Tyjae Spears

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

I got a lot of hate on Twitter and here for posting that, and I’m pretty sure they’ll be the chickenshit ones who will either backtrack or spout off some other bullshit and try to argue that’s it’s still not true.

🤡🤡🤡

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:54 pm I got a lot of hate on Twitter and here for posting that, and I’m pretty sure they’ll be the chickenshit ones who will either backtrack or spout off some other bullshit and try to argue that’s it’s still not true.

🤡🤡🤡
No doubt. Happens a lot here for sure.
People that called out Jax should apologize because he had the correct info. And kudos to Stephen for having the confidence and guts to tweet it out and not delete any posts here or on Twitter. Once again GoTula sources are second to none!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:32 pm Good scoop Jaxwave!
Tyjae has no ACL is confirmed
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023 ... ae-spears/
Ian Rapoport reported on the NFL Network that Spears suffered two torn ACLs in his past. At the NFL Combine, tests revealed a full thickness cartilage loss, and no ACL in his knee. Additionally, Spears has arthritis. Rapoport said it's unclear how long he will be able to play in the NFL, and even openly wondered if Spears could be a "one-contract guy."
Funny like the NFL Testing kept the Titans in the dark, once again this story seems mighty fishy, lol
Does not make this true, could have run with the false info, time will tell. I had arthritic knees at 40 years old. Today at 68 I am a Senior Olympic runner 5 and 10K. Gym workouts, nutrition and turmeric have increased cartilage in my knees that were worn badly 20 years ago. The good lord has given us bodies that heal themselves with the proper natural cures stay away from meds.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:13 am
Ian Rapoport reported on the NFL Network that Spears suffered two torn ACLs in his past. At the NFL Combine, tests revealed a full thickness cartilage loss, and no ACL in his knee. Additionally, Spears has arthritis. Rapoport said it's unclear how long he will be able to play in the NFL, and even openly wondered if Spears could be a "one-contract guy."
Funny like the NFL Testing kept the Titans in the dark, once again this story seems mighty fishy, lol
Does not make this true, could have run with the false info, time will tell. I had arthritic knees at 40 years old. Today at 68 I am a Senior Olympic runner 5 and 10K. Gym workouts, nutrition and turmeric have increased cartilage in my knees that were worn badly 20 years ago. The good lord has given us bodies that heal themselves with the proper natural cures stay away from meds.
You put your foot in it with that post. Do you even realize each team is responsible for its own medical evaluation? The Titans either dropped the ball or they may feel he’s worth the risk.
I posted this earlier in the tread. The reason the Saints got Drew Brees is because Miami medical had a different evaluation and didn’t think he could recover from his injury. The Saints medical had a completely different opinion and signed him.
Ian Rapoport is one of the most respected people in the know in all of FB. He constantly breaks stories. His sources are second to none. I trust he knows what he’s talking about here again. He’s not going to report that Ty has no ACL unless he has medical proof. He’d be run out of town and sued bigtime if that turned out false.
In the end Tyjae was still drafted high and overcame astronomical odds with two ACL injuries on the same knee. God bless him and I hope he continues to shine in the NFL. There’s no shame in reporting his ACL issue.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

Titans Press Conference, report on Tyjae said sources did not confirm the sources of rumors. Titans don't appear to know anything negative about Tyjae's health in their press conference. They are very pleased that Tygae is a 3 down back. Let's wait until the NFL confirms sources. Heres the press conference.

-Carthon and Vrabel both discussed the selection of Spears, who ran for 1,581 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2022 for the Green Wave, averaging 6.9 yards per carry. "He's a three-down runner," Carthon said. "He can run between the tackles. He's elusive, and he can make guys miss as well as contribute in the passing game. He catches the ball well out of the backfield, is a good route-runner. Just another guy who can do it all for us, and you can put him in the game in any situation." In four college seasons, Spears ran for 2,910 yards and 31 touchdowns while also catching 48 passes for 564 yards and three scores. "He played a lot of really productive snaps," Vrabel said when asked about the running back's health. "He didn't miss much time at all. He was a full participant throughout the week at the Senior Bowl. I think both of us are comfortable with where we're at with Tyjae and what his availability will be moving forward."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The point holds that when it was posted here it was as Steve said an unconfirmed rumor. That's why people were upset that he took it to twitter before he was picked. Let jax go on twitter if he was confident in his source but there was no need for this site to put it out there while it was still unconfirmed.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:34 am Titans Press Conference, report on Tyjae said sources did not confirm the sources of rumors. Titans don't appear to know anything negative about Tyjae's health in their press conference. They are very pleased that Tygae is a 3 down back. Let's wait until the NFL confirms sources. Heres the press conference.

