Pratt for Heisman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:27 am I luv ya Win, but can you please refrain from using bad language, thanks. Just say effin’ or friggin’ or fricking.
I just reserve it for the deserving assholes like Mrs. Horton.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:25 am
Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:19 am
Pepper wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:32 am

I'm going to speak slow so you understand this you freaking idiot. The PR involved in having someone mentioned as a Heisman candidate from Tulane speaks volumes for the school. Can you imagine if Spears had been invited to New York. You really want this young man to fail so Horton can be the starter. You would shit the bed if we recruited another high quality QB and your boyfriend got demoted.
Grow up Pepper, Pratt does not have Heisman stats across his career, winning one game against the Heisman winner does not make a career. Tygae made the passing game work, let's see next year if Pratt will have a easy time throwing without Tygae. Facts Pepper check USC running game virtually did not exist but Caleb tore up our defense single handed. except for the last drive Pratt was reliant on Tygae. Hoping Pratt can take his game up a notch without Tygae, we will see.
IT'S TYJAE YOU FUCKING IDIOT!
Its spell check you idiot!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was all you dumb ass!
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:21 pm
Its spell check you idiot!!!
So take a few seconds and proofread it yourself, instead of just trusting the spell check. Tulane fans should at least appear to be more educated than the masses.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Robert1969
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:59 pm Top Ten Heisman Candidates for 2023, no mention of Pratt!!! All Power 5 Schools, like the Wave has money to waste on one player.
Do you want facilities or throwing money away. He at the very least is starting in a huge hole, Heisman Candidates have a career of winning, Pratt along with Tulane have been up and down, not consistent!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 858543002/
I'm going to speak slow so you understand this you freaking idiot. The PR involved in having someone mentioned as a Heisman candidate from Tulane speaks volumes for the school. Can you imagine if Spears had been invited to New York. You really want this young man to fail so Horton can be the starter. You would shit the bed if we recruited another high quality QB and your boyfriend got demoted.
Grow up Pepper, Pratt does not have Heisman stats across his career, winning one game against the Heisman winner does not make a career. Tygae made the passing game work, let's see next year if Pratt will have a easy time throwing without Tygae. Facts Pepper check USC running game virtually did not exist but Caleb tore up our defense single handed. except for the last drive Pratt was reliant on Tygae. Hoping Pratt can take his game up a notch without Tygae, we will see.
After what Tyjae Spears accomplished at Tulane, particularly this year, and how he’s laid it all on the line for Tulane, to (intentionally or otherwise) misspell his name is huge disrespect, and completely uncalled for.! Are you sure you care for Tulane football at all?

I am dyslexic and misspell names all of the time, so I get that part. But when talking about Tulane players, particularly someone like Tyjae, I double and triple check to show respect for the man.
Greeniegb
Swell

Robert1969 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:14 pm

After what Tyjae Spears accomplished at Tulane, particularly this year, and how he’s laid it all on the line for Tulane, to (intentionally or otherwise) misspell his name is huge disrespect, and completely uncalled for.! Are you sure you care for Tulane football at all?

I am dyslexic and misspell names all of the time, so I get that part. But when talking about Tulane players, particularly someone like Tyjae, I double and triple check to show respect for the man.
Dropdead!!!, you have no clue what bleeding green for the Wave is since the 1960's, or marching on campus when they were meeting to drop football. Or my father wanting to be buried with his Tulane cap on his head. Talk about disrespect that is you look in the mirror dude!!!

One other point this site, is for promoting opinions of fans and information pertaining to Tulane Athletics, this site is not for personal attacks on players, coaches or other Greenwave fans. It is ok to express different opinions or facts but because you disagree it should not degrade to the level of personal attacks on character or any questioning of their personal motivations., This site has seen too much of that recently.
MicMan
Swell

Great to see how well the board is handling the success we all craved so much for so long.
Show Me
Tsunami

Love to see something start out of Tulane
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Geeze….you guys could kill a clown at a kids birthday party! Really, how much would it detract to start a campaign. When I started this thread I fully know that the odds of him winning it are like the odds of me getting a date with Jennifer Lawrence!! What’s wrong with taking some advantage of this years accomplishment?? Hey, we were unranked at the beginning of the season in 2022, won the AAC championship went to the Cotton Bowl and won the Cotton Bowl and finished in the top 10. So tell me you all expected that? Anyway, it would just be fun to do this.
Robert1969
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:47 pm
Robert1969 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:14 pm

Dropdead!!!, you have no clue what bleeding green for the Wave is since the 1960's, or marching on campus when they were meeting to drop football. Or my father wanting to be buried with his Tulane cap on his head. Talk about disrespect that is you look in the mirror dude!!!

