FTW Tulane NIL thread

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

may I suggest, a FTW fund raising Golf tournament, complete with auction items, adult beverages, sum celebs, or pay extra to play on a 'celebs" team, get the Ladies Golf Team involved and allow them to captain a team..hell, maybe we can have Arch Manning appear, and charge for autographs !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:37 am may I suggest, a FTW fund raising Golf tournament, complete with auction items, adult beverages, sum celebs, or pay extra to play on a 'celebs" team, get the Ladies Golf Team involved and allow them to captain a team..hell, maybe we can have Arch Manning appear, and charge for autographs !
How about an 5 K race like the Blue Doo on Campus, get Saint and Pelican participation, Ms Benson would sponsor to raise money. Student Athletes can participate along side of registered runners. Refreshments and a greet and meet with coaches players as the race ends up in Yulman on Benson Field!!!
TXWave88
Surge

We need a Tulane Athletics golf tournament again. Follow golf's suggestions and could raise some good money. I would fly in every year for it. Make it a fun event where locals that aren't the biggest Tulane fans would want to be a part of the event. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Greeniegb
Swell

TXWave88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm We need a Tulane Athletics golf tournament again. Follow golf's suggestions and could raise some good money. I would fly in every year for it. Make it a fun event where locals that aren't the biggest Tulane fans would want to be a part of the event. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Not a golfer, need an event Student Athletes can participate in with those that run/walk. This would be an event to bond with the student athletes and have participation from our local professional athletes. After all this should be an Athlete motivated fund raiser event. Student Athletes can run in their uniform tops that will create conversation with other runners. Professional Athletes would be giving back to help college athletes at Tulane. This would be a unique event ending on Benson Field, even some High School athletes would show up to be with their favorite local Professional and College Athletes, during and after the run. Autograph along with greet and meet tables set up. An event focused on "New Orleans College Team" Ms Benson can market like the Crescent City Classic, make it a yearly event for the Wave.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I see where the non golfers, have issues with those who Golf...I have the solution...a PINS fund raiser...Bowling n Golf....Bowl the nite before, Golf the next day followed by an awards ceremony for both events
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:49 am
TXWave88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm We need a Tulane Athletics golf tournament again. Follow golf's suggestions and could raise some good money. I would fly in every year for it. Make it a fun event where locals that aren't the biggest Tulane fans would want to be a part of the event. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Not a golfer, need an event Student Athletes can participate in with those that run/walk. This would be an event to bond with the student athletes and have participation from our local professional athletes. After all this should be an Athlete motivated fund raiser event. Student Athletes can run in their uniform tops that will create conversation with other runners. Professional Athletes would be giving back to help college athletes at Tulane. This would be a unique event ending on Benson Field, even some High School athletes would show up to be with their favorite local Professional and College Athletes, during and after the run. Autograph along with greet and meet tables set up. An event focused on "New Orleans College Team" Ms Benson can market like the Crescent City Classic, make it a yearly event for the Wave.
I enjoyed the Tulane Golf Classic. The Greenbackers would come out and volunteer our time and resources once again if it were needed. We used to grill sausage po-boys for all the golfers on the 16th hole. Most of the coaches in all sports participated and usually rode a cart with the bigger donors. I think with Covid it fell by the waste-side. Last time I participated it took place at the renovated City Park Bayou Oaks course in 2018 prior to that it was at English Turn.
At its peak there were over 200 participants.

https://giving.tulane.edu/s/1586/Giving ... &post_id=0

https://giving.tulane.edu/s/1586/Giving ... t_id=10901
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

Haven’t bowled in years and was a lousy golfer. How about an Organized Drinking Parade. Tulane football used to make me drink. Now, it’s for pleasure 🏈😁
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jill Glazer stepping up for WBB
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Saw this quote in the Athletic today
It’s also not a coincidence that Pratt’s announcement was made with the Fear The Wave Collective Group, which has proven to be one of the strongest Group of 5 collectives. With the American Athletic Conference reshaping next year and an expanded College Football Playoff coming in 2024, Tulane is setting itself up well for the future. — Vannini
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Clearly the NIL money was absolutely critical in our recruiting and retaining key players. We're now known as one of the best G5's in terms of NIL money. That's rare air for Tulane, NIL may be ruining college athletics, but it's also skyrocketed to the top of the list of what's needed to recruit.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:53 am Clearly the NIL money was absolutely critical in our recruiting and retaining key players. We're now known as one of the best G5's in terms of NIL money. That's rare air for Tulane, NIL may be ruining college athletics, but it's also skyrocketed to the top of the list of what's needed to recruit.
I agree.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

