Vandy announces major enhancements to baseball facilities

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://vucommodores.com/vandy-united-u ... ins-field/

Second grandstand level
Multiple innovative club spaces
Multiple private suite opportunities
360-degree stadium experience
Hawkins Field entry atrium
Multi-purpose building

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:21 am https://vucommodores.com/vandy-united-u ... ins-field/

Second grandstand level
Multi-purpose building
The rewards of competent university leadership and competitive success--and a need to find something to do with all the revenue flowing into the athletic program!! The upgraded facility looks like it will be completely enclosed.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Could we just get the one thing fans have clamored for since the original Turchin- a fully covered grandstand.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:58 pm Could we just get the one thing fans have clamored for since the original Turchin- a fully covered grandstand.
Exactly. All we got is a net that blocks your view now. Just wonderful.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:21 pm
winwave wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:58 pm Could we just get the one thing fans have clamored for since the original Turchin- a fully covered grandstand.
People pay a whole lot more to get a view of a net just like ours! Every MLB stadium has them if you watch any MLB.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:26 pm
People pay a whole lot more to get a view of a net just like ours! Every MLB stadium has them if you watch any MLB.
Right. They also have $100 million in other features. I’m sure the net extension was something Tulane put up to shield them from liability nothing more.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:06 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:26 pm
Right. They also have $100 million in other features. I’m sure the net extension was something Tulane put up to shield them from liability nothing more.
And there's something wrong with protecting your fans? Sorry, but most baseball fans don't even notice the net by the second or third inning, unless there's a ball that would have reached their seats.
RobertM320
Green Wave

You mean the SAME EXACT REASON 30 MLB teams put net extensions up?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:25 pm

You mean the SAME EXACT REASON 30 MLB teams put net extensions up?
Not to mention 62 NHL and AHL teams and thousands of hockey rinks around the country.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:58 pm Not to mention 62 NHL and AHL teams and thousands of hockey rinks around the country.
I recently noticed the hockey screens. They are huge. I remember when New Orleans had the minor league Brass. I took my son to a game and during warm-ups, there were pucks bouncing off the posts and into the stands all over the place. It was incredibly dangerous but the kids thought it was great. I was very uncomfortable about it and I don't think we went again.
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:42 pm
tpstulane wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:21 am https://vucommodores.com/vandy-united-u ... ins-field/

Second grandstand level
Multi-purpose building
The rewards of competent university leadership and competitive success--and a need to find something to do with all the revenue flowing into the athletic program!! The upgraded facility looks like it will be completely enclosed.
SEC is financing these improvements, we don't have SEC money!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:47 pm

Second grandstand level
Multi-purpose building
And we don't have SEC money, or any other significant conference money, because of the decisions Tulane's administration has consistently made over the last 70 years. We are our worst enemy.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:47 pm

Second grandstand level
Multi-purpose building
Duh. Tell us something we don't know, Gb.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

They are interested in competing so to do that you constantly need to improve facilities. Sec money or not. This is a must.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !