Justin Campbell denied Admission

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Show Me
Tsunami

Just goes to “show” winwave’s lack of ability to evaluate baseball talent. I truly believe this is why Dannen gave up. He actually went out of his way to get the kid in but got zero support from the administration and admissions.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

D1 agrees with me. No Justin Campbell on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team:

https://d1baseball.com/awards/2022-d1ba ... ica-teams/

Good luck to him. He'll need it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:01 pm D1 agrees with me. No Justin Campbell on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team:

2 1/2 million will not be a bad start. Kid really could have been an asset to this team.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:27 am
winwave wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:01 pm D1 agrees with me. No Justin Campbell on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team:

2 1/2 million will not be a bad start. Kid really could have been an asset to this team.
No question about it. In fact love or or hate it probably cost Jewett his job. It would have been his best recruit he ever signed here. I believe the last time we had a pitcher go in the 1st round was 2008 (Shooter Hunt). Winwave you really embarrassed yourself bringing this thread back to life. Tulane’d again.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:52 am

No question about it. In fact love or or hate it probably cost Jewett his job. It would have been his best recruit he ever signed here. I believe the last time we had a pitcher go in the 1st round was 2008 (Shooter Hunt). Winwave you really embarrassed yourself bringing this thread back to life. Tulane’d again.
Not embarrassed at a ll. It's like many topics here. The likes of you try to shout me down and over time I'm proved right. His history is clear. He dominates the lightweights and gets hit around by the quality teams. It's why he didn't make the D1 team.

What's embarrassing is you stealing $250,000 from the athletic department. Shame on you. Pay it up ASAP with interest or STFU.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

we'll ne ver know. He isn't the player some here claimed that would be a walk on campus two way stud. HIs coach realized early on he wasn't a hitter. As to his pitching he beat the lightweight and always got hit around by the few quality teams he faced. So he wouldn't have made any big difference. We had pitchers that could beat lightweights.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:43 pm
DfromCT wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:29 pm
Pepper wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:50 pm Campbell went 37th overall in the draft.
But he wasn't the two way stud I proclaimed him to be so winwave wins! :lol:
Wait. He wasn’t D1 Baseball All American. What’s wrong with those MLB scouts?
He stayed on the board until pick 37 because it was thought that had he been accepted at Tulane, he only would have been the mid-week starter. Wasn't our best starter taken in the 9th round last year?

Campbell's slotted bonus at the back end of the first round is 16x more than Olthoff received (which was $50k below his slot, fwiw). Campbell will have that money in the bank, while Olthoff has to reach the Majors to ever bank $2.1 million. All in all, the young Mr. Campbell seems to have rebounded nicely from not being admitted to Tulane.

Who lost out with that decision?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:37 am

He stayed on the board until pick 37 because it was thought that had he been accepted at Tulane, he only would have been the mid-week starter. Wasn't our best starter taken in the 9th round last year?

Campbell's slotted bonus at the back end of the first round is 16x more than Olthoff received (which was $50k below his slot, fwiw). Campbell will have that money in the bank, while Olthoff has to reach the Majors to ever bank $2.1 million. All in all, the young Mr. Campbell seems to have rebounded nicely from not being admitted to Tulane.

Correct. Tulane’d lost out again. If he continues to develop and makes big league money that would have been nice having him as a Tulane alum donor vs an OSU one. Amazing the blunders Tulane continues to do to itself. No wonder nobody wanted this HC baseball job.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Olthoff had big wins like beating MSU on the road. Campbell never had anything like that. The first pitcher from last years draft to make it to the majors was an 11th round pick not a 1st rounder.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:13 am

Olthoff had big wins like beating MSU on the road. Campbell never had anything like that. The first pitcher from last years draft to make it to the majors was an 11th round pick not a 1st rounder.
LMFAO Seriously winwave, you truly believe you know more than MLB scouts. People who have made their living for decades doing this stuff? You have NO CLUE! Olthoff will never see 7 figure compensation from baseball unless he makes the major leagues. Campbell will bank that before he throws his first professional pitch. He will collect roughly 16x the money Olthoff will make in his minor league CAREER the day he signs. So that win at MSU did less for Olthoff than beating up the pansies of the Big 12 did for Campbell.

Once Fido gets his teeth in something he never gives up. It's pretty amusing.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:43 am
winwave wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:13 am

LMFAO Seriously winwave, you truly believe you know more than MLB scouts. People who have made their living for decades doing this stuff? You have NO CLUE! Olthoff will never see 7 figure compensation from baseball unless he makes the major leagues. Campbell will bank that before he throws his first professional pitch. He will collect roughly 16x the money Olthoff will make in his minor league CAREER the day he signs. So that win at MSU did less for Olthoff than beating up the pansies of the Big 12 did for Campbell.

