Tulane Loses to LSU 7-2-BR Regional

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:49 pm It's ridiculous to beat up on anyone in this game. We faced the best pitcher in college baseball in their park. LSU was top ranked all year for a reason. They are better than us.. If we are going to find a way to beat them, it's not against Skenes. Coach Uhlman used freshman pitchers to save arms, as he should have. They literally bounced all their pitches. Let's just re-group and move on.
We lost the minute Skenes was announced as starter. How did we save arms? We used 3 pitchers to get one out. Lombardi could have done that. I agree though. LSU is not as good as advertised. They get another easy draw as usual and breaks with OSU two starters out. Maybe Sam Houston St is capable of beating them.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:49 pm It's ridiculous to beat up on anyone in this game. We faced the best pitcher in college baseball in their park. LSU was top ranked all year for a reason. They are better than us.. If we are going to find a way to beat them, it's not against Skenes. Coach Uhlman used freshman pitchers to save arms, as he should have. They literally bounced all their pitches. Let's just re-group and move on.
Frustration from passionate fans. Nothing more.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's about a long line of bad decisions by him. That's the point. The kid was on fire. There was no reason to bring anyone else in. That truly saves arms.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:53 pm
We lost the minute Skenes was announced as starter. How did we save arms? We used 3 pitchers to get one out. Lombardi could have done that. I agree though. LSU is not as good as advertised. They get another easy draw as usual and breaks with OSU two starters out. Maybe Sam Houston St is capable of beating them.
+1
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:40 pm
Frustration from passionate fans. Nothing more.
This.
Pepper
Swell

Nobody is beating up on the players. They are a gritty bunch. It's the head coach who is learning on the job that people have a problem with. 60 games into the season and we are making day 1 baseball mistakes from the dugout.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here’s the tough part.
Lose the first game now you have to win 4 in a row (Tulane)
Win today and all you need is 2 in a row from here. (LSU)

Once they announced Skenes I too thought oh well there goes that. LSU has enough talent to win two more in spite of their pitching woes.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:18 pm Here’s the tough part.
From the LSU people I talked to today they aren't happy with JJ. He has no confidence in the rest of the arms and was not going to lose to Tulane or there would have been a meltdown in BR.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 pm
From the LSU people I talked to today they aren't happy with JJ. He has no confidence in the rest of the arms and was not going to lose to Tulane or there would have been a meltdown in BR.
Absolutely I heard that as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:35 pm
Pepper wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 pm
Absolutely I heard that as well.
I did too. The guys a damn good coach. He made the right decision. He now has Skenes lined up to pitch on full rest in the SR next Friday. He saw this as an easy Regional and knows they can hit their way through the rest of it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ECU up 7-0 over OU 4th on ESPN2
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981