Tulane Wins the Columbia Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Struggle continues. Columbia is awful. Wave striking out left and right with bases loaded.
Tied 3-3 top 6th.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Unhappy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️

Final: Columbia 7, Wave 3

Bigschtick
Riptide

Pretty sad!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

4 hits. Lost count of the K’s.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

17K’s 🤦🏻‍♂️
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave Fan
Low Tide

We must be leading the ncaa in strikeouts on the season. You could probably throw in all high schools
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:27 pm 17K’s 🤦🏻‍♂️
Unbelievable
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Columbia has 0 baseball scholarships.
Columbia now 6-7 on the year
Wave 3-15 🫣🫣
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The spirit of Lou Gehrig lives !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

it would be an outright crime and terrible decision to keep this coach for the full year!
anEngineer
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:01 pm it would be an outright crime and terrible decision to keep this coach for the full year!
Yes, it's so much better to finish the year without a coach at all.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:16 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:01 pm it would be an outright crime and terrible decision to keep this coach for the full year!
We did it last year…
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:32 pm
The astronomical number of strikeouts per game needs to be addressed.
We are just plain awful at basic fundamental baseball. Too many runners thrown out at the plate, failure to execute a simple rundown, wild pitches, K’d with bases loaded etc. About the only thing we do well is steal second base. Unfortunately you can’t steal 1B.
It’s sad seeing the empty stands but I can’t blame anyone for not wanting to attend. And the 6pm Saturday start times are not at all fan friendly. I didn’t expect much success this season but never did I see this type of start either. OMG I’m dreading playing LSU this season. Hopefully we agree to a mercy rule that night for everyone’s sake. Jay is a good guy and I hope he can figure out something ASAP. Just brutal for all that love and support Tulane baseball.
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

What’s the big deal? We don’t have a coach now.. If you were satisfied with the three and 15 record, then see you at the ballpark!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Did not like Uhlman from the first time I heard him speak. When he was asked about the 6 PM start on Saturdays. He basically said sorry guys really don’t care what you think. It’s just cooler and we prefer to play then. He may be right but his answer was arrogant and condescending. Sounds a lot like Jewett and coaches a lot like Jewett.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:51 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:32 pm
The astronomical number of strikeouts per game needs to be addressed.
We are just plain awful at basic fundamental baseball. Too many runners thrown out at the plate, failure to execute a simple rundown, wild pitches, K’d with bases loaded etc. About the only thing we do well is steal second base. Unfortunately you can’t steal 1B.
It’s sad seeing the empty stands but I can’t blame anyone for not wanting to attend. And the 6pm Saturday start times are not at all fan friendly. I didn’t expect much success this season but never did I see this type of start either. OMG I’m dreading playing LSU this season. Hopefully we agree to a mercy rule that night for everyone’s sake. Jay is a good guy and I hope he can figure out something ASAP. Just brutal for all that love and support Tulane baseball.
We play LSU Tuesday, April 11th, and my hope for that game is rain ⛈, rain ⛈ and more rain ⛈, and I mean biblical rain ⛈, Noah’s Ark duration and intensity rain ⛈, street flooding and the whole works!!! Please God!🙏🏻
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:17 am
What’s the big deal? We don’t have a coach now.. If you were satisfied with the three and 15 record, then see you at the ballpark!
Someone is standing with his "no way he doesn't get a second year" belief. Remember, too many people in high places think too highly of Jay Uhlman to fire him after just one season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

The way out is to simply drop baseball and start a womens softball team. Put up a fence within the fence at Turchin and you’d have a top notch softball stadium. Dannen not interested in putting any money or effort in winning on the diamond. At least in softball there’s no urgency to put a competitive product out on the field. Plus all the girls could get 100% scholarships unlike baseball. Drastic times call for drastic measures.
I’m done with baseball.
tnelly15
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:23 am

Someone is standing with his "no way he doesn't get a second year" belief. Remember, too many people in high places think too highly of Jay Uhlman to fire him after just one season.
What people? Dannen?

People may like him. They may think highly of him as a man, but there’s no way anyone that actually watches this team play can think highly of him as a baseball coach.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Who would have thought we'd ever have a time where we'd have winning records in three of the four major sports (FB, MBB, WBB, baseball), and baseball would be the one loser?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tnelly15 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:57 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:23 am

What people? Dannen?

People may like him. They may think highly of him as a man, but there’s no way anyone that actually watches this team play can think highly of him as a baseball coach.
The so called baseball coach, and TD, both need to be fired ASAP...but the twolane prez ain't got the guts
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:21 am The so called baseball coach, and TD, both need to be fired ASAP...but the twolane prez ain't got the guts
For better or worse TD's seat isn't even lukewarm after the Cotton Bowl. Even if you think he had little to do with the success of the 2022 football team, just reading some of the posts on this board will tell you people think he's got us positioned to be the next P5 invite. IF that's the case, he's done a better job than any AD in my lifetime. Big IF.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:23 am Did not like Uhlman from the first time I heard him speak. When he was asked about the 6 PM start on Saturdays. He basically said sorry guys really don’t care what you think. It’s just cooler and we prefer to play then. He may be right but his answer was arrogant and condescending. Sounds a lot like Jewett and coaches a lot like Jewett.
Considering that 67% of our wins this year have come in DAYTIME games, maybe he should rethink that strategy.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson