Tulane run-rulesMemphis 12-2- AAC Tourney

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:49 pm
billow wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:45 pm It did happen! On to Saturday!
Where has THIS team been ALL season?
Apparently we are a “tournament team.” :D
RobertM320
Green Wave

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Had a busy night and didn't get to see it. WTG Green Wave! Finally get a win after winning the first game.

As for attendance at these tournaments. the only way is to play it on campus and even then all you get is attendance for the home teams games. I'd rather see the tourney's be done away with and just play one last weekend series. Let the regular season champ get the championship.
Last edited by winwave on Fri May 26, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We will play the winner of the Houston/Memphis game on Saturday at 11:45.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:32 pm Had a busy night and didn't get to see it. WTG Green Wave! Finally get a win after winning the first game.

As for attendance at these tournaments. the only way is to play it on campus and even then all you get is attendance for the home teams games. I'd rather see the tourney's be done away with and just play one last weekend series. Let eh rwgular season champ get the championship.
If they did that, we wouldn't be playing games that mattered right now, would we?

But I do think they could move it around.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:47 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:32 pm Had a busy night and didn't get to see it. WTG Green Wave! Finally get a win after winning the first game.

As for attendance at these tournaments. the only way is to play it on campus and even then all you get is attendance for the home teams games. I'd rather see the tourney's be done away with and just play one last weekend series. Let eh rwgular season champ get the championship.
If they did that, we wouldn't be playing games that mattered right now, would we?

I'm glad we are winning but these are meaningless. He should still be fired no matter the result. There's no excusing this disaster.
Pepper
Swell

I'm not sure what this obsession is with Clearwater. They never draw for baseball.

As far as our team, I can't figure these guys out.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:01 am I'm not sure what this obsession is with Clearwater. They never draw for baseball.

As far as our team, I can't figure these guys out.
Same here. And the weather is always crappy down there since it’s right near the water. The only thing I can think of is that the hotel tourism group must kick in money to host to attract visitors down there. At least when it was held down here at Zephyr it wasn’t embarrassing crowds. I agree with winwave that they should eliminate it altogether and give the automatic bid to the regular season champ. Imagine the look if the finals are 8th vs 7th place and 8th wins it. I hope we win it but it just doesn’t seem right to get a regional this way.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Friday, May 26
Game 9: No. 4 UCF vs. No. 1 East Carolina | 12 p.m. | ESPN+
Game 10: No. 6 Memphis vs. No. 2 Houston | 47 minutes after Game 9 | ESPN+

Saturday, May 27
Game 11: No. 8 South Florida vs. Game 9 Winner | 8 a.m. | ESPN+
Game 12: No. 7 Tulane vs. Game 10 Winner | 47 minutes after Game 11 | ESPN+
Game 13: No. 8 South Florida vs. Game 9 Winner (If Necessary) | TBD | ESPN+
Game 14: No. 7 Tulane vs. Game 10 Winner (If Necessary) | TBD | ESPN+

Sunday, May 28
Game 15: Semifinal Winners | 11 a.m. | ESPNEWS and ESPN+
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

The Wave wins the CT, makes a run to the NCAA FF for the greatest baseball turnaround in history, matching football's season!

ROLL WAVE!
GifWave
Ripple

Houma de Wave
Swell

Pep[u wrote:per post_id=253770 time=1685098[/u]893 user_id=73]
I'm not sure what this obsession is with Clearwater. They never draw for baseball.
Totally agree and I have been wondering about this for several years. If they awarded the regular season conference champion with hosting the tourney in addition to being the #1 seed, you'd have a lot of paying fans besides the parents and the few diehards...but, the "AAC Braintrust" won't ever do that.
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:51 pm
At the beginning of the game yesterday, ESPN+ was having a love affair with the other Dylan...Dylan Fowler of Memphis. How'd that work out?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:08 am
Pep[u wrote:per post_id=253770 time=1685098[/u]893 user_id=73]
Totally agree and I have been wondering about this for several years. If they awarded the regular season conference champion with hosting the tourney in addition to being the #1 seed, you'd have a lot of paying fans besides the parents and the few diehards...but, the "AAC Braintrust" won't ever do that.
That’s a good suggestion. It should be rotated at the very least.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ECU VS UCF 5-5 in the 7th
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

In another rain delay. :oops:
6-5 ECU 8th. Tarp is out.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:54 pm

I'm glad we are winning but these are meaningless. He should still be fired no matter the result. There's no excusing this disaster.
Now you're changing the topic. Who was talking about whether or not the coach should be fired? All I'm saying is, as of right now we have a chance to make a regional, which we wouldn't have if there was no conference tournament. Nothing more than that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:39 am Friday, May 26

Saturday, May 27

Sunday, May 28
Are these Central Time or Eastern Time?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:47 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:39 am Friday, May 26

Saturday, May 27

Sunday, May 28
Are these Central Time or Eastern Time?
CT
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:45 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:54 pm

Now you're changing the topic. Who was talking about whether or not the coach should be fired? All I'm saying is, as of right now we have a chance to make a regional, which we wouldn't have if there was no conference tournament. Nothing more than that.
Pretty obvious that if the run continues TD will use it as cover for retaining him so it was on topic. No matter it still doesn't change the fact that conference tournaments should be done away with in all sports. The regular season should rule the day. On top of that many deserving teams get left out of the fields of 64 because some bad team pulls an upset in the CT. If we were on the bubble in basketball and baseball and missed out because there were a large number of upsets in conference tourneys you'd be mad as hell.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I completely agree with you that conference tournaments should be done away with. 100%

I wouldn't even have an issue with the tournament still being played but the regular season champ gets the auto bid. Would still allow for a bubble team to improve their chances.

And no, your comment was NOT on topic, because NO ONE was discussing the coach, a possible coaching change, or how winning the tournament would affect that. The comment was that, as of right now, these games give us a chance to make a regional. If there was no tournament, we wouldn't have that opportunity.

Regardless of what you think of the coach, (I think he needs to be fired), if we're on the field with an opportunity to make the regional, I'd rather we make it than not make it. And anyone who doesn't isn't really a true Tulane fan.
anEngineer
Riptide

You will never see tournament going to whoever the regular season champ is. It could be decided on the last weekend and there is just not enough time to set that up. Also, does Greenville, NC even have enough hotel rooms to be a host?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:29 pm I completely agree with you that conference tournaments should be done away with. 100%

I wouldn't even have an issue with the tournament still being played but the regular season champ gets the auto bid. Would still allow for a bubble team to improve their chances.

And no, your comment was NOT on topic, because NO ONE was discussing the coach, a possible coaching change, or how winning the tournament would affect that. The comment was that, as of right now, these games give us a chance to make a regional. If there was no tournament, we wouldn't have that opportunity.

Regardless of what you think of the coach, (I think he needs to be fired), if we're on the field with an opportunity to make the regional, I'd rather we make it than not make it. And anyone who doesn't isn't really a true Tulane fan.
Like I said it was clearly on topic as its part of what it could lead to. Now you went off topic by implying people here aren't pulling for Tulane. It's clear everyone here is rooting hard for them to pull the shocker.