One other point this site, is for promoting opinions of fans and information pertaining to Tulane Athletics, this site is not for personal attacks on players, coaches or other Greenwave fans. It is ok to express different opinions or facts but because you disagree it should not degrade to the level of personal attacks on character or any questioning of their personal motivations., This site has seen too much of that recently.
We see you, and you know it. So, save the mock indignation.
GreenLantern
Riptide

My wife and I had the pleasure of sitting next to Gene (gbG) at a football game this season, I found him to be very pleasant, polite, and extremely knowledgeable about our players and coaching staff.

Of course he says some things with which I disagree, but c’mon man! Have you read the posts from this forum for the past several years?

GbG is a huge Tulane fan. That’s good enough to earn a free beer in my book.

P.S. What can it hurt to promote Pratt for Heisman even if his chances are non-existant? At the least it will garner attention for Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Despite what was posted above most all here have made it clear they would support such a campaign. Coming off that Cotton Bowl win and #9 ranking it's a no brainer.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 pm Despite what was posted above most all here have made it clear they would support such a campaign. Coming off that Cotton Bowl win and #9 ranking it's a no brainer.
If nothing else, it would be a nice gesture on behalf of the University for all he's doing and has done as a 4 year starter. He might not be the most talented QB we've ever had, but he's probably the best in terms of he has done the most for the program, Shaun King included. (I personally think King was more talented.) He doesn't stand a chance to win but he's a winner and it wouldn't cost much to make the gesture.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dave breslin
Swell

I typed Tyjae and spell check changed it to SUPERMAN !🏈😳
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:08 pm I typed Tyjae and spell check changed it to SUPERMAN !🏈😳
Good one!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:32 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 pm Despite what was posted above most all here have made it clear they would support such a campaign. Coming off that Cotton Bowl win and #9 ranking it's a no brainer.
If nothing else, it would be a nice gesture on behalf of the University for all he's doing and has done as a 4 year starter. He might not be the most talented QB we've ever had, but he's probably the best in terms of he has done the most for the program, Shaun King included. (I personally think King was more talented.) He doesn't stand a chance to win but he's a winner and it wouldn't cost much to make the gesture.
:cheers:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:32 pm
Very true. Pratt reminds me of Mike McKay--not an individual star statistically, but a very effective QB--though I don't remember McKay running as much as Pratt. McKay held the Tulane record for passing accuracy for many years, I'm not sure if that record still stands.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

What are we looking at, ideas!!!

https://www.inc.com/ilan-mochari/7-best ... aigns.html

Here is our early list of the favorites to win the Heisman Trophy 2023. We’ll provide individual breakdowns for each of the players this off-season.
Caleb Williams, QB, USC Trojans
Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina Tar Heels
Blake Corum, RB, Michigan Wolverines
Bo Nix, QB, Oregon Ducks
Michael Penix Jr, QB, Washington Huskies
Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State Seminoles
Marvin Harrison Jr, WR, Ohio State Buckeyes
Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia Bulldogs
Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin Badgers
Quinn Ewers, QB, Texas Longhorns
J.J. McCarthy, QH, Michigan Wolverines
J.T. Tuimoloau, DL, Ohio State Buckeyes
Harold Perkins, EDGE, LSU Tigers
austxwave
High Tide

If Tulane opens up the passing game even more such that Pratt throws for 40 td's and runs for another 12 td...he'll be in the conversation. This is 13 more passing and only 2 more rushing than 2022 numbers. This is attainable but he has to also do this in the Ole Miss game and any other highly televised games (i.e., ESPN or ESPN2 games).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just do it!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:03 pm What are we looking at, ideas!!!

https://www.inc.com/ilan-mochari/7-best ... aigns.html

Here is our early list of the favorites to win the Heisman Trophy 2023. We’ll provide individual breakdowns for each of the players this off-season.
Caleb Williams, QB, USC Trojans
Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina Tar Heels
Blake Corum, RB, Michigan Wolverines
Bo Nix, QB, Oregon Ducks
Michael Penix Jr, QB, Washington Huskies
Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State Seminoles
Marvin Harrison Jr, WR, Ohio State Buckeyes
Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia Bulldogs
Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin Badgers
Quinn Ewers, QB, Texas Longhorns
J.J. McCarthy, QH, Michigan Wolverines
J.T. Tuimoloau, DL, Ohio State Buckeyes
Harold Perkins, EDGE, LSU Tigers
LMAO....Quinn Ewers ?!?!..... we all know "The Arch" will be startin' by the 3rd game of the season
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Pratt has a much stronger arm than McKay but I think McKay was a more accurate passer.
anEngineer
Riptide

Pratt does suffer with accuracy at times.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He had his best year this year which includes his accuracy. Anyone would have had accuracy problems playing behind our OL his first two seasons. Also he didn't have the benefit of a redshirt season. He has been playing since the third game of his true freshman season. I loved Mike McKay as our QB but Pratt is clearly the better of the two.