Michael Pratt

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm
Already posted by Steve above.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tufinal4 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 pm ESPN group just sang his praises, opined he will learn a lot in G.B. and then play somewhere else a la Purdy, and Kiper expressed exasperation that he lasted to round 7
Purdy was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers, the team he plays for. He was Mr. Irrelevant, the last player picked in the 2022 draft. He started games before his first season was over and passed a first-round pick on the depth chart by the end of his rookie season.

Green Bay has Jordan Love, who rode pine for a number of years waiting for Aaron Rodgers to move on. Pratt won't be in Green Bay long enough for Love to retire/move on. I think Green Bay makes no sense, and he'll have to beat out a 5th round pick from a year ago as a 7th round pick. But the weather won't be an issue until the last month or maybe two of the regular season. Pratt will be fine, his talent will shine through.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He was picked in the 7th round. I'll bet he's still in the NFL years after many players picked ahead of him, including some of the QB's picked the first two days. I'll bet at some point we're going to hear announcers say "I cannot believe they questioned his arm strength coming out of college." He throws a very accurate deep ball. Regardless of who is under center this fall, we're going to miss #7 who was a hell of a lot better than where he was drafted.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 pm
Not funny don't you guys think that when his name was not called by round 3 he was not happy and decided to go swimming to cool down. His ego was surely hurt I am sure!!! The rest is fake happiness.
HoustonWave
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:49 pm
Not funny don't you guys think that when his name was not called by round 3 he was not happy and decided to go swimming to cool down. His ego was surely hurt I am sure!!! The rest is fake happiness.
gbg reading minds again.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:09 pm

gbg reading minds again.
Common Sense on the biggest day in most of these athletes career if he was going in the early rounds knowing he would be on TV what athlete will be in the swimming pool.
Pepper
Swell

I remember Stan Brock went fishing and found out he got drafted in round 1 when he got back to the dock. Some players just don't have that massive ego.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GB scouting report.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... packers-qb
POSITIVES

— Good pocket toughness. Willing to stand in collapsing pocket and make throws.

— Functional athlete. Balanced, powerful runner. Can be used in short-yardage situations.

— Above-average touch accuracy. Shows the ability to put air under the ball and layer throws both over the middle and outside.

— Showed the ability to handle pre-snap operation with checks and protection calls.

NEGATIVES

— Below-average arm talent. Lumbering release with middling velocity on the ball.

— Often double-clutches and loses confidence when operating beyond first read.

— Below-average processing speed. Too many instances where he misunderstands coverage shells or loses sight of zone defenders moving post-snap.

OVERALL

Michael Pratt has all the qualities of a solid backup quarterback in the NFL, but he lacks the polish and high-end traits to be a developmental starter.

Pratt's toughness and aggressive mentality are the basis of his game. He is fearless in the pocket. At least a few times per game, Pratt will take a clean hit to ensure he delivers a ball where it needs to go. That toughness and team-first mentality will serve him well.

That mentality extends to Pratt's risk tolerance. He is an aggressive passer. Pratt always looks for angles to throw down the field if the pre-snap look from the defense allows for it.

Pratt is a somewhat functional athlete as well. He isn't quick or fast, but there is a degree of power and balance to Pratt's game that serves him well as a designed runner in short-yardage situations or in the red zone.

From an arm-talent perspective, Pratt is lacking. He has a lumbering release, and the ball does not pop out of his hand with good velocity. Pratt too often lacks the ball speed to make certain throws, especially outside the numbers, and he doesn't have a loose arm that can access different throwing angles.

Pratt's saving grace is his touch accuracy. Though not special in any way, Pratt does show the ability to layer throws over defenders.

At the same time, Pratt lacks the decision-making and vision that his four-year starter status suggests. Pratt too often fails to see defenders in the middle of the field or adjust to any post-snap rotations, be that by the safeties or blitz packages with defenders dropping off the line of scrimmage.

