FTW Tulane NIL thread

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for your efforts and those of the others especially Jimmy and Kelly. Powerball is over half a billion. Get your tickets everyone.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

A great dinner last night and hopefully we do this as well for baseball.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed had Michael Arata on his show last night.
Incredible the amount of money they have raised so far approaching $5 million.
https://wgno.com/sports/fear-the-wave-m ... portszone/
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:56 am Ed had Michael Arata on his show last night.
Thank you so much for this link.... I suggest everyone spend 10 minutes it was very informative and well presented by Mr Arata....for those who can spare one dollar, send it to FTW.....with that, I will share a conversation I had many years ago with Kent mcWilliams, who was going to make a domantion for the new baseball scoreboard. Mr McWilliams actually made a donation large enuff to pay for the scoreboard, we we only asking for a partial donation. We thanked him for his generous donation, he thanked us. He told us two things, some schools have a million fans, who can only give a dollar each, that equals one million dollars, some schools have one fan who can give one million dollars,,,it is the same amount, but look at the fan base...he than thank us again for the amount of "time" we give Tulane, something he does not have enough of and is just as valuable
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:30 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:56 am Ed had Michael Arata on his show last night.
Thank you so much for this link.... I suggest everyone spend 10 minutes it was very informative and well presented by Mr Arata....for those who can spare one dollar, send it to FTW.....with that, I will share a conversation I had many years ago with Kent mcWilliams, who was going to make a domantion for the new baseball scoreboard. Mr McWilliams actually made a donation large enuff to pay for the scoreboard, we we only asking for a partial donation. We thanked him for his generous donation, he thanked us. He told us two things, some schools have a million fans, who can only give a dollar each, that equals one million dollars, some schools have one fan who can give one million dollars,,,it is the same amount, but look at the fan base...he than thank us again for the amount of "time" we give Tulane, something he does not have enough of and is just as valuable
Outstanding interview. So much so that I posted it in two different threads. I will contribute for sure. I’m amazed that they are on the verge of $5 million in the collective. That’s incredible.

Donate link;
https://ftwcollective.com/
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This is a really good interview and almost 10 minutes of discussion of projects in the works and continuity in the face of a coaching change. I wish I saw this last Sunday evening, it would have made for less agita this week. Oh well, it ended well, that's for sure!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:07 am
This is a really good interview and almost 10 minutes of discussion of projects in the works and continuity in the face of a coaching change. I wish I saw this last Sunday evening, it would have made for less agita this week. Oh well, it ended well, that's for sure!
Great stuff right there.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
puffy
Surge

Is there a method of establishing a recurring monthly payment via Paypal to FTW Collective?
RobertM320
Green Wave

puffy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:24 am Is there a method of establishing a recurring monthly payment via Paypal to FTW Collective?
Yes, if you go on the ftwcollective.com site, you can set your donation to be recurring, and you can select your payment as paypal.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
puffy
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:45 am
puffy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:24 am Is there a method of establishing a recurring monthly payment via Paypal to FTW Collective?
Yes, if you go on the ftwcollective.com site, you can set your donation to be recurring, and you can select your payment as paypal.
Thank you! Found the link on their website for the recurring donations.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:04 am
What a great and encouraging interview. One question--he comments on the build out of suites and seats in the Reilly Center end zone. Is that in addition to similar suites and seats that will be on the north endzone in conjunction with the Ops Center, which I thought was also going to have suites and seats overhanging the current endzone seats?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:15 am
What a great and encouraging interview. One question--he comments on the build out of suites and seats in the Reilly Center end zone. Is that in addition to similar suites and seats that will be on the north endzone in conjunction with the Ops Center, which I thought was also going to have suites and seats overhanging the current endzone seats?
In addition I think.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Great interview. I just gave again! What great guy to have as a fan, Mike Arata!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:42 am Great interview. I just gave again! What great guy to have as a fan, Mike Arata!
Not just a fan, a former player.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:15 am
Houston I think Ed confused him as he was talking about the new building and then Ed says Reily and he agrees. However, when he talks about the suites and then the bunkers he says the players will run out through the bunkers which will be in the north end zone where the new building is. It needs to be cleared up but I listened to that part to try and understand it and I believe he was talking about the north end zone solely.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I gave $350. Not much but what I can do right now. Anything helps as this is a critical time. Do what you can.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:22 pm I gave $350. Not much but what I can do right now. Anything helps as this is a critical time. Do what you can.
Awesome!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:22 pm I gave $350. Not much but what I can do right now. Anything helps as this is a critical time. Do what you can.
Exactly. give what you can. $100, $200, $300, $1,000, $10,000, $100,000. It adds up.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:37 pm
Exactly. give what you can. $100, $200, $300, $1,000, $10,000, $100,000. It adds up.
I sent a check, it is for 6 figures, if you count the two zeros following the decimal point.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
bbq666
Ripple

Can someone help me understand who Mike Arata is and why he is heading up this collective/so dang active all over twitter? Something doesn’t sit quite right with me about his intentions.. we really believe he doesn’t get any kickback for all this? Looked at his wiki and found he got convicted of fraud previously…
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

bbq666 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:50 pm Can someone help me understand who Mike Arata is and why he is heading up this collective/so dang active all over twitter? Something doesn’t sit quite right with me about his intentions.. we really believe he doesn’t get any kickback for all this? Looked at his wiki and found he got convicted of fraud previously…
The Case
https://www.nola.com/michael-arata-conv ... 51fc2.html

https://www.nola.com/news/new-orleans-l ... 0c5b0.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

bbq666 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:50 pm Can someone help me understand who Mike Arata is and why he is heading up this collective/so dang active all over twitter? Something doesn’t sit quite right with me about his intentions.. we really believe he doesn’t get any kickback for all this? Looked at his wiki and found he got convicted of fraud previously…
None of the three founders take a penny. They volunteer their time and efforts to help support Tulane Athletics. Michael is a standup person in spite of any past legal tax troubles.
If you feel otherwise then just donate to TAF.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:03 pm
None of the three founders take a penny. They volunteer their time and efforts to help support Tulane Athletics. Michael is a standup person in spite of any past legal tax troubles.
If you feel otherwise then just donate to TAF.
TPS....thanks for your reply...it speaks for many of us