Buddy Teevens

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
torbida
Surge

while channel surfing I noticed Buddy Teevans is coaching Dartmouth and taking a whuppin from Harvard 41-3 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .That's it done with football for the week.

sader24
Tsunami

Can't beat the system.
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

sader24 wrote:Can't beat the system.
Buddy Buddy Buddy
Eaglewave
Swell

Man. I just had to dig up this topic. I will never forget how I was sold on that commercial and really thought things were going to change. I was so happy when we beat SMU to begin the Teevens era. I think that was my last day of happiness. This man is a horrible coach. I can't believe Dartmouth is still letting him coach. About 3 years ago, their fans were calling for his job.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RD's twin must be their AD.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

I remember my Dad coming home after meeting him for the 1st time at either a Greenbacker meeting or something and telling me, "I don't think this guy is gonna work out." He also told me after meeting Pete McGinnis and discussing X's and O's with him for 3 hours at a bar one night that, "His defensive system seems insane, if it works we'll lead the country in sacks, if it doesnt work we'll give up 50 pts a game." He actually had different defensive schemes McGinnis had written up on Bar napkins in his pocket and showed them to me. His exact words were, "I'm nuts, but I'm not this fuc*in nuts."
Eaglewave
Swell

Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Teeven's was a great guy that everyone liked. But he just didn't have the head coaching abilities that were needed to win at Tulane.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

He didn't have the coaching skills win anywhere!
Ball Sumrall!
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree but he did leave Bowden the talent for a perfect winning season!
Wave QB
Swell

Jonathan wrote:I agree but he did leave Bowden the talent for a perfect winning season!
I hope CJ doesn't do the same thing by losing as a head coach and leaving a new coach mad talent to win games.
wavemania
Surge

Not to worry. If CJ doesn't win, the whole athletic program will go Div III. Cowen will see to that. I guess he did win after all. Just took him a little longer to make it happen. :evil:
Eaglewave
Swell

sader24 wrote:I remember my Dad coming home after meeting him for the 1st time at either a Greenbacker meeting or something and telling me, "I don't think this guy is gonna work out." He also told me after meeting Pete McGinnis and discussing X's and O's with him for 3 hours at a bar one night that, "His defensive system seems insane, if it works we'll lead the country in sacks, if it doesnt work we'll give up 50 pts a game." He actually had different defensive schemes McGinnis had written up on Bar napkins in his pocket and showed them to me. His exact words were, "I'm nuts, but I'm not this fuc*in nuts."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

One of the worst coaching hires in history..........
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--for ... 08094.html
The Buddy Teevens/Walt Harris double whammy at Stanford. Teevens took over a program coming off the Rose Bowl and a 10-win season in three years and promptly went 2-9, on his way to a 10-23 tenure. He was followed by Harris, whose second season was a 1-11 debacle. The program then was rescued by Jim Harbaugh.
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

In 24 years of being a head coach, Buddy has never won more than 8 games in one season. That's pretty bad. The last time he won 7 games was in 1991. He went 7-2 and undefeated in the Ivy League with Dartmouth. That was the season that earned him a job at Tulane. Lol.
Ball Sumrall!
Bham Wave
Ripple

It bothers me when I read quotes from former AD's and they talk about how Buddy Teevens walked into a "no win situation" or whatever the heck he said. Isn't it the AD's job to make it a winnable situation. It is like RD now talking about all the things we are doing to improve the athletic department. Well why in the heck weren't we doing these things 10 years ago pre Katrina. They talk like someone else was doing everything wrong when they were the ones running the show.

If Kevin White felt like Tulane had no chance to do anything then he should have stopped drawing a paycheck. Obviously he was wrong because shortly after he left we went undefeated.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Teevens produced the same results at Stanford that he did at Tulane. Look at Stanford now. Stanford has all the resources Tulane doesn't to have National Championship caliber teams in every sport. Teevens had absolutely no excuse for his failure at Stanford.
Wave QB
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:In 24 years of being a head coach, Buddy has never won more than 8 games in one season. That's pretty bad. The last time he won 7 games was in 1991. He went 7-2 and undefeated in the Ivy League with Dartmouth. That was the season that earned him a job at Tulane. Lol.
Damn.
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave QB wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:In 24 years of being a head coach, Buddy has never won more than 8 games in one season. That's pretty bad. The last time he won 7 games was in 1991. He went 7-2 and undefeated in the Ivy League with Dartmouth. That was the season that earned him a job at Tulane. Lol.
Damn.
Look out! Buddy and his Big Green are on a roll!

http://m.dartmouthsports.com/mobile/Vie ... m_id=11600
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Buddy did the Late Show last night with Stephen Colbert. He's going to be rich! Helped invent a mobile tackling dummy.
http://mobile.vnews.com/home/18932745-1 ... rt-tonight
Teevens will be bringing the Mobile Virtual Player, a prototype for a remote-control tackling dummy he’s helped develop that has been attracting national attention this fall for a possible application in reducing live-contact drills and concussions.
Teevens obtained a provisional patent last December for their automated tackling dummy, called the Mobile Tackling Target, to replace the static pop-up ones now used by players. The team hopes to hold an official patent within the year for the device, which last spring also landed them in the top three for the most inventive undergraduate student invention at the ‪Lemelson-MIT National Collegiate Student Prize competition. - See more at: http://engineering.dartmouth.edu/magazi ... ries#.dpuf
Tulane Class of 1981
JTLiuzza
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Buddy did the Late Show last night with Stephen Colbert. He's going to be rich! Helped invent a mobile tackling dummy.
Teevens will be bringing the Mobile Virtual Player, a prototype for a remote-control tackling dummy he’s helped develop that has been attracting national attention this fall for a possible application in reducing live-contact drills and concussions.
Teevens obtained a provisional patent last December for their automated tackling dummy, called the Mobile Tackling Target, to replace the static pop-up ones now used by players. The team hopes to hold an official patent within the year for the device, which last spring also landed them in the top three for the most inventive undergraduate student invention at the ‪Lemelson-MIT National Collegiate Student Prize competition. - See more at: http://engineering.dartmouth.edu/magazi ... ries#.dpuf
In related news, the Teevens' coached Dartmouth squad engaged 11 of the mobile dummies in a scrimmage. After a strong showing early on by Teevens' bunch, the dummies overtook them late to win by a score of 10-3. :D

I just had to. It was too easy.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Jaxwave
Swell

I thought every team already had mobile tackling dummies. They were just called something different....walkons.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JTLiuzza wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Buddy did the Late Show last night with Stephen Colbert. He's going to be rich! Helped invent a mobile tackling dummy.
In related news, the Teevens' coached Dartmouth squad engaged 11 of the mobile dummies in a scrimmage. After a strong showing early on by Teevens' bunch, the dummies overtook them late to win by a score of 10-3. :D

I just had to. It was too easy.
I was waiting for some comedy! Good job TJ! :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Too bad he couldn't invent an offense that work.
Jonathan
Riptide

Buddy Teevens thread. Are we desperate? Buddy Buddy he is our man! If Buddy cannot do it no one can! Seriously he left Tommy Bowden a few pretty good players to bring us to 12-0 and number 7 in the nation Tommy Bowden and Coach Rod made it happen with great coaching and team discipline which Tulane has not had since.