-Carthon and Vrabel both discussed the selection of Spears, who ran for 1,581 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2022 for the Green Wave, averaging 6.9 yards per carry. "He's a three-down runner," Carthon said. "He can run between the tackles. He's elusive, and he can make guys miss as well as contribute in the passing game. He catches the ball well out of the backfield, is a good route-runner. Just another guy who can do it all for us, and you can put him in the game in any situation." In four college seasons, Spears ran for 2,910 yards and 31 touchdowns while also catching 48 passes for 564 yards and three scores. "He played a lot of really productive snaps," Vrabel said when asked about the running back's health. "He didn't miss much time at all. He was a full participant throughout the week at the Senior Bowl. I think both of us are comfortable with where we're at with Tyjae and what his availability will be moving forward."
Obviously they didn’t do medical test on his knees like other teams did or if they did they were willing to risk it. . That’s why that story broke after he was drafted so high. I personally think Tyjae will shine and the fact that he has no ACL or anything less is not going to stop him.

The Saints recently discovered cancer on NFL tight end Foster Moreau. He was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma during a certain exam in Metairie. No other team discovered it prior. Thankfully the Saints medical did.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

The story is true verified by NFL, Tulane Dr, Tyjae’s agent. The fact that the story is on this forum is irrelevant. The NFL teams have this info. And guess what, it didn’t prevent the Titans from taking him in the third round as the 81st pick and 5th RB taken. Great news!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:46 am The story is true verified by NFL, Tulane Dr, Tyjae’s agent. The fact that the story is on this forum is irrelevant. The NFL teams have this info. And guess what, it didn’t prevent the Titans from taking him in the third round as the 81st pick and 5th RB taken. Great news!
Exactly!
Mel Kiper Jr just spoke extremely highly of Tyjae. Said he’s going to be one of the best RB’s in the league as long as he stays healthy. 🙏🙏
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:13 am
You have nothing athletically or physically in common with Spears.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't care if you were right or wrong about Tyjae. I think it's irresponsible to post rumors that can cost our players hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars. Call me a chickenshit, I'll gladly wear that title for trying to protect the interests of our players. Pound your chest for being right, woohooo, hurray for Steve and Jax they were so right. And we all know that at GoTula.net that's much more important than the future of a young man that gave his heart and soul to our program.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NotJtS
Low Tide

Aww, winwave and DfromCT. How cute.

Dave breslin
Swell

Tyjae 👍!!! Thanks for the entertainment you gave us for your Superman performance. Good luck with your new team except if you’re playing against the Saints 😁
Show Me
Tsunami

Congrats to Mr Spears he’s going to an organization that favors Tulane players. They drafted or acquired quite a few Tulane players over the years including Roydell Williams, Troy Kropog, Dontrell Hillard and John LeGlue.
As far as the info that Jax posted here just because some here thought it was a rumor doesn’t mean it should be deleted or not posted. Jax obviously had a good source otherwise he would have not posted. There are certain posters here that consistently build their creditability whereas others continue to make fools of themselves. I remember the same stuff posted about Fritz was going to GT. That actually turned out to be wrong. Should all those posts had been deleted? Did that leak cost WF $$$? A message board is open for discussion and Twitter is an extension of information as well. Obviously it didn’t cost Spears a penny.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:46 am The story is true verified by NFL, Tulane Dr, Tyjae’s agent. The fact that the story is on this forum is irrelevant. The NFL teams have this info. And guess what, it didn’t prevent the Titans from taking him in the third round as the 81st pick and 5th RB taken. Great news!
The Titans were clear after the pick that they did not know that. If they verify it it is going to be very costly to Tyjae. Here's uyour post saying it was the NFL medical that told Tyjae:

Jaxwave
Swell
Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:33 pm

Guys, Tyjae got some rough news this week from NFL medical. After his second ACL surgery, he no longer has an ACL in that knee.

