2023 AAC MBB Tourney Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:51 pm He said again in just the last couple of weeks.
I've only heard the zoom interview comments in connection with recruiting during the pandemic. I have yet to hear Hunter complain about the gym or facilities. winwave, please link where he does, thanks.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was in an interview on a local station sportscast. Like I said he has said it several times over the last couple of years.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Memphis beats Houston 75-65 to win the AAC Tourney.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:42 pm Memphis beats Houston 75-65 to win the AAC Tourney.
Great! Send them to the Big 12 without a AAC Championship
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:23 pm It was in an interview on a local station sportscast. Like I said he has said it several times over the last couple of years.
I guess you were the only one to hear it. Ironic in that it fits in your mantra that the gym is holding back the team. Funny, the team in the ACC with the worst gym doesn't complain about it at all, they embrace it. And Hunter has repeatedly said that Fogelman is an asset. I've yet to hear him or read about him saying anything negative about it. Ever.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:23 am
winwave wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:23 pm It was in an interview on a local station sportscast. Like I said he has said it several times over the last couple of years.
I guess you were the only one to hear it. Ironic in that it fits in your mantra that the gym is holding back the team. Funny, the team in the ACC with the worst gym doesn't complain about it at all, they embrace it. And Hunter has repeatedly said that Fogelman is an asset. I've yet to hear him or read about him saying anything negative about it. Ever.
I'm far from the only one to hear it. It gets discussed on our other boards too. He has flat out said he can recruit with anybody via zoom when the recruits can't see our facilities. We got our big 3 that way and haven't recruited well since.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:14 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:23 am
I'm far from the only one to hear it. It gets discussed on our other boards too. He has flat out said he can recruit with anybody via zoom when the recruits can't see our facilities. We got our big 3 that way and haven't recruited well since.
What I've heard him say, and I haven't heard or read it in over a year, is that (and I know I"m paraphrasing) "it was easy to compete with big name programs when the kids could only meet you on Zoom. We have a lot to sell at Tulane and it sells well over Zoom. It's hard to compete when the kids go on campus and see competitors that have country club like facilities."

He's never said anything negative about Fogleman. Please, I urge you to back up your contention that he has with a link. I know our gym has warts, but I don't think Coach Hunter thinks it's an issue at all and have never heard him say anything remotely suggesting it is.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He said he can recruit with anybody via zoom when the players can't see our facilities. Deny it all you want but he has said and said it multiple times. Even saying it in your made up version he is clearly saying our facilities are a hindrance to recruiting.