Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
dpm wave
Swell

THC >>>>> tumeric

Greeniegb
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 pm https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 022-01-19/

"People who had previously been infected with COVID-19 were better protected against the Delta variant than those who were vaccinated"

Ohm my! What have we here? As I've been saying for TWO F'n YEARS. NATURAL IMMUNITY from having had it was already better than the vaccines.

Hey, win, where are you bud? I'd ask for an apology, but I know I'll never get one. You'll spin it some other way. Greenie? What about you? Any apologies? Of course not.

Maybe its time some of you actually open your minds to differing opinions. You might learn something.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/health/c ... index.html

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... ed-against

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... 6a0b2e3d04
Real life granddaughter caught covid19 3 times, son in law twice where is this so called natural immunity!!! 89 deaths in the last two days hospitilization and ventilator usage rising. Real life facts!!!

Opinions are a dime a dozen, I deal with pure facts!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:12 am I see the tin foil hat is alive and well. Boosters matter. They give you the best protection. Your wife had it and got it again. So her symptoms are mild but again it's not just about her. Or you. it's about those you come into contact with. You have no idea what their immune system is like. But you've made it clear you're as selfish as they come. Just keep ignoring the facts that dispute your take.
So, you still can't grasp what I'm talking about. I didn't say the boosters didn't HELP. I never did ignore the facts. But you did. My ORIGINAL argument, which has now been proven TRUE, was that my acquired immunity from getting Covid in Aug 2020 was STRONGER than you getting your two vax shots. When I first brought this question up, there WAS NO SUCH THING as "booster shots".

You and gbg both keep deflecting and going off on tangents, never addressing the SINGLE POINT that I was making, which was natural immunity by itself was BETTER than two shots of vaccine by itself.

And no, its not at all about being selfish. I'm not going to walk around with a face diaper for the next 30 years because a very very small minority of people might be immune compromised. They're adults. Its THEIR responsibility to protect themselves.

A HEALTHY unvaccinated person is NOT AN INFECTED person. A HEALTHY unvaccinated person is NOT A CARRIER. THESE are facts.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:21 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 pm https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 022-01-19/

"People who had previously been infected with COVID-19 were better protected against the Delta variant than those who were vaccinated"

Ohm my! What have we here? As I've been saying for TWO F'n YEARS. NATURAL IMMUNITY from having had it was already better than the vaccines.

Hey, win, where are you bud? I'd ask for an apology, but I know I'll never get one. You'll spin it some other way. Greenie? What about you? Any apologies? Of course not.

Maybe its time some of you actually open your minds to differing opinions. You might learn something.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/health/c ... index.html

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... ed-against

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... 6a0b2e3d04
Real life granddaughter caught covid19 3 times, son in law twice where is this so called natural immunity!!! 89 deaths in the last two days hospitilization and ventilator usage rising. Real life facts!!!

Opinions are a dime a dozen, I deal with pure facts!!!
Sorry, gbg, those aren't OPINIONS. Those are PURE FACTS. Just like the vaxes aren't perfect, neither is natural immunity. But it IS BETTER than vaxes alone. FACT.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:22 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:12 am I see the tin foil hat is alive and well. Boosters matter. They give you the best protection. Your wife had it and got it again. So her symptoms are mild but again it's not just about her. Or you. it's about those you come into contact with. You have no idea what their immune system is like. But you've made it clear you're as selfish as they come. Just keep ignoring the facts that dispute your take.
So, you still can't grasp what I'm talking about. I didn't say the boosters didn't HELP. I never did ignore the facts. But you did. My ORIGINAL argument, which has now been proven TRUE, was that my acquired immunity from getting Covid in Aug 2020 was STRONGER than you getting your two vax shots. When I first brought this question up, there WAS NO SUCH THING as "booster shots".

You and gbg both keep deflecting and going off on tangents, never addressing the SINGLE POINT that I was making, which was natural immunity by itself was BETTER than two shots of vaccine by itself.

And no, its not at all about being selfish. I'm not going to walk around with a face diaper for the next 30 years because a very very small minority of people might be immune compromised. They're adults. Its THEIR responsibility to protect themselves.

