USC Beats Tulane 13-8

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play USC today at 4:30. Jewett is their hitting coach.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
BC Wave
Swell

In Cotton Bowl Classic fashion, maybe we can win without USC striking out once.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Are you guys ready for an historic season? If you extrapolate the current record, we are looking at a monumental season of approximately 5 and 51!
Great job, Mr. Dannen!
anEngineer
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:36 am Are you guys ready for an historic season? If you extrapolate the current record, we are looking at a monumental season of approximately 5 and 51!
Great job, Mr. Dannen!
I'm not happy either but Coach Uhlman is not getting fired after 1 season before he has been given a chance to build his own team. We can spend a whole year making childish sarcasm about Dannen by the same people who made the same statements about hiring Coach Fritz, or we can just accept what it is for now and see how it plays out. It's as tiresome as complaining about the weather.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:13 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:36 am Are you guys ready for an historic season? If you extrapolate the current record, we are looking at a monumental season of approximately 5 and 51!
Great job, Mr. Dannen!
I'm not happy either but Coach Uhlman is not getting fired after 1 season before he has been given a chance to build his own team. We can spend a whole year making childish sarcasm about Dannen by the same people who made the same statements about hiring Coach Fritz, or we can just accept what it is for now and see how it plays out. It's as tiresome as complaining about the weather.
The weather has a lot better chance of improving than this baseball team.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Uhlman could VERY easily be fired after one season, unless the University wants to signal to the fans that baseball is being de-emphasized. Frankly, at this rate I'd be surprised if he lasts the entire season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Great job, Mr. Dannen!
We are now the polar opposite of the "Cowen 🤡 Error," football is very good, basketball is respectable, and baseball is a joke!
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:28 pm Uhlman could VERY easily be fired after one season, unless the University wants to signal to the fans that baseball is being de-emphasized. Frankly, at this rate I'd be surprised if he lasts the entire season.
You are grossly underestimating the support that Coach Uhlman has from a lot of big Tulane baseball people, including former players. Those people really have confidence in him on the long term and that has more relevance than this board.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

3-0 Wave up early
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Is it televised anywhere? I didn't see it on ESPN+
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://pac-12.com/live/usc

Just gave up an error, a HBP and a HR to start the bottom of the third, and its now 4-4.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

5-4 now USC

Streaming Free here
https://pac-12.com/live/usc
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Either their park is huge or their guys are really fast. Now 8-4, two triples in the 3rd inning. For one USC guy, it was his FIFTH triple of the season, and this is only their seventh game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:46 pm Either their park is huge or their guys are really fast. Now 8-4, two triples in the 3rd inning. For one USC guy, it was his FIFTH triple of the season, and this is only their seventh game.
8-4 after only 4 innings! What’s the O/U on this thing?😂
Jaxwave
Swell

About what it was for the Cotton Bowl.
Wave Fan
Low Tide

It's going to be a long year with this pitching staff.
glennc
Low Tide

This is Dannen's fault. He took the easy way and hired from within instead of getting off his lazy ass and getting on a plane and interviewing for the job. or flying candidates in to interview. He is terrible when it comes to hiring. Let me be the first to say even Ron Hunter has to go.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: USC 13, Wave 8.

We are now 1-10. :oops:
Show Me
Tsunami

glennc wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:59 pm This is Dannen's fault. He took the easy way and hired from within instead of getting off his lazy ass and getting on a plane and interviewing for the job. or flying candidates in to interview. He is terrible when it comes to hiring. Let me be the first to say even Ron Hunter has to go.
Absolutely. Worst Tulane baseball team in 100 years. Jewett was a bad hire. How do you hire an assistant of his? I’m not against JU but I’m beginning to think this is simply de-emphasis of baseball. There were many that wanted the job but not at $300K.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane loses again 13-8.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

1-10 ….Great Job Dannen with Jewitt and now his assistant ,Uhlman. Well Uhlman stinks, just like Jewitt ( (that ones for you Graffinini)

And for the poster that said that Uhlman is well respected by inside Tulane people and by former players, I say, who gives a crap what THEY think. Do you really think that what’s left of our fan base is going to give Uhlman 3 or 4 years until the team “comes around’” No another bad Dannen hire. What an awful and terrible embarrassing baseball program we have put on the field. I tend to agree with DaveBrownStreak that at this point in time, a 5 and 51 record is not that far-fetched, unless a comet comes screaming to Earth and puts us all out of our baseball misery!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:29 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:28 pm Uhlman could VERY easily be fired after one season, unless the University wants to signal to the fans that baseball is being de-emphasized. Frankly, at this rate I'd be surprised if he lasts the entire season.
You are grossly underestimating the support that Coach Uhlman has from a lot of big Tulane baseball people, including former players. Those people really have confidence in him on the long term and that has more relevance than this board.
A lot of things have more relevance than this board, and Lindberg landed, too. But if this team finishes 15-40, he's fired or we've simply told everyone that gives a crap that Tulane doesn't care about baseball any more.

And you can get on those of us that questioned Fritz after the 2021 season with pot shots all you like. Some of us wanted him to show us that 7 wins wasn't his ceiling, and he did. I never questioned his hiring, I questioned if he could take us where he did in 2022. He answered the question. You had nothing to do with it, and if you thought differently than most of us did after the 2021 season, good for you. Maybe you're a prophet. Woo hoo!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hoping for Cotton Bowl vibes but they never materialized.
Tulane Class of 1981