Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:38 am
winwave wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:31 pm Almost 6 million dead worldwide in this pandemic of the unvaxxed.
Six million worldwide, over half of which died BEFORE vaccines even existed. Nothing to do with vaxxed vs unvaxxed. But if it supports your narrative, doesn't matter if its factual or not.
Less did die after the vaccines became available because they are safe and effective. Yet millions have died because they refused to be vaxxed once they were available. It continues to be the pandemic of the unvaxxed .

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sorry you wish to believe that, win. Vaxed are getting Covid and spreading Covid at the same rate as unvaxxed. The only difference is IF you're vaxxed AND get Covid, you PERSONALLY might benefit by having lesser symptoms. Whether I'm vaxxed or not has no influence on whether YOU get Covid or not.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:45 am Sorry you wish to believe that, win. Vaxed are getting Covid and spreading Covid at the same rate as unvaxxed. The only difference is IF you're vaxxed AND get Covid, you PERSONALLY might benefit by having lesser symptoms. Whether I'm vaxxed or not has no influence on whether YOU get Covid or not.
False. First off those vaxxed aren't getting COVID at the same rate as the unvaxxed. Secondly those vaxxed have less of a viral load when they do get it and have less chance of spreading it. So yes whether your vaxxed or not does have influence over whether others get COVID or not.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19 ... ted-people

"shows no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive for the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. It also found no significant difference between infected people with or without symptoms."

Only 4 months ago, from a liberal CA school along with leftist Zuckerberg's wife's organization.

And don't give me the BS of "its not peer-reviewed". A bunch of leftists rubberstamping other leftists' work.

"Although vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection are much less likely to become severely ill than unvaccinated, the new study shows that they can be carrying similar amounts of virus and could potentially spread the virus to other people"

So basically, the only thing the vaccine does is help reduce YOUR symptoms. Whether or not I have it is irrelevant.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not peer reviewed .
Greeniegb
Swell

COVID accumulates in male genital organs, Tulane primate study shows
A new study from researchers at Tulane National Primate Research Center suggests the coronavirus may infect four different areas of the male genital tract, adding to evidence that a COVID-19 infection may impact male fertility. Ok anti vaxers roll the dice and take a chance, lol

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/a ... f92b0.html
GreenLantern
Riptide

gb, I’m as passionate as anyone about calling out people whose reckless and irresponsible behavior endangers others. That said, I think it’s time to put this thread to rest.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:02 pm COVID accumulates in male genital organs, Tulane primate study shows
A new study from researchers at Tulane National Primate Research Center suggests the coronavirus may infect four different areas of the male genital tract, adding to evidence that a COVID-19 infection may impact male fertility. Ok anti vaxers roll the dice and take a chance, lol

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/a ... f92b0.html

I'll take a page out of winwave's book:
The study is a preprint and has not yet been peer-reviewed. It also doesn't address whether the effects on the male organs are long-term
which according to him means, it carries ZERO validity and is meaningless.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yep.
Greeniegb
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:59 pm gb, I’m as passionate as anyone about calling out people whose reckless and irresponsible behavior endangers others. That said, I think it’s time to put this thread to rest.
new information, as the Deltacron variant appears.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:04 pm https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19 ... ted-people

"shows no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive for the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. It also found no significant difference between infected people with or without symptoms."

Only 4 months ago, from a liberal CA school along with leftist Zuckerberg's wife's organization.

And don't give me the BS of "its not peer-reviewed". A bunch of leftists rubberstamping other leftists' work.

"Although vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection are much less likely to become severely ill than unvaccinated, the new study shows that they can be carrying similar amounts of virus and could potentially spread the virus to other people"

So basically, the only thing the vaccine does is help reduce YOUR symptoms. Whether or not I have it is irrelevant.
sey what !!! people here posting of findings from a commuter - directional school !!?...banish the thought !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:38 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:04 pm https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19 ... ted-people

sey what !!! people here posting of findings from a commuter - directional school !!?...banish the thought !
Believe what you want!!!

HEALTH AND SCIENCE
The omicron subvariant is more contagious, but vaccinated people are less likely to spread it, study finds..
-Danish scientists found the BA.2 subvariant, which has rapidly become dominant in Denmark, spread more easily across all groups regardless of sex, age, household size and vaccination status.
-However, only unvaccinated people demonstrated higher transmissibility of BA.2 compared to the BA.1 omicron strain, which could be due to their higher viral load.
-The probability for spreading within a household was 39% for BA.2 versus 29% for BA.1, the study found.
Transmission rates among unvaccinated people were higher with BA.2 compared to BA.1, indicating unvaccinated people were carrying a higher viral load with BA.2. Although fully vaccinated people are more likely to catch BA.2 than the previous strain, they are less likely to spread it to others, researchers found.