A HEALTHY unvaccinated person is NOT AN INFECTED person. A HEALTHY unvaccinated person is NOT A CARRIER. THESE are facts.
It doesn't prove it. It had limitations which were spelled out. Natural immunity wanes and your original infection was long ago so you're likely not protected.

Just wow as to a total lack of caring for over a hundred million people in this country who could suffer serious illness and/or die.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Again, you've dodged the point. Yes, natural immunity wanes, just like the vaccine does. Its not about whether I'm protected or not NOW.

Repeat after me, "NATURAL IMMUNITY after infection was STRONGER than two doses of vaccine". Anything other than that is a different discussion. But you wont even admit THIS FACT.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Fact: It's not a vaccine if it doesn't provide immunity.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

If one QB throws one pass for 30 yards, and a second QB throws three passes of 20, 20 and 20, totaling 60 yards, it doesn't negate the FACT that QB1 threw the longest pass. You're adding things to the equation to try and change the result.

Again, repeat after me: "Immunity after infection is STRONGER than immunity after two doses of vaccine." Try it. Its not hard.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It’s not. It was a limited study and was about the Delta variant not the original virus and not about omicron. Facts are- the vaccine works, boosters work and the best protection is prior infection and vaxxed . But you don’t give a shit about your fellow man. Disgusting.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

It specifically found that immunity after infection was stronger than immunity after two doses of vaccine. Period.

That has nothing to do with whether the vaccines or boosters work or not. I'm very glad you feel they do. I wasn't even addressing that. I also wasn't addressing Omicron. It seems that Omicron is unaffected by natural OR vaccine immunity. We'll see. If that's the case, still no reason to treat recovered and vaxxed differently, since you can spread it just as easily as I can.

But the point remains, there is NO REASON to treat recovered unvaxxed, any different than vaxxed as far as entry to restaurants and other events. Two weeks after a person recovers, their immunity is stronger than a person two weeks after they're vaxxed. THAT IS FACT. So give newly recovered unvaxxed people access to venues the same way you do vaxxed people. Then, when the immunity wanes, if they don't get vaxxed or a booster, THEN, AND ONLY THEN, do you have a legit reason to exclude them. Until that changes, its all political. The fact that you are so locked into your belief that you'll double down in spite of facts to the contrary proves it. You just can't accept being wrong. Ever.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tin foil hat strikes again. Omicron is affected by the vaccine. Less get infected ,less get seriously ill, less die. There's good reason to treat them differently.

At this point you have no protection since your infection was so long ago. get vaxxed. Protect yourself and those that come in contact with you.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Look who's wearing the tin foil hat now. Since when has natural immunity from infection ever waned to ZERO? It doesn't. There will always be some protection, unless your immune system is compromised. I just spent over a week, at home, with my wife when she was Covid+. Sleeping in the same bed, handling the same doorknobs, dishes, etc. Never got it. You think that was just luck? This Omicron thats SO contagious just magically didn't happen to be where I was for the entire week? You're sounding like Alex Jones .

As for less get seriously ill, less die, you're right. Because ALMOST NO ONE dies from Omicron, whether you're vaccinated or not.
Greeniegb
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:33 am Look who's wearing the tin foil hat now. Since when has natural immunity from infection ever waned to ZERO? It doesn't. There will always be some protection, unless your immune system is compromised. I just spent over a week, at home, with my wife when she was Covid+. Sleeping in the same bed, handling the same doorknobs, dishes, etc. Never got it. You think that was just luck? This Omicron thats SO contagious just magically didn't happen to be where I was for the entire week? You're sounding like Alex Jones .

As for less get seriously ill, less die, you're right. Because ALMOST NO ONE dies from Omicron, whether you're vaccinated or not.
Wrong, Over 150 deaths last 3 days from Omicron in La. Deaths are starting to rise with hospitalizations.
Greeniegb
Swell

Does mask mandates work or is this a coincidence?

The parishes surrounding New Orleans: St. Bernard, Plaquemine, Jefferson, St. Tammany as of yesterday all had a positivity rate above 30%, the positivity rate in New Orleans is 18% since the mandate went in place for the same time period.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:29 am Does mask mandates work or is this a coincidence?

The parishes surrounding New Orleans: St. Bernard, Plaquemine, Jefferson, St. Tammany as of yesterday all had a positivity rate above 30%, the positivity rate in New Orleans is 18% since the mandate went in place for the same time period.
since Orleans has a population equal to HALF of the Parish's noted, good for them ......wearing Mask in Orleans is a tradition, so no one should be surprised by the percentages
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:33 am Look who's wearing the tin foil hat now. Since when has natural immunity from infection ever waned to ZERO? It doesn't. There will always be some protection, unless your immune system is compromised. I just spent over a week, at home, with my wife when she was Covid+. Sleeping in the same bed, handling the same doorknobs, dishes, etc. Never got it. You think that was just luck? This Omicron thats SO contagious just magically didn't happen to be where I was for the entire week? You're sounding like Alex Jones .

People are dying from it. But that defeats your theory so you just callously dismiss the dead and their families. You know no shame.
RobertM320
Green Wave

According to most hospitals the majority of deaths are still Delta.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:29 am Does mask mandates work or is this a coincidence?

Again, case rates is meaningless. I'd expect fewer people to catch a cold if everyone is wearing masks. Regardless, Omicron is mild, like a cold, so whether the positivity rate is 18%, 30% or 50% is meaningless.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am

People are dying from it. But that defeats your theory so you just callously dismiss the dead and their families. You know no shame.
I love that this is the hill you're willing to die on. Israel, the most vaccinated country in the world, where virtually everyone is up to 4 jabs, now has more hospitalizations and deaths ever. But yeah, the vaccine works.
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:11 pm According to most hospitals the majority of deaths are still Delta.
Robert, in view of your tenacity, I’ve been meaning to ask for a while: what is your end game? Is it to prove you’re the smartest person in the room? To establish that you’re a master debater? Perhaps it’s simply to encourage people to ignore science and accept your authority. I ask this in all sincerity: what’s in it for you with this doggedness?
GreenLantern
Riptide

P.S. According to the CDC, Covid boosters reduce the number of hospitalizations according to this story from Barron’s:*

https://www.barrons.com/articles/modern ... =hp_LEAD_3

*Keep in mind that this finding comes from a government agency… the same sort of folks that are putting tracking devices in the vaccine and staging fake moon landings. Read at your own risk.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:34 pm P.S. According to the CDC, Covid boosters reduce the number of hospitalizations according to this story from Barron’s:*

*Keep in mind that this finding comes from a government agency… the same sort of folks that are putting tracking devices in the vaccine and staging fake moon landings. Read at your own risk.
Don't ruin his day with truth. Shame on you lantern.
GreenLantern
Riptide

PPS> Unvaccinated seniors nearly 50 times more likely to be hospitalized than their peers who have received a booster according to this Washington Post story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... table-main
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:34 pm P.S. According to the CDC, Covid boosters reduce the number of hospitalizations according to this story from Barron’s:*

I NEVER SAID that the boosters don't reduce the number of hospitalizations. I have no problem with people getting the vax and the boosters if they choose. The only "end game", as you want to call it, is for the same people who say "follow the science" to ACTUALLY follow the science and acknowledge that acquired immunity IS A THING, and that its every bit as good as the original two vax shots were. That's the SCIENCE, and yet you to still try to deflect and talk about boosters and which immunity wanes faster and which is better against which variant.

That's NOT THE ISSUE. I have a problem with treating people with two comparable levels of immunity differently, just because one got it from a vax and one got it from getting Covid.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:17 pm PPS> Unvaccinated seniors nearly 50 times more likely to be hospitalized than their peers who have received a booster according to this Washington Post story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... table-main
Again, you're comparing apples and oranges. You're comparing unvaccinated UNINFECTED people, with people who have had THREE shots.

I find it hard to believe that this many Tulane graduates can't grasp the difference between a completely uninfected unvaccinated person, and one that's had Covid and acquired some level of protection, even though SCIENCE just explained it.