2023 AAC MBB Tourney Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

His defense doesn’t work against anybody who can shoot and he actually thinks rebounding isn’t important. Does that sound like a good basketball coach?

Jaxwave
Swell

So the freshman signee we had last year can’t get in to this game? Hunter is a joke.
Jaxwave
Swell

Hunter is only an ideal coach for low level HS job.
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:07 pm Team finally ran out of gas. The starters got heavy legs and that will mess with your shot. Season over most likely after today.
Agreed. Not much of a bench to share the minutes. I do not believe we will make a change but if we do Billy Kennedy is available.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Memphis moves on in 94-54 route of the Wave.
Wave longshot waits to see if NIT interested.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:59 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:07 pm Team finally ran out of gas. The starters got heavy legs and that will mess with your shot. Season over most likely after today.
Agreed. Not much of a bench to share the minutes. I do not believe we will make a change but if we do Billy Kennedy is available.
If Hunter goes to GT Billy Kennedy would be a solid hire.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

This game negates everything this team accomplished this year.
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:00 pm
Pepper wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:59 pm
If Hunter goes to GT Billy Kennedy would be a solid hire.
Will you guys quit with the BS, you waste so much time on things with no chance of happening. Hunter is like Fritz he is not leaving players that gave him his 500th win!!! He is not quiting on his team!!!
Jaxwave
Swell

I think not teaching your boys how to block out is quitting on your team.
greenie78
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:47 pm Yesterday I was accused of hating Tulane basketball. I don’t but I think their coach is a fraud.
We could always go back to Dunleavy.
greenie78
Riptide

Geez Jaxwave, go get some Midol.
Jaxwave
Swell

Guys I am not mad. I am just analyzing what I see. Where am I wrong?
I will admit I didn’t like the Hunter hire or what I’ve seen since and maybe that inherent bias affects my analysis.
greenie78
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:44 pm Guys I am not mad. I am just analyzing what I see. Where am I wrong?
I will admit I didn’t like the Hunter hire or what I’ve seen since and maybe that inherent bias affects my analysis.
Calling him a fraud for one. He's not a miracle worker, but he's improved the program to the point where it's become respectable. He has a long way to go, but he's definitely not a fraud.
anEngineer
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:01 pm This game negates everything this team accomplished this year.
You REALLY hate Tulane basketball!
Jaxwave
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:10 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:01 pm This game negates everything this team accomplished this year.
You REALLY hate Tulane basketball!
Today, you are correct Engineer!
Pepper
Swell

I cannot blame the coach when we play in the worst gym in college athletics. I am amazed we can recruit anybody. Until the facilities are addressed, this is where we are at.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
hullabaloo
Ripple

Can Jaxwave be banned??? Every post in this thread from him has been pure idiocy.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:00 pm Memphis moves on in 94-54 route of the Wave.
Wave longshot waits to see if NIT interested.
It's hard to imagine that the NIT would take any team that just got toasted by 40 points.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:36 am I cannot blame the coach when we play in the worst gym in college athletics. I am amazed we can recruit anybody. Until the facilities are addressed, this is where we are at.
Have you seen any of the 250+ gyms that are D1 but not in a P conference? Some of them make ours look like an absolute palace. They have pull-out bleachers and an 1980's scoreboard. The gym has nothing to do with getting blown out by 40 points on national TV. One team wanted to play for a conference championship, another couldn't get out of there fast enough. Blame the gym for a team mailing it in playing 554 miles from home. Sorry, but I blame the coach.

He's done a good job building a team from nothing, and I really don't care if they're transfers or freshman recruits, but his game day coaching is horrible. This team should have done a whole lot more. There's talent and it was harder and harder to see as Hunter's self proclaimed brilliant strategy of shortening his rotation took hold. I'd be shocked if he went to GaTech, not because of any loyalty but because my sources in Atlanta say he's not a well-liked personality there.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:36 am I cannot blame the coach when we play in the worst gym in college athletics. I am amazed we can recruit anybody. Until the facilities are addressed, this is where we are at.
Hunter has said multiple times he can recruit better via zoom when the players can't see our facilities.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:11 am
winwave wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:33 pm NIT is a long shot:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/note ... fe916.html
Wrong, Sports Illustrated has Memphis as a Number 9 seed in the tournament, if we beat them to sweep 3 games against them then play Houston tough, we should get a tournament invite!!!
West Region
No. 1 UCLA* vs. No. 16 Texas A&M-CC**
No. 8 Florida Atlantic* vs. No. 9 Memphis
No. 5 TCU vs. No. 12 Drake**
No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 13 Toledo
No. 6 Creighton vs. No. 11 Rutgers
No. 3 Gonzaga** vs. No. 14 UC Irvine
No. 7 Northwestern vs. No. 10 Mississippi State
No. 2 Texas vs. No. 15 UNC Asheville**

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... a73a&ei=16
You're dead wrong as usual!
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:36 am
Hunter has said multiple times he can recruit better via zoom when the players can't see our facilities.
Then why take the job in the first place? It's not as if he was promised a new facility.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Maybe it's his way of trying to get them to build a new facility.
anEngineer
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:40 am
winwave wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:36 am
Then why take the job in the first place? It's not as if he was promised a new facility.
Quite to the contrary, Hunter has said multiple times that he likes our arena because he knows he can fill it up. He also noted in a recent interview that in several places (mentioned UCF) the arenas are big and have just a couple thousand in them. He said it has a terrible feel and the crowd noise gets swallowed up. The only time I heard coach Hunter talk about Zoom interviews was during Covid.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He said again in just the last couple of weeks.