September 9, 2023 OLE MISS

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope the team has this game circled on the schedule for a number of reasons. The obvious is that it's our biggest OOC game and the best OOC brand we've brought to Yulman in a long time, if not ever. But for pride's sake, Tulane owes Ole Miss an ass-kicking.

Two years ago Fritz decided to allow anyone evacuated to Birmingham to travel with the team to Oxford. The visiting locker room, without air conditioning and small for 85 players, had to hold 125-130 people through an extended lightning delay. Meanwhile Ole Miss stayed loose in their IPF with the AC and plenty of room. Maybe we can conjur up a delay and have the AC mysteriously not working.

Logistically, how close to game day could this be moved to Friday night or even Thursday night?

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play the week before on Saturday so I don't think we want this game played on a short week. I'm sure the team has this game circled. We don't open with an FCS so we can't overlook that game and still win.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:21 pm We play the week before on Saturday so I don't think we want this game played on a short week. I'm sure the team has this game circled. We don't open with an FCS so we can't overlook that game and still win.
We played Houston (in Houston) last season on a short 6 day week, and SMU on a shorter 5 day week. Maybe we don't WANT to play them on a short week, but we did so against quality AAC opponents twice last year. Yes, Houston was on the road, they played the Saturday before as well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That was because of the TV contract. So unless a network picks it up I don't see us putting ourselves in that position.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm I hope the team has this game circled on the schedule for a number of reasons. The obvious is that it's our biggest OOC game and the best OOC brand we've brought to Yulman in a long time, if not ever. But for pride's sake, Tulane owes Ole Miss an ass-kicking.

Two years ago Fritz decided to allow anyone evacuated to Birmingham to travel with the team to Oxford. The visiting locker room, without air conditioning and small for 85 players, had to hold 125-130 people through an extended lightning delay. Meanwhile Ole Miss stayed loose in their IPF with the AC and plenty of room. Maybe we can conjur up a delay and have the AC mysteriously not working.

Logistically, how close to game day could this be moved to Friday night or even Thursday night?
I'm worried about USA being a trap game. We have no reason to be caught looking forward to Ole Miss. If we do, we could very well be 0-2 in the blink of an eye, and our expectations for the season will be crushed. South Alabama was 10-2 in the regular season last year. They lost AT UCLA by one point (32-31), and lost to Troy by 4 (10-6). This is NOT a game to be taken lightly. If they forget the 1-0 mentality, even for a second, it could ruin everything.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

247sports likes USA enough to put them in their top 30 teams.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:35 pm That was because of the TV contract. So unless a network picks it up I don't see us putting ourselves in that position.
Don't I remember you and others ripping Dannen for moving the game to Thursday last summer? I defended him saying it was his choice, but it was also part of the TV contract that we have a certain number of games on Thursday and Friday nights. Maybe my memory is off and it was 2 years ago, but Dannen made the move I'm referring to BEFORE ESPN made the request and everyone was up in arms about it. Nobody would accept that despite it being Dannen's decision, it was in fact a step towards fulfilling contractual obligations.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:58 am 247sports likes USA enough to put them in their top 30 teams.

two things...please send Carlos Marcello's nephew a recent/updated Tulane logo and UTSA could have been put in USA's spot without any issues, and damn glad we are playing them at home
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:58 am 247sports likes USA enough to put them in their top 30 teams.

two things...please send Carlos Marcello's nephew a recent/updated Tulane logo and UTSA could have been put in USA's spot without any issues, and damn glad we are playing them at home
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:11 am
winwave wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:35 pm That was because of the TV contract. So unless a network picks it up I don't see us putting ourselves in that position.
Don't I remember you and others ripping Dannen for moving the game to Thursday last summer? I defended him saying it was his choice, but it was also part of the TV contract that we have a certain number of games on Thursday and Friday nights. Maybe my memory is off and it was 2 years ago, but Dannen made the move I'm referring to BEFORE ESPN made the request and everyone was up in arms about it. Nobody would accept that despite it being Dannen's decision, it was in fact a step towards fulfilling contractual obligations.
No D that was about the season opener being on Thursday and suppressing attendance a couple of years ago. Hopefully the network doesn't move this game. It will be a short week and will hurt attendance.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:33 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:11 am
No D that was about the season opener being on Thursday and suppressing attendance a couple of years ago. Hopefully the network doesn't move this game. It will be a short week and will hurt attendance.
Moving it to Thursday or Friday would be a real curve ball for many of the Ole Miss fans planning on a trek down I-55.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:46 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm I hope the team has this game circled on the schedule for a number of reasons. The obvious is that it's our biggest OOC game and the best OOC brand we've brought to Yulman in a long time, if not ever. But for pride's sake, Tulane owes Ole Miss an ass-kicking.