Pratt can be a useful backup in the NFL. His toughness, touch accuracy and moderate athletic ability should help him keep the ship afloat in a pinch. However, Pratt's uneven decision-making and lack of high-end traits limit his upside.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbg reading minds again.
That's a long swim! Round 3 ended late Friday night. Round 4 started at noon Saturday, so if he took a swim at the end of round 3 that would be about 18 hours in the pool.

So much for Newman and his "deep dive between-the-lines analysis",

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft ... rounds-6-7

Scroll to the 7th round where Pratt is selected and hear what's said about him. Just below the short write up, there's a video. Those who insist, through their "deep dive analysis" that he doesn't throw a good deep pass are contradicted by the "experts". I am no expert, but my eyes fully agree: Pratt throws a beautiful deep ball. I pray our 2024 starter can approach the accuracy of his deep passes because the opportunities will be there in this offense.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 am

gbg reading minds again.
That's a long swim! Round 3 ended late Friday night. Round 4 started at noon Saturday, so if he took a swim at the end of round 3 that would be about 18 hours in the pool.

So much for Newman and his "deep dive between-the-lines analysis",

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft ... rounds-6-7

Scroll to the 7th round where Pratt is selected and hear what's said about him. Just below the short write up, there's a video. Those who insist, through their "deep dive analysis" that he doesn't throw a good deep pass are contradicted by the "experts". I am no expert, but my eyes fully agree: Pratt throws a beautiful deep ball. I pray our 2024 starter can approach the accuracy of his deep passes because the opportunities will be there in this offense.
Wow, talk about dense, no kidding no one has your narrow thought process to bring out known facts and try to make someone look stupid you know what they call people like you!!! If you think with the pre draft hype Prattt was not disappointed putting on a happy face I have a bridge to sell you. Going through his mind all the what if he came out after the Cotton Bowl or if he came back next year.

The term “newman” appears in the Bible, particularly in the New Testament. Let’s explore its meaning:
The concept of the “newman” involves growth and maturity. It’s not merely a unilateral creation by God but a collaborative effort between God and humanity. As we walk the Christian path, we become more like the “new man” God intends us to be1.
GifWave
Ripple

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 pm
The concept of the “newman” involves growth and maturity.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GifWave wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 pm
The concept of the “newman” involves growth and maturity.
THIS.

Hello, Newman.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pratt will have a nice career similar to Ryan Griffin.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm Pratt will have a nice career similar to Ryan Griffin.
I believe he will have a better career than Ryan, more intangibles than Ryan. Be hard keeping him as a backup longterm.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
nawlinspete
Riptide

Congratulations Michael .

He signed his rookie contract last evening ( May 3 ) at just over a $1,000,000 a year for four years .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Ruski
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:50 pm Congratulations Michael .

He signed his rookie contract last evening ( May 3 ) at just over a $1,000,000 a year for four years .
Wonder if the NIL could've matched that for 1 more season and a real shot at the CFP
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:54 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:50 pm Congratulations Michael .

Wonder if the NIL could've matched that for 1 more season and a real shot at the CFP
I'm sure he could have gotten that somewhere, if not at Tulane. But I just got the feeling that Michael felt it was time to move on from College football and see if he's got what it takes to make it in the NFL. That is total speculation on my part, not based on any particular fact other than his disinterest in seeking a PG year at a high-profile Pee.
arkhou02
High Tide

Listening to reports out of Green Bay, he had a nondescript couple of days.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:58 am Listening to reports out of Green Bay, he had a nondescript couple of days.
Couldn't expect much during OTA's when he's a 7th round pick and 3rd at best on the depth chart. We'll see how he fares when they start scrimmages and whatever preseason the NFL is doing this year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Colston looked like he’d get cut by the Saints after rookie camp. Then he made a huge jump.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:07 pm Colston looked like he’d get cut by the Saints after rookie camp. Then he made a huge jump.
Dream on big difference Saints needed receivers, Pratt was brought in as a developmental project not as anything else. Give him time he will prove himself it won't be fast!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. It wasn’t a matter of Saints needing receivers. He made a very noticeable jump. Never said Pratt will start this year for them. They have an established starter ata position where only one plays. But he can make a jump and make the roster.