Tulane whips Cincy 101-94 in OT

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:36 am The schedule didn't hurt us as much as losing games to teams we have no business losing to. C'mon man, some of those losses early were absolutely brutal. Tulsa I can understand, that's a conference game against a team that had been getting closer and closer to their first win. But Nevada, Western Kentucky, George Mason and Fordham (yes, despite being 19-5 I'm including them) are all teams we should beat with our second 5. Those losses should be W's, and they count big time. We would be 20-3 and probably ranked had we beaten those cupcakes.
Dont agree with you regarding Fordham and Nevada. You're sounding like a P5 elitist now. Just because they're not "name" schools doesn't mean they're not good teams. Memphis lost to St Louis earlier this year. St Louis is 16-8. You know who beat St. Louis? Fordham.

Same with Nevada, who's 19-6. They're in the MW, with New Mexico, who's been ranked, and San Diego St who IS ranked. They've beaten New Mexico twice and split with San Diego St, beating both teams WHEN they were ranked. That conference is going to get two, maybe even 3 NCAA bids. But you think we should have beaten them with our second 5.

Don't become exactly what you complain about P5 fans being.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:13 am
DfromCT wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:36 am The schedule didn't hurt us as much as losing games to teams we have no business losing to. C'mon man, some of those losses early were absolutely brutal. Tulsa I can understand, that's a conference game against a team that had been getting closer and closer to their first win. But Nevada, Western Kentucky, George Mason and Fordham (yes, despite being 19-5 I'm including them) are all teams we should beat with our second 5. Those losses should be W's, and they count big time. We would be 20-3 and probably ranked had we beaten those cupcakes.
Dont agree with you regarding Fordham and Nevada. You're sounding like a P5 elitist now. Just because they're not "name" schools doesn't mean they're not good teams. Memphis lost to St Louis earlier this year. St Louis is 16-8. You know who beat St. Louis? Fordham.

Same with Nevada, who's 19-6. They're in the MW, with New Mexico, who's been ranked, and San Diego St who IS ranked. They've beaten New Mexico twice and split with San Diego St, beating both teams WHEN they were ranked. That conference is going to get two, maybe even 3 NCAA bids. But you think we should have beaten them with our second 5.

My father was a Fordham alum. My following of Fordham goes back to the days when Digger Phelps was their coach. But this year in basketball, they've had losses to teams that are a whole lot worse than Tulane. Rhode Island, Davidson, Richmond and Dayton (who beat them on the road by 24) are not exactly world beaters.

You know who else beat ST. Louis? Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.

And if we want to talk about being snobbish, aren't you in that number that's regularly putting down FCS football?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:13 am

Ooohh, I want to be a P5 Elitist!!
Tulane is the University of Louisiana