Houston Beats Tulane 80-60

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So you got nothing so you go personal as usual. Fact is it made a lot of people miserable as attendance has been horrible. Luckily we play the #1 team in the country on Tuesday so we'll have a crowd.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:47 pm So you got nothing so you go personal as usual. Fact is it made a lot of people miserable as attendance has been horrible. Luckily we play the #1 team in the country on Tuesday so we'll have a crowd.
Crime out of control Uptown
Thankfully Tulane is being pro-active. for once.
https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/article/ne ... 58bc30bef7
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Same story as before. That covers the Broadway corridor not the Freret corridor. There has been no police presence at the games so they have done nothing proactive to protect fans. You're wrong but you'll never admit it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:06 pm Same story as before. That covers the Broadway corridor not the Freret corridor. There has been no police presence at the games so they have done nothing proactive to protect fans. You're wrong but you'll never admit it.
You already admitted you had no idea why and I’m giving you the why. Yet you continue to argue. Continue to believe they did it just to piss off season ticket holders like yourself to keep the crowds down and not give fans a little more daylight to feel safe while getting to the games.
Just watched the 10pm news and it’s on every channel the fear on campus now.

Here’s one
https://www.wdsu.com/article/tulane-pd- ... s/42511230
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No what you said was you heard. Nothing definitive. Actions speak louder than words. There has been no police presence so no they haven't been pro active. Plus as I already pointed out they played one game at 7. So you got nothing.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:02 pm No what you said was you heard. Nothing definitive. Actions speak louder than words. There has been no police presence so no they haven't been pro active. Plus as I already pointed out they played one game at 7. So you got nothing.
Can’t you read? I said they were pro-active 3 previous times but you refuse to acknowledge this in your relentless pursuit of arguing with someone. Credit Tulane Athletics for once with the time change to allow fans a little more daylight while parking and walking in the dangerous University area.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The facts don't back up the rumor you heard and that's been made clear over and over. Hardly anyone has gone to the games because of the time change and the few that do are parking after it's already dark as they get there right before tip off or get their late. Plus they all leave in the dark. Most importantly there is no police presence. You got nothing nothing as usual.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:44 am The facts don't back up the rumor you heard and that's been made clear over and over. Hardly anyone has gone to the games because of the time change and the few that do are parking after it's already dark as they get there right before tip off or get their late. Plus they all leave in the dark. Most importantly there is no police presence. You got nothing nothing as usual.
They did it just to inconvenience you and give you another subject to argue and complain about. Meanwhile real fans feel a little safer now.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:51 am
winwave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:44 am The facts don't back up the rumor you heard and that's been made clear over and over. Hardly anyone has gone to the games because of the time change and the few that do are parking after it's already dark as they get there right before tip off or get their late. Plus they all leave in the dark. Most importantly there is no police presence. You got nothing nothing as usual.
They did it just to inconvenience you and give you another subject to argue and complain about. Meanwhile real fans feel a little safer now.
It has inconvenienced many and a lot of them chose to stay home. You're not a real fan as you don't go to the games. Otherwise you'd know what you've been saying has no basis in truth. But rather than accept the facts you'd rather ruin a thread about us playing the #1 team in the country.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:22 am
Show Me wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:51 am
It has inconvenienced many and a lot of them chose to stay home. You're not a real fan as you don't go to the games. Otherwise you'd know what you've been saying has no basis in truth. But rather than accept the facts you'd rather ruin a thread about us playing the #1 team in the country.
We have our first sellout in years tomorrow so that debunks your theory of people staying home.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. It’s because we are playing the #1 team in the country. All the other 6 O’clock games were poorly attended and that was with everyone excited about this season. So the point holds.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:00 am LOL. It’s because we are playing the #1 team in the country. All the other 6 O’clock games were poorly attended and that was with everyone excited about this season. So the point holds.
We played #1’s before with no sellout. Last being Memphis. We agree to disagree. You think it’s to hurt attendance and I beg to differ in that it’s a safety issue.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

C'mon man...we all know it is a 6pm tip off, so Tulane can be the headline game on ESPN+
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Tulane1111
High Tide

Katz has us now at #32 and says we may be Houstons only real test on the schedule.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

SeatGeek has a bunch of tickets for sale starting at $10
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:22 am
winwave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:00 am LOL. It’s because we are playing the #1 team in the country. All the other 6 O’clock games were poorly attended and that was with everyone excited about this season. So the point holds.
We played #1’s before with no sellout. Last being Memphis. We agree to disagree. You think it’s to hurt attendance and I beg to differ in that it’s a safety issue.
Total BS. We sold out against Memphis then and many times when they weren't #1. That was always an automatic sellout until their program dropped off and ours became abysmal. I never said it was to hurt attendance I said it has hurt attendance but you have to make stuff up because you have nothing. There is none. Your'e flat out wrong.If it was for safety there would be a police presence. There is none. Your'e flat out wrong.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane plays the #1 team in the nation tonight. Please END the senseless argument about the start time, or at least take it to private messages. Either one of you can simply not respond. MODS: can we delete the last 2 dozen or so posts by these two?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:01 pm Tulane plays the #1 team in the nation tonight. Please END the senseless argument about the start time, or at least take it to private messages. Either one of you can simply not respond. MODS: can we delete the last 2 dozen or so posts by these two?
But that's the way this site works: petty arguments about irrelevant things for the sole purpose of insulting other posters.
Forever TU
Surge

anEngineer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:39 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:01 pm Tulane plays the #1 team in the nation tonight. Please END the senseless argument about the start time, or at least take it to private messages. Either one of you can simply not respond. MODS: can we delete the last 2 dozen or so posts by these two?
But that's the way this site works: petty arguments about irrelevant things for the sole purpose of insulting other posters.
And it's getting old fast. Either can it or as others have said take it to the DMs. smh.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston is favored by 10.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:18 pm A chance to make history:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/surg ... a2e01.html
Thanks for the link.

Could be quite an amazing January. I think a win could get the Wave ranked. Or at least getting votes.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:41 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:18 pm A chance to make history:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/surg ... a2e01.html
Thanks for the link.

Could be quite an amazing January. I think a win could get the Wave ranked. Or at least getting votes.

ROLL WAVE!
Meant to mention we got one vote this week. And yes it would be quite amazing. Throw in the fact that LSU basketball is in a downward spiral and we have a chance to really get the media's attention.
Wave755
Tsunami

Houston is now a 9.5 pt. favorite over the Wave, O/U 147.5 pts. https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... vs-tulane/
winwave
Top of the WAVE