Houston AD Chris Pezman is Out

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Bad news for Fritz. He will have to get results sooner then he first expected, new AD likes his guys.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kelly Comarda also. Better raise big NIL bucks.

UH at the bottom in finances.
UH’s operating budget was $81.5 million in 2022-23, which ranked last among teams in the four major conferences, according to the data tracking website Sportico. At the same time, UH remains one of the most subsidized athletic departments in the nation, with 71% of 2023 revenue coming from direct institutional support and student fees.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Green Wave

While UH has a huge student and alum base in the Houston area, they are notoriously unsupportive of UH--weak attendance and probably even weaker financial support. So, their financial plight is hardly new, but Pezman may have not been able to generate any incremental improvement. Alternatively, there are a variety of reasons he has been unceremoniously dumped--was he fishing from the company pond? or did he accidentally look cross-eyed at Tillman Fertitta? Whatever the reason, Fritz and others have been served notice that lightening can strike at any time at UH.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

an interesting or non interesting fact... Tillman Feritta, The Chairman of the Board of Regents for the University of Houston Education System, does not posses a "college degree"...he occasionally attended class at Texas Tech and UH but never graduated, Gawd help all of those tenured Tulane perfessers and Bored members if I ever got in charge I will have Jerry Lee Lewis theme song playin at every meetin' and FUN raisin' event.."Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WF gives thanks on the fair well.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Is Willie putting Kortne Gosha's name in the search committee's ears?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V