Memphis Crushes Tulane 94-54

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play Memphis at 4 tomorrow on ESPN2.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

See you next season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Yikes! Memphis loses
to Boca…
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane1111 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:16 pm Yikes! Memphis loses
to Boca…
FAU joining the AAC next season. Memphis wasn’t going far in the tournament anyway. Penny is a lousy coach. FDU vs FAU should be a good one.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:33 pm
to Boca…
FAU joining the AAC next season. Memphis wasn’t going far in the tournament anyway. Penny is a lousy coach. FDU vs FAU should be a good one.
He is definitely a lousy coach. Remember when he had to bring in 110-year-old Larry Brown to run the team.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:55 pm
to Boca…
He is definitely a lousy coach. Remember when he had to bring in 110-year-old Larry Brown to run the team.
Yes indeed. That was something else.
Here’s Larry Brown in the middle as a 10 year old. Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

What we normally see at The Big Dance are teams that are putting forth their best efforts, playing together while pulling hard for each other. Penny lost complete control of his team last night. That squabble between Davis and Dandridge toward the end of the game pretty much sealed Memphis’ fate. Frank Haith couldn’t even pull them through.

Nevertheless, they made it to The Big Dance. We didn’t.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:58 am What we normally see at The Big Dance are teams that are putting forth their best efforts, playing together while pulling hard for each other. Penny lost complete control of his team last night. That squabble between Davis and Dandridge toward the end of the game pretty much sealed Memphis’ fate. Frank Haith couldn’t even pull them through.

Nevertheless, they made it to The Big Dance. We didn’t.
They played like a team for a month, but under the big spotlight reverted to me-ball. And it's all on Penny. He can recruit them, but cannot mold them into a team.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:56 pm
anEngineer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:55 pm
Yes indeed. That was something else.
Here’s Larry Brown in the middle as a 10 year old. Lol
Gerald "GoGo" Govan.... after several Buc's games, Brown could be seen with his wife and friends at Shakey's Pizza on Vets Blvd...still have my Buc's tie tac...game ball signed by Steve "Snapper" Jones
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Gerald "GoGo" Govan.... after several Buc's games, Brown could be seen with his wife and friends at Shakey's Pizza on Vets Blvd...still have my Buc's tie tac...game ball signed by Steve "Snapper" Jones
Wow. As a kid Shakey’s was a fun spot!! We’d go on Fridays and the place was always packed with tables lined up throughout!!
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:08 am
golfnut69 wrote: Gerald "GoGo" Govan.... after several Buc's games, Brown could be seen with his wife and friends at Shakey's Pizza on Vets Blvd...still have my Buc's tie tac...game ball signed by Steve "Snapper" Jones
Wow. As a kid Shakey’s was a fun spot!! We’d go on Fridays and the place was always packed with tables lined up throughout!!
Tim... I have a baseball signed by the 1964 Cincy Reds... they were in Houston to play the Colt 45's, the original name of the franchise, we staeyd in the same hotel, Continental Houston on Main St. We knocked on each players door, and asked for their autograph...all the players signed the ball... Pete Rose and my special autograph, Frank Robinson, the only player to be the MVP in both the National and American leagues ...the ball is an offical JPRD baseball
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:24 am
Tim... I have a baseball signed by the 1964 Cincy Reds... they were in Houston to play the Colt 45's, the original name of the franchise, we staeyd in the same hotel, Continental Houston on Main St. We knocked on each players door, and asked for their autograph...all the players signed the ball... Pete Rose and my special autograph, Frank Robinson, the only player to be the MVP in both the National and American leagues ...the ball is an offical JPRD baseball
Nice!
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:04 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:24 am

Nice!
The Asrodome had not opened yet, the games were played at "Colt Stadium"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Stadium

https://www.google.com/search?q=colt+st ... 2a8JWdjf4M
Ruski
Swell

to Boca…
Both teams vastly underseeded. FAU should've been at least a 4 seed. Memphis would've won a few games with fair seeding, definitely could've knocked off some of these overrated SEC/Big12/PAC teams.