Brian Kelly

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kelly laughing all the way to the bank. LSU double paid him by mistake as state auditor catches error.

Audit finds LSU overpaid Brian Kelly $1 million in his first year as coach. State now trying to get its money back.
https://www.fox8live.com/2023/01/25/lsu ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Got the scoop: As the season went on, boosters became more concerned about the season that that team in NOLA was having and put the pressure on Kelly to step it up. with that extra money as an incentive. In the end, we all know it didn't work......
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Funny how others picked up on Kelly throwing his players under the bus! That was a criticism at Notre Dame where their fans think they're holier than thou! But watch out for Kelly. Unless his act wears thin in Baton Rouge, he will be successful.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

LSU professor comments on schools "twisted priorities" for athletics v. academics: https://brobible.com/sports/article/lsu ... y-million/
Last edited by Wave755 on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:36 pm Funny how others picked up on Kelly throwing his players under the bus! That was a criticism at Notre Dame where their fans think they're holier than thou! But watch out for Kelly. Unless his act wears thin in Baton Rouge, he will be successful.
Kelly lost to a bad Texas A$M bunch. He beat Alabama going for two. Got crushed by Tennessee and of course UGA. He’s not a coach kids dream about playing for. Jury is still out in my book.
anEngineer
Riptide

We all know what LSU is and is not. Someone in the article tweeted that it's a football program with a school around it. That's an exaggeration, but not totally untrue. You can see the knives come for anyone who attack Athletics. Its a bizarre culture there. When people ask me about LSU, my statement is, "Can you get a good education? Absolutely. Will you get a good education? Maybe." It definitely attracts bone heads and encourages obnoxious behavior.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:38 pm
DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:36 pm Funny how others picked up on Kelly throwing his players under the bus! That was a criticism at Notre Dame where their fans think they're holier than thou! But watch out for Kelly. Unless his act wears thin in Baton Rouge, he will be successful.
Kelly lost to a bad Texas A$M bunch. He beat Alabama going for two. Got crushed by Tennessee and of course UGA. He’s not a coach kids dream about playing for. Jury is still out in my book.
He also won 10 games his first year in the SEC, and had a pretty impressive record at ND. Clearly, at least for his first year, he outperformed expectations in Red Stick.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:59 pm
He also won 10 games his first year in the SEC, and had a pretty impressive record at ND. Clearly, at least for his first year, he outperformed expectations in Red Stick.
Oh yea. He got #10 against Purdue who had most of their regulars not playing in that blowout. LSU always had enough talent to win most this year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:38 pm
Oh yea. He got #10 against Purdue who had most of their regulars not playing in that blowout. LSU always had enough talent to win most this year.
Oh yeah, this is his first rodeo and we have no clue what kind of success he's capable of. I forgot he's a rookie HC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:04 am
Show Me wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:38 pm

Oh yeah, this is his first rodeo and we have no clue what kind of success he's capable of. I forgot he's a rookie HC.
Exactly D. The guy is a proven winner and unfortunately he'll win big there. He's not very likable on a personal basis but he's paid $10 million a year because he's a winner. You're wasting your time here though as he's stuck on stupid as usual.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Of course Kelly’s a winner. But unless he can bring home a National Championship or two he won’t last long there. See Coach O and Miles. 10 wins is expected at LSU.
Wave755
Tsunami

He got a big break when Jayden Daniels came over from Arizona State. Without Daniels LSU's record would have looked a lot more like the preseason predictions of most pundits.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:40 am
He got a big break when Jayden Daniels came over from Arizona State. Without Daniels LSU's record would have looked a lot more like the preseason predictions of most pundits.
So? His staff recruited a player in the portal and it worked out for them. Good job, coach.

Look, the man is not personable. I don't particularly like him. But he's a winner and will win big at LSU where cheating is rewarded. Most thought it would be 3-4 years before LSU would be back on the national stage. How'd that work out for "most pundits?"