I'm worried about USA being a trap game. We have no reason to be caught looking forward to Ole Miss. If we do, we could very well be 0-2 in the blink of an eye, and our expectations for the season will be crushed. South Alabama was 10-2 in the regular season last year. They lost AT UCLA by one point (32-31), and lost to Troy by 4 (10-6). This is NOT a game to be taken lightly. If they forget the 1-0 mentality, even for a second, it could ruin everything.
Nope, we will be sky-high for USA @ Yulman for the season opener (much as we were for FIU in 2019). 8-)
Ruski
Swell

Ole Miss, Tulane Listed Among 23 Most Captivating Matchups Next Season

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/foot ... 2023-games
Ruski
Swell

First video game simulation I saw of the game. Yulman looks great, full of Olive and Blue. Game predicts Tulane ranked 19 and Ole Miss ranked 20 going into it...

RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:57 am First video game simulation I saw of the game. Yulman looks great, full of Olive and Blue. Game predicts Tulane ranked 19 and Ole Miss ranked 20 going into it...

Did we win? Want to know before I buy tickets and all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:57 am First video game simulation I saw of the game. Yulman looks great, full of Olive and Blue. Game predicts Tulane ranked 19 and Ole Miss ranked 20 going into it...

A couple of minor complaints:
First second into it they have the wrong flag logo. Need to flip the logo at midfield. And our players always hand the ball off to the officials. :oops: :oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:17 pm

Did we win? Want to know before I buy tickets and all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didn't want to ruin the suspense! Tulane rolls 33-28!

Jha-Quan Jackson player of the game with 6 receptions for 124 yards and a TD.
Shaadie with 31 rushes for 161 yards.
Pratt 22/28 passing for 295 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT.

Defense wins the game with a forced fumble with 0:45 left as Ole Miss is driving down the field.
GreenRiver
Ripple

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:54 pm

First second into it they have the wrong flag logo. Need to flip the logo at midfield. And our players always hand the ball off to the officials. :oops: :oops:
And CJ is still the coach! :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenRiver wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:59 am

OMG I didn’t watch it all yet. Lol.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't expect any RB to get 30 touches until later in the season if/when one emerges as the go-to back. Last year, we didn't ride Tajae until the second half of the season and we already knew how good he was. I don't know if it was by design or not but he was healthy when it mattered the most. We have a very talented and deep stable of RB's. I'm very interested in seeing Duda Barnes and Trey Cornist play. Barnes was the local stud RB, and Cornist is legendary in his home state of Ohio, being his conference's player of the year 3x. Celestine is no slouch, and there are others as well.

But the simulation is nothing more than a fun distraction in the dog days of summer. Soon we'll have winwave's practice reports to tide us through to the opening game vs. a very good South Alabama squad. I wish we could jumpstart the kickoff countdown which is somewhere around 80 days!
Ruski
Swell

GreenRiver wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:59 am

And New Orleans has mountains that look like Utah! 🤣
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:57 am I don't expect any RB to get 30 touches until later in the season if/when one emerges as the go-to back. Last year, we didn't ride Tajae until the second half of the season and we already knew how good he was. I don't know if it was by design or not but he was healthy when it mattered the most. We have a very talented and deep stable of RB's. I'm very interested in seeing Duda Barnes and Trey Cornist play. Barnes was the local stud RB, and Cornist is legendary in his home state of Ohio, being his conference's player of the year 3x. Celestine is no slouch, and there are others as well.

But the simulation is nothing more than a fun distraction in the dog days of summer. Soon we'll have winwave's practice reports to tide us through to the opening game vs. a very good South Alabama squad. I wish we could jumpstart the kickoff countdown which is somewhere around 80 days!
It's gonna be really interesting to see how the touches get split. Celestine and Shaadie both really impressed me whenever they got the ball. Lots of cutting speed while running hard.

Shedro Louis had 15 TD's at Liberty and tons of speed, with a couple 96 and 97 yard return TDs.

Plus we know Fritz isn't scared to give the ball to freshmen. Like you said Barnes and Cornist in most years would be getting most of the hype in a Tulane lockerroom.

It's amazing to have the depth at position where we usually lose a guy or two.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Forever TU
Surge

Just FYI - spoke to the ticket office and single game tix for Ole Miss are going to be $50 Endzone and $100 for sideline (non Glazer). So you are much better off getting the family fun zone sesson tickets in the endzone for $77.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Forever TU wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:40 am Just FYI - spoke to the ticket office and single game tix for Ole Miss are going to be $50 Endzone and $100 for sideline (non Glazer). So you are much better off getting the family fun zone sesson tickets in the endzone for $77.
Ole Miss will likely have to buy season tickets to get a seat. 😳😳
Tulane Class of 1981