FTW nearing the half million mark.
https://frontofficesports.com/tulane-nil-cotton-bowl/
Comarda noted that the spike occurred around the time Tulane qualified for the American Athletic Conference title game with a victory over Cincinnati — and news broke that coach Willie Fritz had been approached for the head coaching position at Georgia Tech.
Tulane Class of 1981
TXWave88
Surge

Outside of donations, are there any future fundraising events planned? I have brought up the old Tulane Athletics Golf tournament, but maybe this is something the collective could host. Donation to put a team in the golf tournament, maybe have players join teams, silent auction/raffle, etc. If done right, an annual event like this could raise good money to put in the NIL collective fund.

I know it takes a lot of work to host, but just throwing ideas out there.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TXWave88 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:38 am Outside of donations, are there any future fundraising events planned? I have brought up the old Tulane Athletics Golf tournament, but maybe this is something the collective could host. Donation to put a team in the golf tournament, maybe have players join teams, silent auction/raffle, etc. If done right, an annual event like this could raise good money to put in the NIL collective fund.

I know it takes a lot of work to host, but just throwing ideas out there.
Plan a massive Cotton Bowl Party Celebration. Invite all season tickets holders as well as the general public. Have the Tulane coaches there as guests of honor.
See to it that much of what is raised will go to NIL.
Charge $100 per person as a required donation and of course no limit above that one can contribute. New Orleans is a party town this would be a no brainer.
Just pick a big and safe venue with free and convenient parking Nola (Mardi Gras World) Northshore (Castine Center) or Kenner (Pontchartrain Center) if necessary.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Just gave again after making the regionals. Did the same after Cotton Bowl. And no I am not the new big donor. Might be just a few million short of him/her.
Show Me
Tsunami

Does anyone know if I can designate what sport I want my NIL donation to go to?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

One Call that’s All!
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:51 am One Call that’s All!
Seems I said something recently about the money being out there if you just make the calls.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOl. It's Bart's slogan. The true mega money people simply aren't there and Slatten told you so.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And again, I never said we had the people to make $30-$50M donations. But there ARE untapped donors out there. And they aren't limited only to alumni.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yes they could call everyone on the face of the earth. Genius. And again you did start listing people that you claimed could give large amounts despite some nebulous ties.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sslatten
Low Tide

Kelly and Jimmy have done a herculean job with FTW and arranging NIL deals for our student athletes. FTW has become one of the largest Collectives of any G5 schools.

Besides Kelly & Jimmy, many folks have made the calls, emails, sit downs, etc. to secure donations to fund these FTW/NIL deals. And understand, NIL deals for our top athletes are important, but also figuring out our future stars (those not playing a lot now but future starters) and securing NIL deals for them is equally important, to prevent transfer portal poaching.

Until FTW is funded with a generational gift/money, the constant cycle of donors making annual/monthly gifts to FTW is critical to our NIL deals and future athletics success. Don't think, well, I gave once so now I'm done. And yes, if you desire, you can dedicate your donation to a specific sport.

As someone who has made lots of calls on behalf of FTW. getting folks to donate their hard-earned money is not easy and not a job I would want to have to earn a living. People in that line of business have my utmost respect, as being told no, so many more times than being told yes, is extremely frustrating and demoralizing. For some, it's a lack of knowledge of NIL, for others it's a philosophical difference of opinion as to "paying" student athletes. The reasons are endless. You can't get mad, because you're asking folks to donate to a cause, and you just move onto the next donor. Trust me, potential donors are being actively pursued and we are all working hard to find some sustainable funding for FTW. And yes, Tulane is actively involved (as much as they are allowed to be) in this process.

Now, let's exact some revenge on the Mustard Buzzards Saturday; 1-0!