FAU AD Brian White hires Baylor assistant as it’s new MBB HC

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

John Jakus hired off of Baylor’s staff.
https://theathletic.com/5374341/2024/03 ... ed_article
What the Owls are getting in Jakus

Florida Atlantic athletic director Brian White
has already proven he has a knack for hiring great basketball coaches, and he’s made another great hire in Jakus. Jakus has played a huge role in Baylor’s offensive success the last few seasons and has also mentored the program’s guards. Baylor has had a top-10 offense each of the last four seasons.

Much like May, he’s able to connect with players and form strong relationships. Baylor has been exceptional in pick-and-roll basketball, and Jakus deserves a lot of credit for teaching Baylor’s guards the reads. FAU has landed another coach who knows how to run a space-and-pace attack. And they get someone who has learned from the very best in the sport about building a program, as Jakus worked under both Mark Few and Drew. — CJ Moore, college basketball staff writer

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Refreshing to see an AD that anticipated losing his coach, had a short list ready, and moved quickly to get the man he targeted. No need for hiring consultants and doing a long, drawn out "nationwide search." I would expect our AD, having moved from Tulane tradition, likewise has a short list for all the major sports HC positions.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am Refreshing to see an AD that anticipated losing his coach, had a short list ready, and moved quickly to get the man he targeted. No need for hiring consultants and doing a long, drawn out "nationwide search." I would expect our AD, having moved from Tulane tradition, likewise has a short list for all the major sports HC positions.
Absolutely. Was waiting for that exact response. Well written D!
That’s why I highlighted “AD”.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am Refreshing to see an AD that anticipated losing his coach, had a short list ready, and moved quickly to get the man he targeted. No need for hiring consultants and doing a long, drawn out "nationwide search." I would expect our AD, having moved from Tulane tradition, likewise has a short list for all the major sports HC positions.
Absolutely. There is no reason that any AD doesn't have a "go to" short list for all his/her major sports. Tulane likes to drag it out and use consultants because it helps them avoid accountability--gives them an out for not holding an incompetent AD like Dickson and Dannen accountable.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am
Absolutely. There is no reason that any AD doesn't have a "go to" short list for all his/her major sports. Tulane likes to drag it out and use consultants because it helps them avoid accountability--gives them an out for not holding an incompetent AD like Dickson and Dannen accountable.
hell I would like to recommend the following "consutant firm" to Tulane
'Golfnut69-HoustonWave-AusTxwave-TPS"....fees are very resonable
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's #1 on any competent AD's list is to have that short list ready at all times.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Citypark
Ripple

What could have been…

Only at Tulane