Jadon Canady

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Has entered the transfer portal. He wasn't likely to play next season but he is a big loss to the program. I hope he has a full recovery.

Last edited by winwave on Fri May 26, 2023 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Wow. Didn't expect this. Are we to assume that his injury is worse than we expected (or, at least worse than I expected) and that it is questionable that he will have a full recovery?

He was a gamer.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He also tore meniscus and had other ligament damage per Guerry Smith.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It is a huge loss. In my book he was MUCH better than Monroe, and our opponents knew it. I wish Jadan well and hope he makes a full recovery. But I think he was our best CB, hands down.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

When healthy, he was probably our best CB but he's not yet healthy, so who knows.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He is going to Ole Miss:

Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:52 pm He is going to Ole Miss:

They probably paying him for his playbook and knowledge of what we do on offense. I don’t trust Kiffin one bit.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:11 am
winwave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:52 pm He is going to Ole Miss:

They probably paying him for his playbook and knowledge of what we do on offense. I don’t trust Kiffin one bit.
I'm sure he's doing well in the NIL money, don't know that db's get an offensive playbook, but he seemed to be a smart player (and our best db)so he might help the scouting some. The bigger question is this: will he be healthy to play on September 9th?
Jaxwave
Swell

I met his grandfather here in Jacksonville a couple of years ago in my Dr’s waiting room. He had a Tulane hat on so I struck up a conversation. I asked him how Jason liked Tulane. He said he loved the coaches and Willie. He told me he and his parents wanted a Tulane diploma. He is a good student. It surprises me that he left.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:48 am I met his grandfather here in Jacksonville a couple of years ago in my Dr’s waiting room. He had a Tulane hat on so I struck up a conversation. I asked him how Jason liked Tulane. He said he loved the coaches and Willie. He told me he and his parents wanted a Tulane diploma. He is a good student. It surprises me that he left.
He probably likes the Benjamin’s more $$$
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

OUCH!
Where is Lionel Washington when you need him? Hire him as an analyst & get him on the field to school our DB's on playing cover zero.
I sound like a broken record , But if we can't retain our best CB who has basically been playing multiple variations of zone defenses since he arrived on campus, then he absolutely made the right choice and it should be a disturbing insight into which position coaches have not been poached.
I am all for playing an aggressive defense, it's a beautiful thing to watch, but without very good play & roster depth at interior DL & the ability to play & credibly show cover 0, we'll need to score a lot of points this season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I thought we were the opposite of aggressive D last year. In my opinion we played to not get burned by the big play, keep everything in front of you, and make the other team have perfect, long sustained drives without shooting themselves in the foot. Thus USC methodically drove the ball, taking 9:25 off the clock on their first drive, for example. We couldn't put a hand on Williams and he picked our D apart. Took so damned long for them to score that Tyjae didn't get the Cotton Bowl rushing record he would have had if the TOP wasn't so lopsided. But I wander off the subject! In my view we were all about avoiding the big play on D last year.

And Canady was definitely our best DB. I may be wrong but I think Monroe got votes that ignorant voters cast after watching Canady weeks or months before they voted.
anEngineer
Riptide

Yes, Canady was the best corner, but he got hurt. He may eventually be the same player but no time soon. I don't know why everyone is constantly beating up on Monroe because of it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Canady won't be ready for that game.
wave97
Swell

Jadon Canady is on the Ole Miss roster because we are not developing key position groups to execute very difficult techniques (Cover Zero DB's & 2Gap DL). They need to be part of the DC's Kit and deployed effectively, or they won't work. If you see a pre-snap cover zero being deployed with D-Lineman crowding the LOS look at the QB's eye's on a close up view. Pure fear.
Jadon Canady will learn how to play man-t0-man. I am happy for him and wish him a long and healthy career in the NFL.
We were lucky that USC was that bad defensively.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:44 pm Yes, Canady was the best corner, but he got hurt. He may eventually be the same player but no time soon. I don't know why everyone is constantly beating up on Monroe because of it.
Because it was a clear drop off when Monroe took over for an injured Canady. Other teams knew it and went after him. The fact that he was all AAC was absolutely astounding.
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:28 pm
anEngineer wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:44 pm Yes, Canady was the best corner, but he got hurt. He may eventually be the same player but no time soon. I don't know why everyone is constantly beating up on Monroe because of it.
Because it was a clear drop off when Monroe took over for an injured Canady. Other teams knew it and went after him. The fact that he was all AAC was absolutely astounding.
He had a bad game in the first UCF matchup, but was really good otherwise.
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:32 pm It is a huge loss. In my book he was MUCH better than Monroe, and our opponents knew it. I wish Jadan well and hope he makes a full recovery. But I think he was our best CB, hands down.
He wasn't going to be 100% this season anyway. Hopefully he can fully recover in time for the 2024 season.