People who received a booster were even less likely to transmit the virus than people who were fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/31/the-new ... finds.html
Greeniegb
Swell

Growing Gap between vaccinated and unvaccinated!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/11/brie ... nated.html
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is for win and GbG, since they only accept PEER-REVIEWED articles.

Protection from second and third doses of vaccine fading in just WEEKS....Pretty soon we'll all be lining up first of each month for our boosters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart ... f0178832af
dpm wave
Swell

RobertM320
Green Wave

Now take a good look at the chart you posted. At the VERY PEAK, the unvaccinated death rate is just over 20 per 100 THOUSAND people. That's .02%, or 99.98% SURVIVAL. And if you were to check, I bet you'd find a good portion of those 20, probably 15 or so, had multiple comorbidities. So if you're healthy, an unvaccinated person had a 99.995% chance of survival. I'm more likely to die the next time I get into my car to go to work.

My point is made.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:43 pm This is for win and GbG, since they only accept PEER-REVIEWED articles.

Protection from second and third doses of vaccine fading in just WEEKS....Pretty soon we'll all be lining up first of each month for our boosters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart ... f0178832af
Wow. Your ignorance never abates. A whopping 128 people studied. No information on their age, comorbidity's. and other factors. It's also just about the Pfizer shot not Moderna. Then there's your total lack of compassion. ONE MILLION PEOPLE IN OUR COUNTRY HAVE DIED FROM IT. YOU SCOFF AT THAT AND TELL THOSE ONE MILLION FAMILIES OF THE DECEASED TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES BECAUSE YOU JUST DON'T CARE.
Last edited by winwave on Sun May 15, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:23 pm Now take a good look at the chart you posted. At the VERY PEAK, the unvaccinated death rate is just over 20 per 100 THOUSAND people. That's .02%, or 99.98% SURVIVAL. And if you were to check, I bet you'd find a good portion of those 20, probably 15 or so, had multiple comorbidities. So if you're healthy, an unvaccinated person had a 99.995% chance of survival. I'm more likely to die the next time I get into my car to go to work.

My point is made.
It's not and no you would't find 15 0f 20 had comorbidity's.
Show Me
Tsunami

:shock: More posts here than Tulane baseball
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:40 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:23 pm Now take a good look at the chart you posted. At the VERY PEAK, the unvaccinated death rate is just over 20 per 100 THOUSAND people. That's .02%, or 99.98% SURVIVAL. And if you were to check, I bet you'd find a good portion of those 20, probably 15 or so, had multiple comorbidities. So if you're healthy, an unvaccinated person had a 99.995% chance of survival. I'm more likely to die the next time I get into my car to go to work.

My point is made.
It's not and no you would't find 15 0f 20 had comorbidity's.

Your point is dumb and stupid because you pick and choose what data to use. You only use the % that die. Add the % that got hospitalized and the % that ended up on ventilators. Here is the biggie stat that you ignore. 18% of covid infections end in long term covid, includes brain damage and dementia, long term heart or lung issues, nervous system damage and other long term effects. I know a ex marathon runner that after catching covid is winded getting her mail, perfect physical shape prior to covid. Same with my own daughter an anti vaxer that caught covid in good health, now she has long-term covid and regrets not being vaccinated., Doctors do not understand how to deal with the many systems in the body effected by long term covid. You need to get educated and quit using lies and misinformation to spread your cause!!! The big point that people like you ignore is covid causes blood clots in people healthy or not. The blood clots is what damages the body, going to multible systems into the brain, heart, and other parts of the body. They are small and can be just a thickening of the blood. But if not killing with stroke, brain, lung, heart and other damage is done. You sound so dense open your mind and look at all the data not what you choose too.

RobertM320
Green Wave

Ah, the new spin. Its not COVID causing the blood clots, Gb. There was NO increase in blood clots and strokes, UNTIL the vaccines started.

And 18% of infections DO NOT end in long term Covid. Stop spreading misinformation.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I have stated repeatedly that users of Ivermectin are full of crap. I'm now willing to admit that I may be wrong.

PS> I'm still waiting for Fox News to confirm my theories about injecting bleach and shining ultra-violet up your backsides.
RobertM320
Green Wave

It was all bullshit.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like with all else things change. The virus is now causing much less serious symptoms. Anyone though that suggest that all of the precautions taken when the virus was raging is just another in a long line of raging lunatics.
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:03 am It was all bullshit.

Politically it worked. It allowed for mail-in ballots which swung the election