Joe Scheuermann

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Congrats to Joe and Delgado for winning the Region XXIII Miss-Lou tournament.

Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

+1
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Fred Dowler
Riptide

If anyone has been concerned -- the Delgado baseball team has been playing in Oklahoma not far from where the tornadoes have been -- Joe and the team have made it back okay.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just named new AD at Delgado...
http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river
"Joe Scheuermann has built an impressive reputation nationally as a brilliant coach and an outstanding teacher who helps his student-athletes find and stay on the path to success and personal fulfillment," Sullivan said in a news release. "That so many of his former players are enjoying success on and off the baseball field is a lasting testament to his caring nature and competitive spirit. What many people may not know about Joe is his keen sense of business that has built one of the nation's premier two-year college baseball programs. We are excited to see Joe put those skills to use as athletic director."

Scheuermann attended Delgado and was a baseball letterman under his father, winning conference championships in 1981 and 1982 before moving onto Tulane. Scheuermann won the team's leadership award and was team captain in 1984.

Following the completion of his college career, he went on to become one of Joe Brockhoff's assistant coaches at Tulane, where he coached until 1990, when his father retired and announced his son would take over.
Tulane Class of 1981
Fred Dowler
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Just named new AD at Delgado...
http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river
"Joe Scheuermann has built an impressive reputation nationally as a brilliant coach and an outstanding teacher who helps his student-athletes find and stay on the path to success and personal fulfillment," Sullivan said in a news release. "That so many of his former players are enjoying success on and off the baseball field is a lasting testament to his caring nature and competitive spirit. What many people may not know about Joe is his keen sense of business that has built one of the nation's premier two-year college baseball programs. We are excited to see Joe put those skills to use as athletic director."

Scheuermann attended Delgado and was a baseball letterman under his father, winning conference championships in 1981 and 1982 before moving onto Tulane. Scheuermann won the team's leadership award and was team captain in 1984.

Following the completion of his college career, he went on to become one of Joe Brockhoff's assistant coaches at Tulane, where he coached until 1990, when his father retired and announced his son would take over.
And sometimes Joe's a storm chaser, too.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new ... index.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:38 pm Good article on a great guy:

https://www.nola.com/sports/2019/04/one ... story.html
Joe is a "great guy"... I may be wrong, but I think, he, and many others, felt he should have been the Coach at Tulane when Joe B retired ...Joe knows the game, and he has never stopped learning, which is why he is so successful...my best wishes, to Him and his Family
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:43 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:38 pm Good article on a great guy:

https://www.nola.com/sports/2019/04/one ... story.html
Joe is a "great guy"...i may be wrong, but I think, he felt he should have been the Coach at Tulane when Joe B retired ...Joe knows the game, and he has never stopped learning, which is why his so successful...my best wishes, to Him and his Family
You're correct. He very much wanted the job. After that I was hoping he would get the UNO job but having played and coached at Tulane Maestri was never going to allow that. Big mistake on Mase's part.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

No disrespect meant to Scheuremann as I think very highly of him but Tulane made the right move in hiring Rick Jones when Brockhoff retired.
Jaxwave
Swell

Yes hard to second guess that hire.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

First pitch coaches conference yesterday at The Cannery.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:41 pm Region 23 Coach of the Year!
https://crescentcitysports.com/scheuerm ... tes-squad/
and Tulane has the 2023 "Dunce of the Year"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Kudos to Coach Joe S. He has built quite a solid program over there on mostly local talent. Mrs Benson donated over a million dollars to fund a two story baseball office facility for the team, coaches and umps to use. It’s should be ready in a few months. Go Dolphins. Many of their games are available online.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Season ends today. Dolphins fall a little short in their World Series quest.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

UCF is now a JUCO? Who knew?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson