Pratt for Heisman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:53 am He had his best year this year which includes his accuracy. Anyone would have had accuracy problems playing behind our OL his first two seasons. Also he didn't have the benefit of a redshirt season. He has been playing since the third game of his true freshman season. I loved Mike McKay as our QB but Pratt is clearly the better of the two.
Agree.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:09 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:53 am He had his best year this year which includes his accuracy. Anyone would have had accuracy problems playing behind our OL his first two seasons. Also he didn't have the benefit of a redshirt season. He has been playing since the third game of his true freshman season. I loved Mike McKay as our QB but Pratt is clearly the better of the two.
Agree.
I agree as well. And I think we had a lot less dropped passes this year than the previous two.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:29 pm
Agree.
I agree as well. And I think we had a lot less dropped passes this year than the previous two.
Good point D about the large number of dropped passes that affected his numbers.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:29 pm
Agree.
How much did Jim Svoboda and his receiver coach Willie signed before the season have anything to do with Pratt and the receiver's improvement, goes beyond play calling into coaching players up!!! Like I always ask when big improvement occurs what was the change from last year to this year, coaching folks, goes beyond play calling!!! Let's hope it continues, with the new receivers and quarterbacks coming behind Pratt.
TURVS71
Swell

“Having the proper supporting cast and improved playcalling played a role in Pratt reaching his ceiling. Now a quarterback who is receiving national attention and potentially even becoming a darkhorse Heisman candidate, he continues to project as a true dual-threat quarterback with rising NFL draft stock”

gotula.net AGAIN comes through with a first!

Time to start our campaign!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pratt should be up for the Heisman:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/tulan ... -next-year
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

High praise, coming from an LSU grad...
TURVS71
Swell

We, gotula.net said this long before this or any other article was written! First in Tulane news!!!
Ruski
Swell

MicMan wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:35 pm High praise, coming from an LSU grad...
I thought she's a Tulane beat writer, no?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pratt was a the game last night. As he walked on the concourse below our seats last night I called out "Pratt for Heisman", he looked up and smiled and waved.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:09 pm Pratt was a the game last night. As he walked on the concourse below our seats last night I called out "Pratt for Heisman", he looked up and smiled and waved.
Was on the mound (1st pitch) after Willie had arm trouble.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:34 pm Was on the mound (1st pitch) after Willie had arm trouble.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:09 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:34 pm Was on the mound (1st pitch) after Willie had arm trouble.
Yea!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good stuff!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pratt suffered a fractured heel in the first UCF game. He continued to play as well as he played before.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:34 pm Pratt suffered a fractured heel in the first UCF game. He continued to play as well as he played before.
We knew he was hurt because he was wearing the boot right up to the Cotton Bowl. But we didn't know it was that serious. It explains a couple of throws in the last few games where you said "WTF was that?" The way he played in both the CCG and Cotton Bowl you would have never thought the injury was that severe. He's a gamer, no doubt, and I'm starting to believe he'll make a decent NFL QB.

BTW: Great job by Chrissy Froyd in the analysis. I'm not sure if it's been posted, but here's the link:

https://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-q ... n-in-2023/
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm putting together something for this campaign. Things I need help with:

• About Pratt - 3 short paragraphs blurb or so
  • 4-5 Percentage Metrics. Rating, Pass Completion, Efficiency, etc
  • Career Achievements. 6 total would be ideal. Each with a 1-3 word title, and short description.
  • In The Media - Links to any news stories specifically about Pratt

Please respond in this thread and please keep your answers short and concise and on-topic. This would be a HUGE help, and I'm confident you all will like the final product.

Sorry for the vagueness, for now.
Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:23 pm I'm putting together something for this campaign. Things I need help with:

• About Pratt - 3 short paragraphs blurb or so
  • 4-5 Percentage Metrics. Rating, Pass Completion, Efficiency, etc
  • Career Achievements. 6 total would be ideal. Each with a 1-3 word title, and short description.
  • In The Media - Links to any news stories specifically about Pratt

Please respond in this thread and please keep your answers short and concise and on-topic. This would be a HUGE help, and I'm confident you all will like the final product.

Sorry for the vagueness, for now.
Sounds like the perfect ChatGPT opportunity
https://chat.openai.com/auth/login
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Michael Pratt led the biggest turn around in NCAA history, guiding the Tulane Green Wave back from a 2-12 campaign in 2021 to a 12-2 finish to the 2022 season. Along the way, his Tulane team won their first game against a ranked opponent since 19XX, and earned road victories against the Big 12 Champion K-State Wildcats and 2021 playoff participant Cincinnati. Tulane also got revenge for one of it's losses with a Conference Championship Game victory over UCF. Pratt's leadership and incredible will to win was exemplified in the Cotton Bowl. Trailing by 15 points with 4:30 remaining, Pratt guided the Green Wave to one of the most improbable comeback victories in Bowl history. He converted 2 fourth downs on the final drive which saw Tulane score the winning touchdown when Pratt completed a 8 yard pass to his true Freshman tight end with 9 seconds remaining to beat USC 46-45.

That's my contribution, FWIW.

ROLL WAVE!
TURVS71
Swell

TURVS71
Swell

TURVS71
Swell

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2023/1/ ... iams-fritz

Pay attention to the photograph with the caption:

“ Tulane doesn’t win without Michael Pratts heroics”
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Keep ‘em coming. Thanks y’all!
Roll Wave!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

One talk track that should be considered is that in contrast with many Heisman candidates, who benefit from an already-successful football program (ie P5) that effectively accelerates their candidacy, Pratt has effectively built his successful football program--a big difference.

"Pratt has been a builder, not a beneficiary."
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:29 am One talk track that should be considered is that in contrast with many Heisman candidates, who benefit from an already-successful football program (ie P5) that effectively accelerates their candidacy, Pratt has effectively built his successful football program--a big difference.

"Pratt has been a builder, not a beneficiary."
I couldn't agree with your point more. Pratt has, in effect, built the program to where it is today. Tough concept to sell, but very true.