Prep Super League

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
arkhou02
High Tide

Looking to get these kids hurt. What an asinine idea.
anEngineer
Riptide

What could possibly be the benefit of that to anyone?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mods...merge this one with the one previously posted entitled "springing into high school football"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
msdos
Swell

they see all the money being thrown around in baseball summer leagues trying to get a piece of that pie

football is not baseball though and you really need a ton of support structure in place as it is full contact and requires proper equipment and training staff

this is a very stupid idea
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Why would a top recruit take the chance of a college career ending injury?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

msdos wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:32 am they see all the money being thrown around in baseball summer leagues trying to get a piece of that pie

football is not baseball though and you really need a ton of support structure in place as it is full contact and requires proper equipment and training staff

this is a very stupid idea
I'm curious about summer league baseball money being thrown around. Admittedly, it's been years since I've gone, but the few games of the highly regarded Cape Cod League I went to were VERY low-budget at ballparks that were nothing nearly as big or nice as Turchin.

But I agree with everyone else that thinks this is a dumb idea. My buddy's son played in a HS All Star Game and they had a week of practice and one game (CT vs RI). That was a week of torture for my friend who prayed frequently that his son not suffer an injury.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V