Number Two

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Michael Pratt second best AAC QB . . So says Athlons' just released 2023 magazine .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:32 pm Michael Pratt second best AAC QB . . So says Athlons' just released 2023 magazine .
That's a publication I stopped buying over 20 years ago when I was reading it and said "These guys don't know anything more than the average well read football fan." Their NFL magazine is hilarious to read about 3 weeks into the season.

I know it's been around and is well regarded by some, but to me Athlon's is a source of information but by no means "expert" insight. They're "experts" because they call themselves that. With all that said, the UTSA QB is damned good. Athlon's is not the only place he's touted as the top QB in the AAC.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:33 am
nawlinspete wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:32 pm Michael Pratt second best AAC QB . . So says Athlons' just released 2023 magazine .
That's a publication I stopped buying over 20 years ago when I was reading it and said "These guys don't know anything more than the average well read football fan." Their NFL magazine is hilarious to read about 3 weeks into the season.

I know it's been around and is well regarded by some, but to me Athlon's is a source of information but by no means "expert" insight. They're "experts" because they call themselves that. With all that said, the UTSA QB is damned good. Athlon's is not the only place he's touted as the top QB in the AAC.
Not just Athlon's SI has Pratt 2nd behind Harris also. Has Pratt as #24 QB in the country and Harris at # 22. Our game with UTSA will be interesting Harris against Pratt.

24. Michael Pratt, Tulane
2022 stats: 3,010 yards, 63.6%, 27 TDs, 5 INTs

Pratt opted to stay in school after leading the Green Wave to a thrilling 46-45 win in the Cotton Bowl Classic last season. Pratt combined efficiency in the passing game with 478 rushing yards and 10 TDs. Pratt's 394-yard, four-TD performance in the American Athletic Championship game was arguably his finest performance. At 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, Pratt is attracting NFL Draft buzz for next season. Quarterbacks coach Slade Nagle was promoted to offensive coordinator in the offseason, and that should lead to similar production in 2023.

22. Frank Harris, UTSA
2022 stats: 4,063 yards, 69.6%, 32 TDs, 9 INTs

Harris has been a hit for most of the last three seasons with Jeff Traylor in UTSA's offense. Harris has 61 TD passes and just 21 interceptions the last three seasons, and he averages 565 rushing yards and eight TDs in that stretch. Harris has led the Roadrunners to back-to-back Conference-USA championships, and his return makes UTSA a legit New Year's Day Six buster.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA1bjaRc
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:02 am
Not just Athlon's SI has Pratt 2nd behind Harris also. Has Pratt as #24 QB in the country and Harris at # 22. Our game with UTSA will be interesting Harris against Pratt.

24. Michael Pratt, Tulane
2022 stats: 3,010 yards, 63.6%, 27 TDs, 5 INTs

Pratt opted to stay in school after leading the Green Wave to a thrilling 46-45 win in the Cotton Bowl Classic last season. Pratt combined efficiency in the passing game with 478 rushing yards and 10 TDs. Pratt's 394-yard, four-TD performance in the American Athletic Championship game was arguably his finest performance. At 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, Pratt is attracting NFL Draft buzz for next season. Quarterbacks coach Slade Nagle was promoted to offensive coordinator in the offseason, and that should lead to similar production in 2023.

22. Frank Harris, UTSA
2022 stats: 4,063 yards, 69.6%, 32 TDs, 9 INTs

Harris has been a hit for most of the last three seasons with Jeff Traylor in UTSA's offense. Harris has 61 TD passes and just 21 interceptions the last three seasons, and he averages 565 rushing yards and eight TDs in that stretch. Harris has led the Roadrunners to back-to-back Conference-USA championships, and his return makes UTSA a legit New Year's Day Six buster.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA1bjaRc
Nothing I haven't read. And there's been no shortage of publications touting Harris. So much so that I'm interested to see him play. He didn't look all that impressive in the Cure Bowl. Then again, Pratt completed 8 passes in the Cotton Bowl and wasn't close to being on the same level as Caleb Williams. But he got the win, which is more important for us Wave fans.

I've read that line about Pratt opting to "stay in school" a few places and think it's BS. Pratt was approached (they call it "tampering" in the NFL) by schools, most notably the one with the golden dome, about transferring after graduating. A more accurate statement would be "Pratt decided to stay at Tulane despite being illegally recruited by higher profile programs after his 4th year. I don't think he was considering declaring for the draft, had he done so he might have gone undrafted in 2023. He now has a chance to play his way into a very high draft pick.

GBG if you keep putting everything in bold because of the background, play with the resolution setting FOR THIS SITE. It's annoying as hell, almost as much as copying/pasting the same stuff in multiple threads, which, thankfully, you've cut back on.
arkhou02
High Tide

Screw Athlon’s.
GifWave
Ripple

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wonder how many QB's are coming back to their programs this fall with more starts than Harris? Pratt has started 33 games, Harris 43. Harris had two seasons he did not play and a third that he played 4 games and got a medical red shirt to go with his two others!

If the figures I read are accurate, Pratt (@$266k) makes about $80k more than Harris ($186k). Caleb Williams pays more in taxes than either of them make!