Campbell Sweeps Tulane

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play Campbell on Tuesday at 6 and Wednesday at noon. They are ranked #24 by D-1 Baseball. Both games will be on ESPN+.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Was hoping a 10 run rule would end this misery but no.
12-2 Campbell up Tulane on its 9th pitcher.
Heading to the 9th.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

10 Tulane pitchers give up 17 runs tonight
17-2 Campbell up going to bottom of the 9th.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:06 pm Was hoping a 10 run rule would end this misery but no.
12-2 Campbell up Tulane on its 9th pitcher.
Heading to the 9th.
If we only had our own Campbell.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Garbage
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Amen it’s over. 17-7. Just awful baseball
Can’t understand why they went the full 9 innings. Campbell tried a kid that was throwing 100mph couldn’t get close to finding the plate. Walked the 4 batters he pitched to. Really bad tonight. The game wasn’t as close as the score reflected.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:53 pm Amen it’s over. 17-7. Just awful baseball
Can’t understand why they went the full 9 innings. Campbell tried a kid that was throwing 100mph couldn’t get close to finding the plate. Walked the 4 batters he pitched to. Really bad tonight. The game wasn’t as close as the score reflected.
Tulane cannot get over the Hump
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
BC Wave
Swell

At least the pitching staff achieved some balance giving up 13 hits and walking 13 batters.

However, they also hit 6 batters.
Dave breslin
Swell

Did Justin Campbell go to Campbell ?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Down 9-4 in the 5th.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

13-4 now
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Campbell wins game 2 13-11.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I wasn’t impressed with Campbell they made a bunch of errors in two games.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:44 pm Campbell wins game 2 13-11.
Does anyone think Jay Ulhman gets another year? Or is Tulane putting a fork in competitive baseball? You are what your record says you are, what's our say?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This may call for a "legislative" investigation
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:58 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:44 pm Campbell wins game 2 13-11.
Does anyone think Jay Ulhman gets another year? Or is Tulane putting a fork in competitive baseball? You are what your record says you are, what's our say?
don't blame Uhlman...blame TD for this mess
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Since the baseball footprint is NOT being utilized😎I still say, full size IPF and Football Ops Bldg!!!
anEngineer
Riptide

Tulane is not going to tear down Turchin Stadium. It just is NOT going to happen.
Greeniegb
Swell

Bottom line, I said this with Coach Jewitt, when ball players digress from year to year, the only answer and it is clear its poor coaching. A coach's job is to develop players, that means players leave better than when they came to Tulane. This is a continuation of what happened when Jewitt was coach. We need to make a clear break from the recent past and bring in someone like Cannizaro to develop hitters and is a known winner. We have a losers attitude and players go in reverse in development.
Show Me
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:41 pm Bottom line, I said this with Coach Jewitt, when ball players digress from year to year, the only answer and it is clear its poor coaching. A coach's job is to develop players, that means players leave better than when they came to Tulane. This is a continuation of what happened when Jewitt was coach. We need to make a clear break from the recent past and bring in someone like Cannizaro to develop hitters and is a known winner. We have a losers attitude and players go in reverse in development.
The job was quite a bit more attractive when Andy first applied it has now become a job killer. Not going to happen. Nobody was interested in the last search that’s why we ended up with a Jewett assistant. Not sure who would risk their future on this dumpster fire.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tom Walter very much wanted the job.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:03 pm
The job was quite a bit more attractive when Andy first applied it has now become a job killer. Not going to happen. Nobody was interested in the last search that’s why we ended up with a Jewett assistant. Not sure who would risk their future on this dumpster fire.
I think AC could very much need Tulane and Tulane very much need AC. The program is in shambles right now, and AC last I checked was fired from his job at Holy Cross. Is he working? I'd be surprised if a guy that's out of work and last coached a HS team wouldn't jump through hoops to get the Tulane job even if they were moving Turchin off campus.

I guess we know what is a career killer than the Tulane job. I'm sure AC can tell you if you have to ask.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:41 pm Bottom line, I said this with Coach Jewitt, when ball players digress from year to year, the only answer and it is clear its poor coaching. A coach's job is to develop players, that means players leave better than when they came to Tulane. This is a continuation of what happened when Jewitt was coach. We need to make a clear break from the recent past and bring in someone like Cannizaro to develop hitters and is a known winner. We have a losers attitude and players go in reverse in development.
Andy’s using his Tulane degree these day. He’s doing very well in medical sales. He’s an account manager for Kerecis.
Tulane Class of 1981