Once Fido gets his teeth in something he never gives up. It's pretty amusing.
LMFAO!!!Sure the scouts have always been right on every pick in every draft ever> Hilarious. The scouts do miss. Tom Brady says hello. What we're talking about here is Campbell and as I've clearly pointed out he handled the lightweights and got handled by the quality teams. Time will tell. As usual you and your fellow blowhards won't be anywhere to be found when it doesn't turn out your way.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:50 pm Campbell went 37th overall in the draft.
Glad you've seen the light. You'd think you and the others would learn from all the times you've been wrong. Over a hundred pages where you and they tried to shout me down on the stadium. Oh we just have to have the stadium. It will save Tulane athletics you said. I told y'all that it would be the final nail in the coffin. Now here we are and all are worried we about to go to Tier 3. But no you never come back and admit you were wrong and I was right. Tired act y'all have.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The jury is in on Campbell's college career--his selection in the 1st round ends the debate, everything else is extraneous. We can all debate what he may or may not do in the pros, visa vi Olthoff or anyone else, but the college career debate is over.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

Excellent player.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:55 am The jury is in on Campbell's college career--his selection in the 1st round ends the debate, everything else is extraneous. We can all debate what he may or may not do in the pros, visa vi Olthoff or anyone else, but the college career debate is over.
That selection doesn't negate the facts of his career which is that he handled the lightweights and got handled by the quality teams. As I posted above scouts miss all the time. As if they are right on every pick ever. LOL.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:34 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:55 am The jury is in on Campbell's college career--his selection in the 1st round ends the debate, everything else is extraneous. We can all debate what he may or may not do in the pros, visa vi Olthoff or anyone else, but the college career debate is over.
That selection doesn't negate the facts of his career which is that he handled the lightweights and got handled by the quality teams. As I posted above scouts miss all the time. As if they are right on every pick ever. LOL.
Your weakest position ever on this board. The guy just got $2 million for his ability and future potential if you can’t admit you’re wrong here then you lose all credibility. Obviously the guy would have been a big asset for our ball club. You brought up a dead issue and now you got egg all over your face. Please.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave, YOU are the one that NEVER admits you're wrong. Never. I have admitted I'm wrong numerous times, and I will again. I also admit that scouts are often wrong, but I don't think I know more than guys that get paid to evaluate talent and have been doing so for decades. That's one of the things I find hilarious: that you insist you know more than professionals who make a living in this case evaluating baseball talent. What's even funnier is you not only don't admit you're wrong but you never let it go. You're constantly insisting you're right, even in the face of overwhelming evidence (like Campbell being the 37th pick) to the contrary! FACT is Campbell will sign for roughly 16x what Olthoff received. FACT is Olthoff must make it to the majors to ever reach the compensation that Campbell will receive before he throws his first professional pitch. Those FACTS cannot be changed, yet you argue contrary to them nonetheless.

So, have your say, I'll give you the last word so you can tell yourself you won the argument again! And probably get a good chuckle out of your stubbornness as I have throughout the Campbell threads.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:55 pm
Your weakest position ever on this board. The guy just got $2 million for his ability and future potential if you can’t admit you’re wrong here then you lose all credibility. Obviously the guy would have been a big asset for our ball club. You brought up a dead issue and now you got egg all over your face. Please.
Some 2022 highlights:

Rpi #27 Gonzaga 7.1 IP, 1 R, 10 k
Rpi #36 TCU, 8 Ip, 2 R, 14 k
Rpi #49 WVU, 7 Ip, 0 R, 8 k
RPi #64 SE MSU, 7 IP, 0 R, 12 k
RPI #80 Baylor, 7 Ip, 1 R, 10 k

#37 pick, $2mm signing bonus. Winwave, you really are just too much sometimes. Literally almost every mock draft had him going #25-#45.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Some 2022 highlights:

#37 pick, $2mm signing bonus. Winwave, you really are just too much sometimes. Literally almost every mock draft had him going #25-#45.
Wow!! In those five games; less than 1 run per game; more than 10 strikeouts per game; and he ate more than 7 innings per game. If he did that against those five teams, what did he do against the lightweights that he beat?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The Fonz couldn't admit being wrong either.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pathetic. As noted scouts miss a lot. There’s no getting around the fact that he beat up on the weaklings and got beat up by all he quality teams. You got nothing as usual. Pay up the $250k you owe or STFU!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:57 pm winwave, YOU are the one that NEVER admits you're wrong. Never. I have admitted I'm wrong numerous times, and I will again. I also admit that scouts are often wrong, but I don't think I know more than guys that get paid to evaluate talent and have been doing so for decades. That's one of the things I find hilarious: that you insist you know more than professionals who make a living in this case evaluating baseball talent. What's even funnier is you not only don't admit you're wrong but you never let it go. You're constantly insisting you're right, even in the face of overwhelming evidence (like Campbell being the 37th pick) to the contrary! FACT is Campbell will sign for roughly 16x what Olthoff received. FACT is Olthoff must make it to the majors to ever reach the compensation that Campbell will receive before he throws his first professional pitch. Those FACTS cannot be changed, yet you argue contrary to them nonetheless.

So, have your say, I'll give you the last word so you can tell yourself you won the argument again! And probably get a good chuckle out of your stubbornness as I have throughout the Campbell threads.
I’ve admitted I’m wrong but you’ll never admit that because it screws up you’re narrative. Like all the other times you’re wrong here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Some 2022 highlights:

So you don't have one top 5 team there or top 10 or top 15 or 20 or even 25. You left off Vandy, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Arkansas and the other Baylor game. Here it is:

https://okstate.com/sports/baseball/stats
Last edited by winwave on Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

:lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:28 pm:lol:
And you said you weren’t coming back. But yet again here you are. LOL.