Shaun King

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Just saw where Shaun King got charged with a DUI, in the St. Petersburg Fla. area. Apparently, he pulled a cork and got behind the wheel.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Even on TMZ of all places...

Former NFL QB Arrested for DUI
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
gbgreenie
Surge

Comment from Shaun Kings Website.

He was a Consensus All-America pick as a prep quarterback at Gibbs High School in St. Petersburg. Though heavily recruited as a prep football star, chose Tulane for challenge of helping to revive a losing program.
gbgreenie
Surge

This shows Shaun on the Indianapolis Costs preparing for Sat. game. He would be a practice squad qb.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/p ... yerId=1803
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Liberty Bowl, the Bowl has selected the Top 10 moments / performances in Liberty Bowl history...each a special Poster...Shaun King's performance against BYU was one of the Ten selected
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

Shaun King convinced RR to stick around and coach the Liberty Bowl even after Cowen humiliated the man when he choose Scelfo. Perhaps King can once again do his alma mater a service by pushing for RR to become Tulane's next Head Coach. Or maybe I am just dreaming.
waverider
Ripple

Funny you should mention King...At the Gormley debacle against Army, Shaun King said to me, "I have called Army's games this year (for ESPN) and if we lose this game, Toldeo should resign tomorrow"...I can only imagine how he feels now...
gibnived8
Ripple

THAT WHOLE TEAM WANTED RR, AND I REMEMBER FOR THE HALL OF FAME INTRO VS. ARMY HE WAS YELLIN AT KEVIN MOORE
COChip
Low Tide

He's calling the Boise/TCU game. Showed him in the booth....dude must have gained 100 lbs...barely recognized him. Still love you anyway, Shaun!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nice article on Shaun commenting on current Tulane football.
http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/pm_29228 ... d=JiUQjRqi
Whoever is taking snaps, King said being able to play in an on-campus stadium is a boon to the program.

“I hated the Superdome,” King said. “I hated it for us. But we didn’t look at environment or location, we were just trying to win.”

King said Tulane is a university that can’t sustain big fan numbers in a venue fit for 73,000 spectators.

The plans for Yulman Stadium, a 30,000-capacity facility set to open in 2014, should take care of that and even with the fluctuation in its new conference, Tulane should reap reward from playing in the Big East in 2014 as well, King said.

“It’s financially beneficial for the football program, for the athletic department overall. That’s a plus,” King said. “The more dollars you can infuse into the program, the better experience you can create for the student-athlete. Where the Big East has lost its luster – it’s kind of in the same boat as Conference USA and the Mountain West as far as automatic qualifier for its champion – this BCS four-team tournament they are going to -- but I still think it will be a competitive enough conference where if you win it, you will still have consideration to win some sort of national award (championship).”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

I love @GreenWaveFB with all my heart but until the university does right by the players that helped shape it.........
https://twitter.com/realshaunking/statu ... 7373124608
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ELIMINATE me completely, it's EMBARRASSING we have a new stadium and @MattForte22 number isn't in the rafters....
https://twitter.com/realshaunking/statu ... 6140057600
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

--I visited with Tulane athletic director Rick Dickson before kickoff and he was beaming from ear to ear. The game-day atmosphere was tangible throughout the day on campus and the tailgate area in the quad was hopping. The official attendance was 25,470 and the student section was packed, as was most of the lower bowl. This kind of night was exactly what Tulane officials and supporters had in mind when they built the on-campus stadium.
Sorry, this one was from Jeff Duncan from the T-P, but thought it was worth pointing that while everyone from Shaun King to every single other Tulane fan was miserable tonight, Rick Dickson was "beaming". Must be another large direct deposit from TU to his bank account.
JerseyWave
Riptide

King is pissed that the legacy of Forte and Five Tulane QBs(King, Ramsey, Losman, Ricard, and Griffin) in a row that went to the NFL are not properly honored in the new Stadium.
Bigschtick
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:King is pissed that the legacy of Forte and Five Tulane QBs(King, Ramsey, Losman, Ricard, and Griffin) in a row that went to the NFL are not properly honored in the new Stadium.
They want their name embarrassed by including it in this stadium where we get whipped weekly?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
--I visited with Tulane athletic director Rick Dickson before kickoff and he was beaming from ear to ear. The game-day atmosphere was tangible throughout the day on campus and the tailgate area in the quad was hopping. The official attendance was 25,470 and the student section was packed, as was most of the lower bowl. This kind of night was exactly what Tulane officials and supporters had in mind when they built the on-campus stadium.
.....and then the game started.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Shaun King being hired to the USF staff, though his exact title has not been specified
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... hing-staff
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Shaun King being hired to the USF staff, though his exact title has not been specified
Probably, to oversee player Twitter accounts. He seems to spend a lot of time tweeting.
bananax07
Ripple

dpm wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Shaun King being hired to the USF staff, though his exact title has not been specified
Probably, to oversee player Twitter accounts. He seems to spend a lot of time tweeting.
no more than anyone else in the media. it's part of the job these days.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

out on a limb here, but I do not think King was hired as a Strength and Conditioning Coach... but then again...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:out on a limb here, but I do not think King was hired as a Strength and Conditioning Coach... but then again...

He can offer them advice on diet and nutrition.
swampnik
Surge

Great interview with Shaun King by Andrew A. to discover if you have not already. Da King is engaging and passionate has he shares his thoughts on the Years 96-98 and finished with some Buc stories. He touches on his remembrances of Rich Rod and Bowden, First game of 98, at Cincy Southern Miss game and Jeff Curtis, team being ready to take on all comers, Chris Redman winning MVP in 98, how Tulane could not get pass No. 10 ranking after other teams were falling, and how if Rich Rod would have been selected coach the 99 teams would have done well also and TU would have had a coach in it for the long haul. He finishes with a fatal call against the Bucs in Hawaii that ended up being the death knell for a few associated with the team though no fault of their own. Adndrew asks pertinent questions throughout and Shaun answers with clarity and humor but the only question that begged to be asked of him was: Could Tulane have beaten Tennessees for the national title in 98? I think if posed, Shaun would have answered with a "Hell Yes, knowing what I know where that team had been and done to that point."
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2020/5 ... rrent.aspx
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

A big flip of the BIRD to Andrew for his comments about (sic) "I'm happy for Rich Rod that it worked out better for him that he didn't become Tulane's HC." Shaun says that RR was about to become a long time Tulane HC, and Andrew puts his foot in his mouth as voice of Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:43 pm A big flip of the BIRD to Andrew for his comments about (sic) "I'm happy for Rich Rod that it worked out better for him that he didn't become Tulane's HC." Shaun says that RR was about to become a long time Tulane HC, and Andrew puts his foot in his mouth as voice of Tulane.
Yes on that. Shaun did say he thought Rich Rod would have stayed long-term with the Green Wave had he been chosen as he was expecting to have been.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:03 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:43 pm A big flip of the BIRD to Andrew for his comments about (sic) "I'm happy for Rich Rod that it worked out better for him that he didn't become Tulane's HC." Shaun says that RR was about to become a long time Tulane HC, and Andrew puts his foot in his mouth as voice of Tulane.
Yes on that. Shaun did say he thought Rich Rod would have stayed long-term with the Green Wave had he been chosen as he was expecting to have been.
Rich Rod would have left for UWV, his alma mater, as soon as they called. He would have been a better candidate, having been Tulane's HC, than he was when he got that call. But Andrew needs to smarten up about what he says when it comes to backhanded insults to Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V