I made an hour long video essay about Tulane’s 2022 football season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mvosyt
Trickle

This took a crazy amount of time to put together, but was a labor of love. If you find the time to check it out - if not right now than at some point - I’d really appreciate it! It really was a magical season, I tried to distill that best I can.

Roll Wave

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Well done! Just shared it on Twitter. ROLL WAVE!
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Very well done and Thank you for the time it took to produce it
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:50 pm Well done! Just shared it on Twitter. ROLL WAVE!
Love it!!! Know my dad did from above, they did it dad, Memories of us in old Tulane Stadium lives on. Duhon, Bankston, O'steen, Goss, and many others, Remember all of them at this moment in Green Wave history. Enjoy this one!!!
BC Wave
Swell

Incredible!

Filled with humor and HEART.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

what would be the cost to give one to each Player and Staff member
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

So after reading that this was another hour-long video, I'm thinking I don't have time for this.

And then I watched. Every. Single. Second.

And I'm thinking, how could a season as dramatic and wonderful as this have happened to us?? We're Tulane, right? We're the guys that always experience the agony of defeat. I had forgotten how many times the season hinged upon a single play... a fourth-down conversion... a critical stop. And this team overcame every obstacle.

I relived it all with more damp eyes.

Great video.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Much appreciated. Looking back on the season we really did have things go our way for once. Amazing job!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

VERY WELL DONE! Damned if it didn't make my eyes a bit watery once again! I really hope the 2022 Tulane football team appreciates how much love we have for them, and how much pain and suffering they've ended! Thank you to each and every one of them and to that team.

THANK YOU MVOSTY.

ROLL WAVE!
Last edited by DfromCT on Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Extremely well done! Can't say anything more than what's already been said.

Its kind of amazing that this entire season may have swung on that 4th down conversion in the K State game. If you think about it, all during the season, we always hung our hat on the fact we could accomplish anything, because we beat K-State on the road. If we had lost that, would we have still beaten Houston in OT? Gutted out a win vs ECU or Tulsa? Who knows. That play may have been the ignition to the entire season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
cigarman66
Ripple

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:12 pm VERY WELL DONE! Damned if it didn't make my eyes a bit watery once again! I really hope the 2022 Tulane football team appreciates how much love we have for them, and how much pain and suffering they've ended! Thank you to each and every one of them and to that team.

THANK YOU MVOSTY.

ROLL WAVE!
Agreed. Thanks for putting this together and sharing it. I also teared up again watching it. A little side story (not related):

Had to go to a new doctor recently because the wife was concerned about some 'spots on my skin" thinking it could be melanoma. Any way, I wore the AAC Champions t-shirt to the appointment. I noticed a Tulane Diploma on the wall of the little room where you wait for the doctor. He came in, saw the t-shirt and said, Wearing that - you'll get some extra service today! He then proceeded to examine and treat some small spots I had (no melanoma) and then didn't charge me! We spent more time sharing experiences about the games than worrying about the spots on my old skin. It was a fun experience!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Great job! Thank you MVOSYT! Hope the team and coaches see it!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

mvosyt wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:26 pm This took a crazy amount of time to put together, but was a labor of love. If you find the time to check it out - if not right now than at some point - I’d really appreciate it! It really was a magical season, I tried to distill that best I can.

Roll Wave

Great video! One small thing, the Superdome is only 3.7 miles from Gibson Hall & about a 10-minute drive. Hardly an arduous trip from Tulane's campus, and in 1998 Bowden/Rich Rodriguez filled both the Plaza & Loge levels at the Dome for our games. So, you were drinking a bit of "Scott Cowen's Kool-Aid" on that one. 😂

Thank you very much for a wonderful documentary for the greatest season of Tulane football of my lifetime, and I went to my first Tulane game as an 8-year-old Cub Scout in 1963. 🏈 🌊 🤫
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks so much for that. Very well done!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

Nice! Really enjoyed your video.
Wave755
Tsunami

mvosyt wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:26 pm This took a crazy amount of time to put together, but was a labor of love. If you find the time to check it out - if not right now than at some point - I’d really appreciate it! It really was a magical season, I tried to distill that best I can.

Roll Wave

P. S.- MVOSYT, your video could be the basis for an ESPN 30 for 30, "Greatest Turnaround Ever For A College Football Team," it had that kind of feel to me. Again, Great work! 🎥