Yet when questioned after the pick they said they didn't know . Well if it was NFL medical all 32 teams would have it. They didn't.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:29 am I don't care if you were right or wrong about Tyjae. I think it's irresponsible to post rumors that can cost our players hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars. Call me a chickenshit, I'll gladly wear that title for trying to protect the interests of our players. Pound your chest for being right, woohooo, hurray for Steve and Jax they were so right. And we all know that at GoTula.net that's much more important than the future of a young man that gave his heart and soul to our program.
Exactly. At the time Steve put it on twitter it was an unconfirmed rumor as he admitted himself. This is not a much traveled site and doesn't compare at all to the massive presence twitter has. You don't do this to one of your own. That's why he received so much vitriol. Other fan bases would stone you to death or burn your house down for doing this stupid shit. All in the the hopes of being a glory hound and now reveling in Tyjae's misery. I doubt many here are on twitter. On a daily basis Steve takes post from here and puts them on twitter to try and drive more traffic here. I'm sure there are some who would not appreciate it being taken from here in a small community and put out in that massive medium. So just want people to be aware of what is going on.

This doesn't equate to the Drew Brees story at all. Everyone knew of Drew's injury. There was a different perspective taken by the Dolphins and Saints as to how it would affect his performance going forward. In this instance teams didn't know this if it is true. It's clear the Titans didn't have it and no that's not on them. If other teams had it it would have been put out and everyone would have known after all the buildup he had going into the draft.

Bottom line is that at the time it was put on twitter under this forums name it was an unconfirmed rumor. Instead of driving traffic here it put a stain on the site and in effect all the regular posters who participate here. You just don't do this to one of your own under any circumstance. If he wanted to do that it should have been under his own name not the Forum's.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NotJtS wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:48 am Aww, winwave and DfromCT. How cute.

It's the homophobes that usually turn out to be the homo's.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You were a pure joy to watch. Hope it turns out well for you.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:04 am
The Titans were clear after the pick that they did not know that. If they verify it it is going to be very costly to Tyjae. Here's uyour post saying it was the NFL medical that told Tyjae:

Jaxwave
Swell

Guys, Tyjae got some rough news this week from NFL medical. After his second ACL surgery, he no longer has an ACL in that knee.

Yet when questioned after the pick they said they didn't know . Well if it was NFL medical all 32 teams would have it. They didn't.
So Jax has better sources than the Titans? Hilarious.
TURVS71
Swell

All I have to say is that just imagine WHAT kind of player he would have been has he had his “missing” ACL. The ACL is needed for making sharp cuts and for acceleration. So if spears played all season without his ACL he is one amazing kid!. And the internet most of the time is a “rumor” based platform. I am sure the executives of the Titans consulted this site and used this information to come to their decision to draft him in the 3rd round!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:28 am
winwave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:04 am

Jaxwave
Swell

So Jax has better sources than the Titans? Hilarious.
There's nothing hilarious about the situation at all. He claimed NFL medical had this. Thus all 32 teams would have had it. They didn't so it hasn't truly been confirmed even at this point .It may well get confirmed but that will never have made it right to put it out there on your own player before it came to light.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Well, at least he can't tear that ACL again. How he does what he does on the field without an ACL is something the medical experts need to figure out. He was a workhorse this past season, and clearly can perform with or without an ACL. His biggest financial risk will be the guaranteed portion of his contract. Let Tyjae buy insurance, and at the end of each season that he completes, the Titans should reimburse him the premiums for that season's coverage--if he can holdup throughout the contract neither he, nor the Titans, have lost anything financially.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:26 am Well, at least he can't tear that ACL again. How he does what he does on the field without an ACL is something the medical experts need to figure out. He was a workhorse this past season, and clearly can perform with or without an ACL. His biggest financial risk will be the guaranteed portion of his contract. Let Tyjae buy insurance, and at the end of each season that he completes, the Titans should reimburse him the premiums for that season's coverage--if he can holdup throughout the contract neither he, nor the Titans, have lost anything financially.
Houston- again at this point it hasn't been truly confirmed. Players often get replacement ligaments for cadavers to make the repair. If his doctor went in and found no ligament he would have been given that option.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What disgusted me was the possibility that we were contributing to Tyjae slipping. We will probably never know if this thread had any impact on any NFL draft boards. Same with what his knee meant in any team's evaluation. Let's get back on track.

I am REALLY excited to see Tyjae become a Titan. He'll play behind one of the all-time greats in Derrick Henry, who has a lot of carries on his resume. Henry is also coming off of his first significant injury and will be slowing down in the next few years. I expect Tyjae to open eyes as a change of pace from Henry, and an eventual transition similar to what we've seen in Dallas will take place.

If things play out that way we'll chuckle at the couple of pages on this thread concerning his MIA ACL. I hope it does, because I've become a Titans fan.

Roll Tyjae Roll.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NotJtS wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:48 am Aww, winwave and DfromCT. How cute.

That's kind of funny, on many levels if you think about why someone would post it.