Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:51 pm
FYI the United States is a Republic not a Democracy.
US is based on a Constitution which is the supreme law of the land.
[/quote]

And your candidate didn't uphold an oath to honor and protect that Constitution. He attacked it.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:07 pm
And your candidate didn't uphold an oath to honor and protect that Constitution. He attacked it.
[/quote]
Believe me if he did he’d already be behind bars. 6 years of non-stop attempts with nothing but scam accusations from the left and liberal media. The raid just another attempt to hurt him in the polls. Just fires up his base even more.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:28 pm
Believe me if he did he’d already be behind bars. 6 years of non-stop attempts with nothing but scam accusations from the left and liberal media. The raid just another attempt to hurt him in the polls. Just fires up his base even more.
[/quote]

Are you calling his daughter and other Republicans testifying against Trump a scam, you are really braindead if that is what you believe. The only reason the Republican Party is not shitting on him is because of cult members like you. Now they are opening up Muellers report to bar recommending an obstruction of Justice charge in the Russian investigation. Because he was president they would not charge him but now he is an average citizen that can go to jail.
Show Me
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:19 pm
Are you calling his daughter and other Republicans testifying against Trump a scam, you are really braindead if that is what you believe. The only reason the Republican Party is not shitting on him is because of cult members like you. Now they are opening up Muellers report to bar recommending an obstruction of Justice charge in the Russian investigation. Because he was president they would not charge him but now he is an average citizen that can go to jail.
[/quote]
RINO’s like you still pretending to be Republican. We don’t want you. See Liz Chaney.
Bye Bye.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:41 pm

RINO’s like you still pretending to be Republican. We don’t want you. See Liz Chaney.
Bye Bye.
[/quote]

You really don't have a clue Trump was a lifetime Democrat before switching to run as a Republican. Trump was Pro Choice in fact paid for abortions for his mistresses. Liz Chaney is more Conservative than Trump and voted 90% for Trumps legistature. You can't out fact this lifetime Republican, before throwing out the talking point Rino you could at least know what a Rhino is!!! Fact the Alt Right are former Democrats that left the Democratic Party because of Hillary and became Trumps cult. They are the true Rinos that invaded the Republican Party and threw out commited Conservatives like Romney and Chaney. President Reagan would be kicking Trump where the sun don[t shine!!! Trump helped to elect Democrats Clinton and Pelosi, do your research dude.

Trump owned up to his years with the other party and told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in 2004 that he identified with Democrats during that time because they were more adept at handling the economy:
"It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats....But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disasters under the Republicans."
Trump was a registered Democrat from August 2001 through September 2009.
“He was a Democrat longer than he was a Republican. He's given more money to Democrats than he has to Republicans," Bush said. (Among the politicians Trump has given money to are former Secretary of State and Sen. Hillary Clinton, who was his Democratic opponent in the 2016 presidential campaign.)

It probably didn't help Trump's case among conservative voters that he's spoken very highly of some of Democrats who are typically vilified by conservatives, including former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Oprah Winfrey, and even House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
https://www.thoughtco.com/was-donald-tr ... at-3367571
Show Me
Tsunami

And the hate began immediately when Trump switched parties.
Elon Musk just switched to Republican once beloved is now feeling the same hate.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:31 am And the hate began immediately when Trump switched parties.
Elon Musk just switched to Republican once beloved is now feeling the same hate.
You are really pathetic, the hate is coming from the Republican Party, They are trying to dump Trump like a hot potato but your cult members are totally clueless. Facts every witness in the Impeachments were Republican, Mueller and Comey were Republicans, All the witnesses in the Jan. 6 hearings are Trumps former appointees, Hutchinson was a member of Scalises campaign and inner circle before she joined Trump, now she is the key witness for the Dept. of Justice and the Jan. 6 committee. You back your opinions with no facts dude, what is wrong with your brain? Being part of a cult is pathetic dude, my mentor taught me how to keep the extremes of both parties out of control. President Reagan.
Show Me
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:07 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:31 am And the hate began immediately when Trump switched parties.
You are really pathetic, the hate is coming from the Republican Party, They are trying to dump Trump like a hot potato but your cult members are totally clueless. Facts every witness in the Impeachments were Republican, Mueller and Comey were Republicans, All the witnesses in the Jan. 6 hearings are Trumps former appointees, Hutchinson was a member of Scalises campaign and inner circle before she joined Trump, now she is the key witness for the Dept. of Justice and the Jan. 6 committee. You back your opinions with no facts dude, what is wrong with your brain? Being part of a cult is pathetic dude, my mentor taught me how to keep the extremes of both parties out of control. President Reagan.
Yes of course RINO hate also. People that preach love are the haters. So funny.
RobertM320
Green Wave

[/quote]

Don't show your ignorance here, gbg. Ivanka and the others TESTIFIED. They didn't testify AGAINST HIM. Its not a trial, supposedly.

Second, you really misunderstood the report from the Mueller special counsel that just came out. The internal memo FROM THE DOJ that came to light recently showed they recommended to Barr NOT TO PROSECUTE for obstruction of justice. Read it again. They recommended to Barr NOT TO PROSECUTE for obstruction of justice.

