Todd Graffagnini

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
TURVS71
Swell

Come on! We are 21 days out from the home football opening game and no announcement on the PBP person!!!

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Should be done by Friday.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

according to sources at Learfield-IMG, their first choice withdrew his name from consideration after meeting with TD ,,,,on to the second act/choice of this soap opera
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Wow so either IMG’s first choice had an issue with TD or something he said or vice-versa? Not good. How will the new guy if not already familiar with Tulane football get caught up with or develop a rapport with the coaches and team with so few days left until kickoff? Someone has handled this process very poorly. Whether it is Tulane or IMG I do not know.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everybody calm down. Golf was joking. TG left late in the process. I'd rather them get it right than rush it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:43 pm Everybody calm down. Golf was joking. TG left late in the process. I'd rather them get it right than rush it.
Win....I wuz ?...I am sure IMG-Tulane will make a good choice, but I am told, by reliable sources the first choice withdrew... It makes no difference to me who gets the gig, I don't listen anyway, I follow it on game tracker, no audio needed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Tragic circumstances , but is Auburn also having problems replacing their longterm Voice ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
austxwave
High Tide

The new voice is an excellent selection. It's not my place to share his name or background. He is extremely qualified. Tulane did not settle. Everyone, except for the usual people who hate life, will like our new voice.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:43 pm Everybody calm down. Golf was joking. TG left late in the process. I'd rather them get it right than rush it.
Win....I wuz ?...I am sure IMG-Tulane will make a good choice, but I am told, by reliable sources the first choice withdrew... It makes no difference to me who gets the gig, I don't listen anyway, I follow it on game tracker, no audio needed
Based on your past sense of humor in many post over the years I thought you wuz kidding due to the act comment.I mistakenly took that as a jab at the recent baseball fiasco .I was thinking ACT. Maybe your source is right about the first choice and maybe not. We have someone though and I believe they were our first choice.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:50 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 pm
Based on your past sense of humor in many post over the years I thought you wuz kidding due to the act comment.I mistakenly took that as a jab at the recent baseball fiasco .I was thinking ACT. Maybe your source is right about the first choice and maybe not. We have someone though and I believe they were our first choice.
WIN...U could be correct....Learfield may have had a choice in mind ...Tulane had another...as long they are competent, all will be well.... I trust the person at Learfield, who told me there was a withdrawal.....no big deal... Hell...Tulane should have had open auditions...that would have garnered some newspaper print and some TV time
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrBox
Riptide

You could both be right.
Lear had its choice, TD had his. TD wants his, Lear's withdraws.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The new voice of the Wave is Andrew Allegretta.

http://www.andrewallegretta.com/
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This late in the game, Ed Daniels, Ken Berthelot and several others become very valuable assets on the "local scene"
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:12 am The new voice of the Wave is Andrew Allegretta.

Having scraped the barrel bottom it glistens while we get the scrape that floats .

Perhaps to be expected considering how late in the game the change was made , and factoring in our current low profile because of ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Forever TU
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:36 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:12 am The new voice of the Wave is Andrew Allegretta.

Having scraped the barrel bottom it glistens while we get the scrape that floats .

Perhaps to be expected considering how late in the game the change was made , and factoring in our current low profile because of ....
Typical post from you. Smdh
wave97
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:36 pm

Syracuse Broadcast Journalism has produced a few people we've become familiar with.
nawlinspete
Riptide

We did not need someone from Blacksburg by way of Walla Walla ; we need a homer, a Greenie at this critical time in Tulane Athletics. . Bad choice .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:05 pm We did not need someone from Blacksburg by way of Walla Walla ; we need a homer, a Greenie at this critical time in Tulane Athletics. . Bad choice .
Another brilliant post. Weeks before his first time on the air. Brilliant!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Great Fear The Wave interview with Graf here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-774038550/3 ... -interview
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Oh man, what a wonderful interview. Bittersweet for sure but also so upbeat and uplifting. Made me a little misty
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:13 pm Oh man, what a wonderful interview. Bittersweet for sure but also so upbeat and uplifting. Made me a little misty
I had the exact same feelings. When JD asked him what play or plays he'd like to change if he could I knew it had to be the botched double play against Baylor in the CWS. That was the first thing that came to mind. Then there were a few key plays late in football games (missed FG on homecoming 2 years ago, the failed attempt by Banks to get in the endzone vs. SMU, etc.)

Graf is a class act and will be missed. I look forward to an opportunity to meet him in the stands and talk Tulane sports with him.
Last edited by DfromCT on Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Low Tide

Looking forward to listening in On Line.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
green4life
Low Tide

Looking forward to listening in On Line.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.