Eric Asher Show

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
wavemania
Surge

Radio show on 690 am for those wondering. He has Juan Kincade on talking about Tulane football. He said Lee hasn't shown improvement and coaching is a major problem. He is getting talent, but can't seem to coach them. Would like to see Cuillette get a shot if Lee continues to struggle. Also took questions from fans. a Must listen.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

He obviously hasn't been to a practice if he thinks Cuillete is the answer.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

wavemania wrote:Radio show on 690 am for those wondering. He has Juan Kincade on talking about Tulane football. He said Lee hasn't shown improvement and coaching is a major problem. He is getting talent, but can't seem to coach them. Would like to see Cuillette get a shot if Lee continues to struggle. Also took questions from fans. a Must listen.
Yes I know. I called in and talked to both of them and, as usual, voiced my displeasure with the TU situation. Both agreed and Kincaide was DEFINITELY agreeable when it comes to the lack of preparation by Curtis Johnston.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
JerseyWave
Riptide

Curtis Johnson is not a Head Coach. He can only be successful if he had a strong coaching staff and acted as the face of the program.
DrBox
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:Curtis Johnson is not a Head Coach. He can only be successful if he had a strong coaching staff and acted as the face of the program.
Yep
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's be honest after the last two weeks and his public comments he's no longer worthy of being the face of the program. He needs to be gone entirely. He can't keep himself from interfering w/the coaching so it's apipe dream to think otherwise.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CJ...could not "coach" a bowel movement, but he has put a shitty product on the field of play...he is so full of krap, he cannot see well enough to throw the coconuts correctly on Mardi Gras Day....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:CJ...could not "coach" a bowel movement, but he has put a shitty product on the field of play...he is so full of krap, he cannot see well enough to throw the coconuts correctly on Mardi Gras Day....

Well said and quite articulate at that!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave fans, I think this week's Eric Asher Show should be very much worth watching:

"Tune-in to the Award Winning Inside New Orleans Sports every Thursday evening at 6 - 7 p.m. on WLAE TV. Inside New Orleans Sports rebroadcast can also be seen on Fridays 9 - 10 PM on Pelican Sports TV In New Orleans, Baton Rouge & Lafayette and 10 - 11 PM on WLAE TV." :megagrin:
glennc
Low Tide

he said some baseball players went to Troy Dannen (our invisible AD) and said if he would keep the interum baseball coach (name slips my mind) they might stay.
Profoundwizard
Swell

glennc wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:30 pm he said some baseball players went to Troy Dannen (our invisible AD) and said if he would keep the interum baseball coach (name slips my mind) they might stay.
Well it looks like Troy’s hands were tied. Nothing else he could have done
Show Me
Tsunami

glennc wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:30 pm he said some baseball players went to Troy Dannen (our invisible AD) and said if he would keep the interum baseball coach (name slips my mind) they might stay.
Wow. That’s incredible.
anEngineer
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:19 pm
Wow. That’s incredible.
Why is that "incredible"? If Jay was a viable option and he's already there and the current players believe in him, it would seem like a good choice. I believe the players know a lot more than blog site critics.
Greengang
Ripple

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:43 pm
Wow. That’s incredible.
Why is that "incredible"? If Jay was a viable option and he's already there and the current players believe in him, it would seem like a good choice. I believe the players know a lot more than blog site critics.
This. They made no guarantees that they would stay, just that it would make it more likely.

It took so long though, that it forced their hand into the portal or decommit.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Wow. That’s incredible.
The players don’t know shit and they aren’t that good. That’s why it’s incredible to let them pick the coach
anEngineer
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:57 pm
Wow. That’s incredible.
The players don’t know shit and they aren’t that good. That’s why it’s incredible to let them pick the coach
To think that you know more about the team and the coaching than the players is more like Profoundignorance.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:20 pm

To think that you know more about the team and the coaching than the players is more like Profoundignorance.
Maybe the players in the portal can coach the team as well. :cry: :cry:
Profoundwizard
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:20 pm

I’m not saying that I know more but I guess I have higher standards than the players on the team. They’re happy with how they did this year

The players thought Jewett was a good coach, so how much can they know?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Maddie gives a Tulane Spring report at 49:17 mark

https://www.youtube.com/live/36T2OtNQOzQ?feature=share
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981