Tulane Beats ECU 8-6 and Wins AAC Championship

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:35 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:04 pm After jumping on ECU with 3 runs in the top of the 1st, we suffer a pitching and defensive meltdown. After two innings ECU up 5-3. ECU scores 5 runs on 1 hit--assisted by 5 walks and 2 errors. Our 17-40 pedigree comes to the fore.
18-40
19-40!! :D

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Tulane shocks the world again. Baseball continues the Tulane 2022-2023 school year theme of "Outhouse to the Penthouse". Now we've got the greatest turnaround in FBS football history, and the first time in AAC history that the last seeded team wins the tournament.
Whenever the Tulane 2023 baseball season ever comes up in discussion again, all we have to say is "we won the AAC Tournament Championship--enough said". :o

And Ulhman just bought himself another year. Who knows, we might even keep some of our better players, as they'll be getting a ring now.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:36 pm Cue Jack Buck:”I CAN’T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW (All this week)!!!
cue Vern Lundquist
"In you life, have you ever seen anything like that" (and or this)
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
torbida
Surge

Wow, I think my life is complete. Kudos to pitching staff who grinded it out one more time
Last edited by torbida on Sun May 28, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

All the pain and long suffering years of unbelievable bad luck God has blessed the Wave this year! 🍀🍀 now let’s go win the BR Regional!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:55 pm Tulane shocks the world again. Baseball continues the Tulane 2022-2023 school year theme of "Outhouse to the Penthouse". Now we've got the greatest turnaround in FBS football history, and the first time in AAC history that the last seeded team wins the tournament.
Whenever the Tulane 2023 baseball season ever comes up in discussion again, all we have to say is "we won the AAC Tournament Championship--enough said". :o

And Ulhman just bought himself another year. Who knows, we might even keep some of our better players, as they'll be getting a ring now.
This win proves the character of Tulane Student Athletes being recruited now, no give up!!! Football now baseball miracle finishes excitement is high now for Tulane Athletics let's keep going, won's hurt chances of getting to a Power 5 Conference especially if we can go into Baton Rouge and pound the Tigers!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:03 pm All the pain and long suffering years of unbelievable bad luck God has blessed the Wave this year! 🍀🍀 now let’s go win the BR Regional!
OMG....TD gets to hang a banner in Turchin !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:26 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:03 pm All the pain and long suffering years of unbelievable bad luck God has blessed the Wave this year! 🍀🍀 now let’s go win the BR Regional!
Wow. I hadn’t even gotten that far. Incredible
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Selection show will air on espn2 at 11am central time
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:26 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cats are chasing dogs and water is running uphill, what's going on in this world?
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:55 pm Who knows, we might even keep some of our better players, as they'll be getting a ring now.

Take this for what its worth. This guy says he's Teo's brother. I checked his timeline and everything he's posted from way back involves Teo. Maybe he is, maybe he's not.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Future conference foe Charlotte also won their conference tournament today.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:35 pm Future conference foe Charlotte also won their conference tournament today.

At Rice's Reckling Park no less.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:28 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:55 pm Who knows, we might even keep some of our better players, as they'll be getting a ring now.

Take this for what its worth. This guy says he's Teo's brother. I checked his timeline and everything he's posted from way back involves Teo. Maybe he is, maybe he's not.

That's very encouraging, I hope it is legit. Teo is an incredible baseball player.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:47 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:28 pm

That's very encouraging, I hope it is legit. Teo is an incredible baseball player.
That would be great news.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:29 pm Tulane beats ECU 8-6 to win the AAC Tourney. Going to a Regional!
🏆⚾️😎
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Omg. No need to bring that up yet 🤬
Party time!
Roll Wave!!
Tulane Class of 1981
msdos
Swell

For all the negative things you can say about this season and coaching, Jay Ulhman took us to a regional in his first season

I’ll take a struggle season with a postseason bid anyway over a decent season and being left out in selection day
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's some highlights from Corey's game calls. The 5:50 mark is the caught stealing in the 9th and then the final out, if you don't want to listen to the entire thing.

RobertM320
Green Wave

Selection Show party

Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:59 pm Here's some highlights from Corey's game calls. The 5:50 mark is the caught stealing in the 9th and then the final out, if you don't want to listen to the entire thing.

Thanks, Robert…it was well worth listening and made it even better.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

I cannot believe what just happened.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Banks, Carmouche, Lambert and Schulz made the all-tournament team

Odd thing: Two 1B and no 3B.

Last edited by RobertM320 on Sun May 28, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.