me a O...give me a W...give me an E...give me an N
what's it spell
COWEN, the virus that does not go away, and the virus we should be taking about, and trying to eradicate
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:27 am give me a C...give me a O...give me a W...give me an E...give me an N
what's it spell
COWEN, the virus that does not go away, and the virus we should be taking about, and trying to eradicate
The COWEN virus is definitely a mutant, that does a great deal of damage.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:10 pm All for show
Ooohh the hypocrisy!! Is there no end to it? We have become a society in full bulls#it mode.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:54 am
Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:10 pm All for show
Ooohh the hypocrisy!! Is there no end to it? We have become a society in full bulls#it mode.
she was using his beard and stocking cap as an Air Filter...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Mask mandates back for NOLA starting Wednesday
😷😷😷😷
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:41 pm Mask mandates back for NOLA starting Wednesday
😷😷😷😷
Will be interesting to see how much less compliance there is this time than last time. There will be no mask mandate in my office. What a customer chooses to do behind that locked door is no concern of the mayors or the city.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Yup. No mask for me. I'm vaxed and caught COVID over Christmas. I'm good and over this. ✌🏻
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’ve been vaxx’d no booster. Never mask never caught any version of Covid. Take a lot of vitamins and go to the gym 6 days a week though.
Just about everyone I come in contact with caught it.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:42 pm Yup. No mask for me. I'm vaxed and caught COVID over Christmas. I'm good and over this. ✌🏻
What do u accomplish with this statement?
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:38 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:42 pm Yup. No mask for me. I'm vaxed and caught COVID over Christmas. I'm good and over this. ✌🏻
More than getting a vaccine and masking up and playing by the rules for the last 2 years ever did. It’s time to live with this and move on. I’m done, because the mandates and scare tactics clearly haven’t worked. Enjoy your mask, I’ll enjoy life and my freedoms to choose. ✌🏻
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:14 pm
More than getting a vaccine and masking up and playing by the rules for the last 2 years ever did. It’s time to live with this and move on. I’m done, because the mandates and scare tactics clearly haven’t worked. Enjoy your mask, I’ll enjoy life and my freedoms to choose. ✌🏻
AMEN... I am vaxxed & have had the booster, take my vitamins and my shot of pure lemon juice daily...no damn mask for me...
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:42 am

AMEN... I am vaxxed & have had the booster, take my vitamins and my shot of pure lemon juice daily...no damn mask for me...
There is no such thing in America called freedom to choose, does not exist if your choice can kill or infringe on the freedoms of someone else. You can't choose to speed its illegal because of possible harm to others. You can't smoke in non smoking businesses or areas. Many more cases where freedoms for all overrides the freedom of one. Supreme Court has rule that is the law of the land over and over!!!
Greeniegb
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:59 am
There is no such thing in America called freedom to choose, does not exist if your choice can kill or infringe on the freedoms of someone else. You can't choose to speed its illegal because of possible harm to others. You can't smoke in non smoking businesses or areas. Many more cases where freedoms for all overrides the freedom of one. Supreme Court has rule that is the law of the land over and over!!!
What is the difference in blowing smoke for others to breath or blowing a deadly virus that can infect others??? No difference!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 am
Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:59 am
What is the difference in blowing smoke for others to breath or blowing a deadly virus that can infect others??? No difference!!!
If the others haven’t gotten vaxxed, that’s their problem. Schools don’t make kids and staff wear masks because a few might not be vaxxed against measles or whooping cough. We’re way past the point where mandates are needed. If someone doesn’t get vaxxed. they run the risk. Time to resume normal lives—the usual two year life of a pandemic is about up for this one.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What does the lemon juice do, besides jarring you awake?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:58 am
What does the lemon juice do, besides jarring you awake?
lemon juice has natural disinfectant properties, I chose to use those properties in my body.. I also use peroxide as part of my oral hygiene