You completely turned it around.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
MicMan
Swell

LOL. Board imbeciles still letting Fat Orange Hitler shit in their mouths.

LOLOLOLOLOL
RobertM320
Green Wave

MicMan wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:18 pm LOL. Board imbeciles still letting Fat Orange Hitler shit in their mouths.

LOLOLOLOLOL
And MicMan proving once again that he can't read, and can't grasp facts.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Greeniegb
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:55 pm

Don't show your ignorance here, gbg. Ivanka and the others TESTIFIED. They didn't testify AGAINST HIM. Its not a trial, supposedly.

Second, you really misunderstood the report from the Mueller special counsel that just came out. The internal memo FROM THE DOJ that came to light recently showed they recommended to Barr NOT TO PROSECUTE for obstruction of justice. Read it again. They recommended to Barr NOT TO PROSECUTE for obstruction of justice.

You completely turned it around.
[/quote]
Wow, you like to twist facts, Quote Ivanka, I believe Attorney General Barr that the Election Fraud was BS. Saying that she did not believe her Dad is not good for Trump.
You really twisted Mueller here is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Muellers report did not clear Trump and expected further investigation. It was tricky because a sitting president has never been changed of a crime. But as a citizen it is different. Barr withheld releasing the whole report. Here were Republican Muellers thoughts,
The memo noted that “Mueller had declined to accuse President Trump of obstructing justice but also had declined to exonerate him” and “recommended that Barr ‘reach a judgment’ on whether the evidence constituted obstruction of justice,” the panel wrote Friday. The memo also noted that “the Report’s failure to take a definitive position could be read to imply an accusation against President Trump” if the confidential report were released to the public, the court wrote.
RobertM320
Green Wave

That was four years ago. And the internal memo that surfaced last week said the DOJ RECOMMENDED that Barr NOT prosecute for obstruction of justice. That's the opposite of what they SAID 4 years ago.

You need to do better than just cutting and pasting 4 year old quotes to support your position.
Two years ago, they said Lockdowns were good. Now they've admitted lockdowns may have caused MORE deaths than Covid.
One year ago, Biden said "Get the vaccine and you WONT get Covid". A year later, we know that's false.

As time goes by, the truth always wins.
Greeniegb
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:23 am That was four years ago. And the internal memo that surfaced last week said the DOJ RECOMMENDED that Barr NOT prosecute for obstruction of justice. That's the opposite of what they SAID 4 years ago.

You need to do better than just cutting and pasting 4 year old quotes to support your position.
Two years ago, they said Lockdowns were good. Now they've admitted lockdowns may have caused MORE deaths than Covid.
One year ago, Biden said "Get the vaccine and you WONT get Covid". A year later, we know that's false.

As time goes by, the truth always wins.
Hey dude you are so screwed up, Mueller did not clear Trump, and the DOJ is Attorney General Barr. Make sense before you post something non factual. Mueller has consistantly not cleared Trump of wrong doing. Learn government just like Attorney General Merrick Garland is leading the DOJ investigation of Trump, Attorney General Barr an appointee of Trump refused to investigate Trump claiming he did not feel their was enough evedence, believe a non bias Republican Mueller or believe a Trump appointee Barr!!!

Another lie by you, Biden and Fauci never said you would not get covid, they said if you did, it would not be severe enough for hospitalization or dying. No one says lockdowns caused more deaths than covid, you like spreading misinformation.
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenie78
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:33 pm Who knew? I did.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... -rcna71027
I agree with that from what I've seen. I never got the boosters. But I do think the vaccine was necessary for high-risk patients like the elderly and those with multiple medical issues. And there were alot of sick elderly folks in the hospital with COVID in 2020-2021.
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenie78 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:48 pm

I agree with that from what I've seen. I never got the boosters. But I do think the vaccine was necessary for high-risk patients like the elderly and those with multiple medical issues. And there were alot of sick elderly folks in the hospital with COVID in 2020-2021.
And I agree with you. For elderly and at risk people, the vaccine was better than taking a chance on getting Covid. Which is what most of the unvaxxed have said from the very beginning. It wasn't the vaccine we had a problem with, it was the MANDATES. More specifically, the mandate that even those of us who had already had Covid should be forced to get the vaccine anyway.
greenie78
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:17 pm
greenie78 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:48 pm

And I agree with you. For elderly and at risk people, the vaccine was better than taking a chance on getting Covid. Which is what most of the unvaxxed have said from the very beginning. It wasn't the vaccine we had a problem with, it was the MANDATES. More specifically, the mandate that even those of us who had already had Covid should be forced to get the vaccine anyway.
I never agreed with the mandates. Even the mandates for the flu vaccine that most hospitals do are not necessary in my opinion.
RobertM320
Green Wave

There would have been far less antagonism and division from the beginning if they had just done the research and tried to include the recovered Covid with the vaccinated as far as any decisions. Instead, they tried to make a large swath of the country into second class citizens.

Glad to know that fact and science have finally prevailed.