2023 FB Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Now that basketball and baseball is over I thought it would be a good time to start a FB thread to ease our pain over the next 5 -6 months. :cry:

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:27 pm Now that basketball and baseball is over I thought it would be a good time to start a FB thread to ease our pain over the next 5 -6 months. :cry:
Pain ?...c'mon man, just because we lose basketball games by an average of almost 16 points a game, there should be no pain
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:52 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:27 pm Now that basketball and baseball is over I thought it would be a good time to start a FB thread to ease our pain over the next 5 -6 months. :cry:
Pain ?...c'mon man, just because we lose basketball games by an average of almost 16 points a game, there should be no pain
and yet we're better than we were. :lol: :lol:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:33 pm
Nobody can argue that Hunter hasn't done a great job getting the team from it's lowest point in history to relevance in 4 years. Yes, there's things going on that we don't like on the court and with the scheduling and recruiting. But the program is WAY better than it was when he took over. We could live and move on without him, but I'd rather like to see what he does to keep this team together and see how they can compete. Just win the pre-conference games we're supposed to, for crying out loud.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Channeling my best Chris Farley talk show voice “Remember the Cotton Bowl.”
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:01 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:33 pm
Nobody can argue that Hunter hasn't done a great job getting the team from it's lowest point in history to relevance in 4 years. Yes, there's things going on that we don't like on the court and with the scheduling and recruiting. But the program is WAY better than it was when he took over. We could live and move on without him, but I'd rather like to see what he does to keep this team together and see how they can compete. Just win the pre-conference games we're supposed to, for crying out loud.
This was supposed to be our year to get at least an NIT. So it’s a letdown. Dumbleavy set the bar very low and that’s the main reason Tulane fans are satisfied with no post season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:50 pm
This was supposed to be our year to get at least an NIT. So it’s a letdown. Dumbleavy set the bar very low and that’s the main reason Tulane fans are satisfied with no post season.
I'm not satisfied, and not happy with what was done with the talent available. But no Tulane team has won more games since 1995-96, that's a damned long time. The bar has been low since Perry Clark left. We're all disappointed, this should have been an NCAA team.

Tulane won the Cotton Bowl though!

That gets me through a lot.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:02 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:50 pm
I'm not satisfied, and not happy with what was done with the talent available. But no Tulane team has won more games since 1995-96, that's a damned long time. The bar has been low since Perry Clark left. We're all disappointed, this should have been an NCAA team.

Tulane won the Cotton Bowl though!

That gets me through a lot.

ROLL WAVE!
20-11 should have been 23-8
Then you get in NIT at least. We fell short IMO.
anEngineer
Riptide

Although I thought this thread was unnecessary when it started, it instantly became something TOTALLY unrelated. That's a good sign that it should be abandoned.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This was supposed to be our NCAA year per Hunter himself and it should have been with the talent and experience we had. So yes he's certainly improved the program but this season was a disappointment. TD can't allow this type of scheduling again.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

What does any of this have to do with 2023 FB Season?