Podcast: Interview with Ron Hunter ("We will build a consistent winner at Tulane"

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
fearthewaveblog
Ripple

On this podcast, we sat down with Ron Hunter for 30 minutes this week to reflect on his vision for Tulane, what he's learned in his first AAC, and his lofty goals for the program (which includes going deep into the NCAA Tournament)

We also talk about his approach to transfers in the future and the importance of getting younger players minutes this year. Hope you enjoy. Roll Wave

GreenLantern
Riptide

Enjoyed the interview.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Interesting that he's not so worried about getting players. Much more concerned with culture. Taking a long view.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think he's interested in getting players. He talks about "wait until you see the types of recruits we start bringing in after we've been here a year or two." He definitely wants players that will "defend their culture." But realizes he needs good players to take the team where he wants to take them.

I thought it was well done. Definitely a must listen for all Tulane fans.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Excited to give a listen
swampnik
Surge

Coach has a plan all laid out in his mind for the future. I need to buy some cool shades for Devlin. 8-)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bigschtick
Riptide

I have no doubt that Coach Hunter will secede in building Tulane basketball
into a program that we will be pleased with.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:12 pm I have no doubt that Coach Hunter will secede in building Tulane basketball
into a program that we will be pleased with.
You mean he's going to leave Tulane to build the program?

Or did you mean to say "succeed", a spelling word from 4th grade?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
WavyHoops
High Tide

Perhaps worth noting in the context of the Jett Duffey kerfuffle, Coach Hunter made it sound like there were no issues whatsoever in getting the guys he wants (transfer or otherwise) into Tulane.
DrBox
Riptide

WavyHoops wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm Interesting that he's not so worried about getting players. Much more concerned with culture. Taking a long view.
Dunleavy repeatedly said he wasn't concerned about getting players; of course he wasn't concerned about much of anything, including 4 whole Ws.